Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressed with the Redskins Energy. MET

skins4ever17

Although everyone says "it's just pre-season" I noticed the Redskins through the WHOLE game had so much more energy and gas in their tanks than the Bills.

The Redskins all in all seemed physically stronger, and more conditioned. This really pumps me up!

The Bills seemed tired out early, and the Skins never backed down once... just something to think about. I never have seen the Redskins so energized, such a different feeling.

Anyone else notice this?

In the words of coach Boone..."We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts...and then you will run a mile"...

.conditioning! I heard Sellers mention in an interview that he did not run and complete a play the wyat Shanny wanted him to and ......."he ran"

Hopefully the mentality Shanahan is building is that 1) we will be prepared and conditioned play and 2) we will exert maximum effort on each play. All of the emphasis on guys running to drills and finishing the play may get rid of the lazy (G'd up) attitude of the last few years.

In the words of coach Boone..."We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts...and then you will run a mile"...

Drop a pass? Devin Thomas better get some stickum ready.

I am not putting any stock in that game. They were still playing the Bills. They were playing a team that sucks against players who are not very likely to make a sucky team.

It's the first preseason game and while I did see some things I liked, I also had to keep in mind who they were playing against.

I saw the same observations, conditioning has ALWAYS been a issue Zorn era. Now we have a real head coach who is well rounded on how to properly manage a NFL roster ... we wasted 2 years of redskin football.

You say waste i say we got Rak and the silverback. Football wise it was hard to watch.

I saw the same observations, conditioning has ALWAYS been a issue Zorn era. Now we have a real head coach who is well rounded on how to properly manage a NFL roster ... we wasted 2 years of redskin football.
I knock on wood when I type this but yes, I think changes in the Training Room, Off Season (if there is an off season) Conditioning and a better focus on Strength and Conditioning have played a big part in fending off injuries. Again, knocking on wood, throwing salt over the shoulder etc.

I am not putting any stock in that game. They were still playing the Bills. They were playing a team that sucks against players who are not very likely to make a sucky team.

It's the first preseason game and while I did see some things I liked, I also had to keep in mind who they were playing against.

I loved the way we played, but we were playing the Bills.

Last year I would have questioned winning such a game, even against a bad team. The biggest thing to take from this game is the culture change in Ashburn.

Agreed. We did look good, but the Bills are horrible. If they win 4 games this year I think it'll be a good season for them. If we look good against the Ravens on Saturday, then I'll really be impressed. It was nice to see them score points and play well, but its still only the preseason. The 2008 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason...

Say what you want about the Bills, but wasn't it nice for a change to be able to nitpick the game to find the negatives instead of the positives?? I realize our O looked good vs. NE last year, but other than that game, it seemed like all I did was rattle off a bunch of "ifs" that would have led to our offense scoring points or our defense getting stops.

If Campbell had hit that pass we might have kicked a FG on our drive and then our first-team O would have scored on their first-team O.

If Rogers catches that INT, we feel a whole lot better about that opening D drive.

If ARE gets two more blocks, maybe he breaks that punt return for a long gain or a TD.

Well, for once, we have to look at the "what ifs" to temper our enthusiasm, not to keep us from panicking...I'll take it!!

Last year the Ravens KILLED us and we needed late Chase Daniel TDs to beat the Steelers. Like I said, somehow we looked good vs. NE in the "dress rehearsal" game, but I still like the feel of this game much, much more.

How can you say "oh its just the Bills" when we were 4-12 last year and 8-8 the year before because of a massive melt down, and the year prior to that we lost to the Bills? Coming into Friday, a Bills-Redskins game was a "bad team" vs "bad team" matchup. Its not as if the Bills didnt try as hard as we did to improve for this year. For the Redskins to come out looking SO MUCH the superior team says volumes about the quality of the effort to improve: conditioning, coaching, players, discipline, etc.

I get the skepticism but come on, enough with the "it was just the Bills" stuff!

Nothing personal, blue collar...just pulling your quote as one of many....

I find it funny that everyone says "it was just the Bills"....it was just the Redskins out there.....the Bills had two more wins then we did last year...I'm a homer as much as anyone, but really....we've been awful for a very long time and I think it's funny how a lot of ESers say I can't believe we lost to X or we only beat Y who sucks....

uhhh....we've sucked....a lot.....for a while....

This year looks to change that course and I'm with us 1000% and think we'll be the darkhorse in the NFC this year....I expect a playoff appearance and hopefully more....but let's not forget where we've come from people....

We beat an NFL team....The Lions snapped a 19 game losing streak against us....any given sunday....

HTTR.

Archived