Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: News Corp Donates $1 Million To Republican Governor's Association

AsburySkinsFan

:ols: Find where I shill for the other networks? Olbermann is Beck's doppelganger and I can't stand him any more than I can stand Maddow, CNN is a joke. Who exactly do you think I'm shilling for? I want them all to be better, but Faux...(and I know you will never believe this) is FAR worse than anything we've seen out of the others. BTW, I have noticed that you didn't respond to my question about the other networks using White House talking points.

Well if you don't watch Fox, MSNBC, ABC CBS how do you know what they report. Maddow, HardBall, Ed Schultz, Olberpuke etc report the WH talking points or POV's EVERY night. Morning Joe's Mika Brezizski has even admitted to being part of a WH "working group" in helping them present their (WH) point of view. Come on get real for a sec. Every News organization has their target market and as a 50/50 (dems/reps) country fox has capitalized on the 50 the others have disregarded for decades. Your admitted hatred for fox is clouding you "judgment" on the other charlatans out there.

I want them all to be better, but Faux...(and I know you will never believe this) is FAR worse than anything we've seen out of the others.

There's no doubt that Fox is much more blatant in their approach. I never watch it locally, but I happened to stop on it for a while in a hotel room a while ago, and while I don't remember the exact story (healthcare?), the segment topic made me laugh (I think it was something like "Democrats: Do They Cause Cancer?"- it definitely used the old "use a question mark so you can imply anything you want without getting sued" trick).

Of course, in many ways, the news media in general has itself to blame. It's been left-leaning ( or center-left, another good description) for years, which was frustrating to those on the right. I suspect that a center-right major outlet could have satisfied, but the vacuum allowed Fox and the Washington Times to jump in.

Things are only worse, now, because the minority of journalists that don't lean left are now all seemingly going to Fox, leaving the rest even more left leaning than they were before. Guys like Stossel and Hume used to balance things somewhat, now there's no one left.

And, of course, Fox has given MSNBC tacit permission to more or less wear "Obama 2008" campaign buttons on the air.

Ever wonder why I can't stand Faux News? Maybe, and I'm just going out on a limb here, but maybe it's because of the fact that for years they pulled the wool over my eyes and I bought their "fair and balanced" crap for too long. I don't like being duped and I resent Faux News for duping me, and I can't stand the fact that I allowed myself to be duped by them. And I want so badly for others to see Faux for exactly what they are, that's why I'm against Faux News. The entire network is a sham, and the worst part is that people eat it up like fillet mignon, when really it's the scum found on the bottom of a trash can that has been left in the sweltering summer heat.

This is hilarious. :ols:

Because you were ignorant enough to allow the wool to be pulled over your eyes, it's their fault. Priceless.

You were repeatedly duped by something, so over the top obvious that a caveman could figure it out, but now you know better. Doesn't inspire much confidence in your overall judgment.

Faux rage, over Faux news, from a Faux of enlightenment.

Well it's really a moot point because it been this way my entire life. It's the way it is. My beef has been the UTTER hypocrisy the "main stream" media paints itself as the over seeer of the gov't for the good of the common man. BS. They are part and parcel of the gov't duplicitous ways. From Walter Duranty to Dan Rather and all the episode in between the mainstream media have taken side for centuries and any pretense to the contrary is juts plain ignorant of what has ACTUALLY transpired in this country. Propaganda is a fine art and definitely a prerequisite for media types.

Ahh so it's been that way (supposedly) all your life so you might as well except it? Ok, to me that comes from one of two places 1) I like it this way so why rock the boat? 2) I don't care enough to want it to change. Yay on both counts.

Meanwhile on MSNBC.

It's Bush's fault. For the sinking of the Titanic

It's Bush's fault. For the assination of JFK.

It's Bush's fault. For the skins lost to the cowboys last season.

We here love playing the blame game!:D

:blahblah:

The fact that I wont spend my time to find a matching example does not 1- mean one doesnt exist 2- mean that there are other ways to push an agenda without using talking points directly from the white house.

Ahh, so without any evidence to back up your assertion you're just going to keep on believing it...why? Oh because it's what you WANT to believe.

You say Fox is worse, I say MSNBC is far and beyond the biases on Fox. But it's the subtle message that gets perpetrated by the Majors and newspapers that causes the most harm.

Yep, and there it is again..."You can't trust any of them, so you might as well trust the one that agrees with your preconceived ideas." Fantabulous.

This is hilarious. :ols:

Because you were ignorant enough to allow the wool to be pulled over your eyes, it's their fault. Priceless.

