Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: News Corp Donates $1 Million To Republican Governor's Association

AsburySkinsFan

I've said for a long time that the largest threat this country faces is the propagandists masquerading as news. Now they don't even pretend anymore, and as we can see, not only do we accept it, but the polarization that it has fed is now so thorough that I believe the well is forever poisoned.

Truth is gone. Any pretense of it is long crushed, and any attempt at it in the future will be lost in the swirl of lies that makes up our "information".

Oh, Bang, it's worse than that.

Not only is Truth no longer important, we've convinced people that it doesn't exist.

Haven't you seen the "logic"? "Well, every person is human, and every person has bias. Therefore, there is no such thing as being unbiased. Therefore, being intentionally, deliberately, systematically biased really isn't Bad. In fact, intentional bias is Moral, because 'them other folks' pretend to be unbiased."

Truth is Santa Claus, now. Anybody who claims to believe in it is a liar or a lunatic. "Truth" has been replaced by "Does it agree with the opinion you've already formed?"

Oh, Bang, it's worse than that.

Not only is Truth no longer important, we've convinced people that it doesn't exist.

Haven't you seen the "logic"? "Well, every person is human, and every person has bias. Therefore, there is no such thing as being unbiased. Therefore, being intentionally, deliberately, systematically biased really isn't Bad. In fact, intentional bias is Moral, because 'them other folks' pretend to be unbiased."

Truth is Santa Claus, now. Anybody who claims to believe in it is a liar or a lunatic. "Truth" has been replaced by "Does it agree with the opinion you've already formed?"

Absolutely right!! It has become a self fulfilling prophecy. When Faux came on the scene their line was to show that the other networks had bias and they were going to tell the story straight, now it's hey we all have bias, you might as well embrace yours and watch a network who caters to your bias. Journalistic integrity be damned. And for me the worst part is not the perpetrators of the fraud but those who readily admit that the fraud is taking place and still rationalize the fraud.

Who's bloody with me!?

Every time I see "V for Vendetta" I honestly can't help but see Hannity and Beck shilling away for the party. The only difference between that movie and our reality is that in the movie the viewers understood that they were watching lies and outright propaganda.

If we could only go back to the days when their was ONLY a liberal media. Sigh.....those were the days.

LOL, that's actually funny. You probably meant it seriously, but it's still pretty funny considering it was NEVER as bad as it is today because of the Faux effect. Walter Cronkite must be spinning in his grave.

When was the last time you saw the "liberal media" report and present the White House talking points verbatim as if it were actual news reporting?

LOL, that's actually funny. You probably meant it seriously, but it's still pretty funny considering it was NEVER as bad as it is today because of the Faux effect. Walter Cronkite must be spinning in his grave.

When was the last time you saw the "liberal media" report and present the White House talking points verbatim as if it were actual news reporting?

Everynight on Hardball.

Olbermann and Maddow used to be the mouthpieces for the left while Bush was in office, but Obama still isnt far enough left for them to like.

Cronkite was over 30 years ago. Since then the majors have trotted out one left winger after another in the seat and until FoxNews came about, CNN was the not even willing to pretend not to be mouthpiece for Clinton.

Since you didn't define "liberal media" I'll take the opportunity and say it happens EVERY DAY somewhere. Whether it be a network broadcast, cable, newspaper, blog, web-site commentary etc. It's part and parcel of the media "strategy" the WH, DNC, RNC, PAC's, constituent groups etc use to get their "message" out there. The audience(s)for those messages vary but the MO is all the same.

Since you didn't define "liberal media" I'll take the opportunity and say it happens EVERY DAY somewhere. Whether it be a network broadcast, cable, newspaper, blog, web-site commentary etc. It's part and parcel of the media "strategy" the WH, DNC, RNC, PAC's, constituent groups etc use to get their "message" out there. The audience(s)for those messages vary but the MO is all the same.

So is this ok with you?

You and I both know that every major news network, most major newspapers in the US, and 2 out of 3 cable news orgs push the leftwing agenda on a daily basis.

You guys are just bitter and pissed because EVERYONE isnt spinning it the way you want and were used to seeing.

You can ***** and moan and cry about how the truth is gone and everything is propoganda, but the REAL truth is it's always been propoganda. Just now their are two sides being presented.

No, they don't. (And you, and they, know it.)

"Never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer."

What they have is "Look, over here! Here's a story that wasn't spun the way I want it spun!"

Next on Faux News we answer "Is Obama really the worst President in history?" And stay tuned for Karl Rove's take on the "Worst President in History" followed by Huckabee's interview with Rudy Giuliani and his belief that "Obama is the worst President in history", and watch at 9pm when Hannity and Beck will host a round table interview with the most beautiful woman in politics and Alaska's best governor Sarah Palin as she talks about the worst president in history.

As long as their are people like you doing the same for every other network, I'll be here.

:ols: Find where I shill for the other networks? Olbermann is Beck's doppelganger and I can't stand him any more than I can stand Maddow, CNN is a joke. Who exactly do you think I'm shilling for? I want them all to be better, but Faux...(and I know you will never believe this) is FAR worse than anything we've seen out of the others. BTW, I have noticed that you didn't respond to my question about the other networks using White House talking points.

So is this ok with you?

Well it's really a moot point because it been this way my entire life. It's the way it is. My beef has been the UTTER hypocrisy the "main stream" media paints itself as the over seeer of the gov't for the good of the common man. BS. They are part and parcel of the gov't duplicitous ways. From Walter Duranty to Dan Rather and all the episode in between the mainstream media have taken side for centuries and any pretense to the contrary is juts plain ignorant of what has ACTUALLY transpired in this country. Propaganda is a fine art and definitely a prerequisite for media types.

"Never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer."

Next on Faux News we answer "Is Obama really the worst President in history?" And stay tuned for Karl Rove's take on the "Worst President in History" followed by Huckabee's interview with Rudy Giuliani and his belief that "Obama is the worst President in history", and watch at 9pm when Hannity and Beck will host a round table interview with the most beautiful woman in politics and Alaska's best governor Sarah Palin as she talks about the worst president in history.

Meanwhile on MSNBC.

It's Bush's fault. For the sinking of the Titanic

It's Bush's fault. For the assination of JFK.

It's Bush's fault. For the skins lost to the cowboys last season.

We here love playing the blame game!:D

:ols: Find where I shill for the other networks? Olbermann is Beck's doppelganger and I can't stand him any more than I can stand Maddow, CNN is a joke. Who exactly do you think I'm shilling for? I want them all to be better, but Faux...(and I know you will never believe this) is FAR worse than anything we've seen out of the others. BTW, I have noticed that you didn't respond to my question about the other networks using White House talking points.

The fact that I wont spend my time to find a matching example does not 1- mean one doesnt exist 2- mean that there are other ways to push an agenda without using talking points directly from the white house.

You say Fox is worse, I say MSNBC is far and beyond the biases on Fox. But it's the subtle message that gets perpetrated by the Majors and newspapers that causes the most harm.

Those two are far left libs, but they're not representative of the mainstream media (which is center-left, not to the left of Castro).

No, no see you need to understand the rules of this game.

1) find a liberal personality on another network

2) then say that since there are liberals on other networks then those networks are nothing but liberal shills

3) use that rationale to excuse Faux's deliberate flooding of their network with GOP shills, and ignore the fact that no other network regularly employs so many GOP politicians Karl Rove, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin.

4) then once that is done rest easy in the illusion that they've created.

Archived