Do often blame the victim of a fraud, instead of the person who commits the fraud?

I mean for crying out loud, in your own statement you admit that they are pulling the wool over our eyes and you then blame someone who has gotten the wool pulled over their eyes?! Talk about priceless.

Every News organization has their target market and as a 50/50 (dems/reps) country fox has capitalized on the 50 the others have disregarded for decades. Your admitted hatred for fox is clouding you "judgment" on the other charlatans out there.

Every news organization or every cable TV organization?

Ahh so it's been that way (supposedly) all your life so you might as well except it? Ok, to me that comes from one of two places 1) I like it this way so why rock the boat? 2) I don't care enough to want it to change. Yay on both counts.

:blahblah:

Ahh, so without any evidence to back up your assertion you're just going to keep on believing it...why? Oh because it's what you WANT to believe.

Yep, and there it is again..."You can't trust any of them, so you might as well trust the one that agrees with your preconceived ideas." Fantabulous.

As opposed to "Only one is bad, so choose the one that isnt". Which is the exact same thing, only without the honesty about your own biases.

Originally Posted by AsburySkinsFan View Post

Ever wonder why I can't stand Faux News? Maybe, and I'm just going out on a limb here, but maybe it's because of the fact that for years they pulled the wool over my eyes and I bought their "fair and balanced" crap for too long. I don't like being duped and I resent Faux News for duping me, and I can't stand the fact that I allowed myself to be duped by them. And I want so badly for others to see Faux for exactly what they are, that's why I'm against Faux News. The entire network is a sham, and the worst part is that people eat it up like fillet mignon, when really it's the scum found on the bottom of a trash can that has been left in the sweltering summer heat.

Well at least I can say this has never happended to me. Why? because I have my eyes open and know what the news "business" has offered over the years. Gullibility is not a strong suite for me.

As opposed to "Only one is bad, so choose the one that isnt". Which is the exact same thing, only without the honesty about your own biases.

Ahhh but where have I said "Only one is bad, so choose the one that isn't"? Where Kilmer? Or are we going to add a new rule to the game 5) put words in people's mouths so the strawman is easier to tear down.

Most of the time, yes. Just a smidgen of common sense negates the majority of fraud, on contact.

Well I certainly hope you aren't a judge.

Well at least I can say this has never happended to me. Why? because I have my eyes open and know what the news "business" has offered over the years. Gullibility is not a strong suite for me.

Well that's great, you've always had your eyes opened...fantastic, so what about the other 99.9% of people who actually have to learn in life. I mean you're obviously the exception to the rule here so tell us what the rest of us should do? :doh:

Well I'm glad that we've established one thing here today

Kilmer, Ax, and aREDSKIN all have affirmed that Faux News is an untrustworthy news organization due to the fact that they are heavily biased, they pull the wool over their viewers eyes and they prey on the gullible.

Thanks fellas. :thumbsup:

Kilmer, Ax, and aREDSKIN all have affirmed that Faux News is an untrustworthy news organization due to the fact that they are heavily biased, they pull the wool over their viewers eyes and they prey on the gullible.

Glad to help. God knows you need it. :pfft:

Ahhh but where have I said "Only one is bad, so choose the one that isn't"? Where Kilmer? Or are we going to add a new rule to the game 5) put words in people's mouths so the strawman is easier to tear down.

Probably in the same place I claimed to have a video of Chris Matthews admitting to using WH talking points.

Now if you can OPEN your eyes and say that all the other "News/entertainment" conglomerates out there are just as biased and agenda driven as Fox then we're making progress. But alas you'll fail me once again. I think.

Probably in the same place I claimed to have a video of Chris Matthews admitting to using WH talking points.

Ahh but it was you Kilmer who said that MSNBC uses White House talking points every night. So were you bloviating or do you have evidence to back up your claim? I produced my smoking gun, where is yours?

Ahh but it was you Kilmer who said that MSNBC uses White House talking points every night. So were you bloviating or do you have evidence to back up your claim? I produced my smoking gun, where is yours?

Again, Im not going searching for a video. And that wasnt the point of the discussion either.

You are more than welcome to hide your head back in the sand.

Now if you can OPEN your eyes and say that all the other "News/entertainment" conglomerates out there are just as biased and agenda driven as Fox then we're making progress. But alas you'll fail me once again. I think.

I just wanted to get you into that corner, and now that my job is done I bid adieu.

The next step will be to have you start calling Faux News to be better and return to journalistic integrity. But alas you'll probably fail me once again...I bet.

Archived