Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

how do we feel about Ben Davies at Left Back? Not sure that I've noticed him or not. Swansea City player....,.

I honestly can't say on Davis but I'd happily take the guy he replaced at LB for both club and Country, Neil Taylor; when Taylor suffered a horrific ankle injury.

And Taylor's a genuine red.

Hail.

• Like 1

I honestly can't say on Davis but I'd happily take the guy he replaced at LB for both club and Country, Neil Taylor; when Taylor suffered a horrific ankle injury.

And Taylor's a genuine red.

Hail.

Well, he, Skrtel, Lovern, and Flanno would be an upgrade for me.

I would also hope that we are in the DeAndre Yedlin sweepstakes.

Yes, I am serious.  That right side would be SMOKING with Yedlin and Sterling on the same side.  It's not even fair.

Yes, I am serious. That right side would be SMOKING with Yedlin and Sterling on the same side. It's not even fair.

Rodgers was quoted this week as saying having Enrique back for the start of pre-season was like having a 'new signing' ....,

EXACTLY!

It's still unconfirmed just how high and drunk BR was at the time of the quote.

Hail.

*Edit* Just reading Anderlecht, Napoli and Roma have put in official requests with MLS for Yedlin.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yes, I am serious.  That right side would be SMOKING with Yedlin and Sterling on the same side.  It's not even fair.

I see rumors with Skrtle going to Turkey and Agger going to Barca (finally). I think Sakho and Lovern will br the center back pairing

Rodgers was quoted this week as saying having Enrique back for the start of pre-season was like having a 'new signing' ....,

EXACTLY!

It's still unconfirmed just how high and drunk BR was at the time of the quote.

Hail.

Sometimes you know you aren't going to be able to get a new player in a certain position and you have to talk up the player you have…even if everyone knows it's complete and utter bull****

Edited by jobaga

*Edit* Just reading Anderlecht, Napoli and Roma have put in official requests with MLS for Yedlin.

I knew of Roma, interesting on the other too.  He plays RB/RWB for the MNT... but he can also play RW and has speed to burn.

I see rumors with Skrtle going to Turkey and Agger going to Barca (finally). I think Sakho and Lovern will br the center back pairing

I make you right if/ or rather when, Lovren signs.

As woefully poor as Sakho was last year, he does look to have all the components to be a real classy ball playing centre half.

I put year one down to youth, a new league and no less moving to a completely new Country and culture that gets lost at times with young players.

Cautiously optimistic for a long career in our colours from him.

Hail.

Wouldn't mind keeping Sakho back there.  He needs some sugar and spice still be has the most potential of the lot.

Sometimes you know you aren't going to be able to get a new player in a certain position and you have to talk up the payer you have…even if everyone knows it's complete and utter bull****

Aka the Arsene Wenger approach

• Like 1

Sometimes you know you aren't going to be able to get a new player in a certain position and you have to talk up the payer you have…even if everyone knows it's complete and utter bull****

Another reason why, if the rumours where ever true, I believe BR is the perfect manager for Balotelli.

His man management and player PR is superb at making every last one of the group feel they're a vital cog. And he'd give Marios ego the love he craves to be happy and successful.

Hail.

• Like 1

I make you right if/ or rather when, Lovren signs.

As woefully poor as Sakho was last year, he does look to have all the components to be a real classy ball playing centre half.

I put year one down to youth, a new league and no less moving to a completely new Country and culture that gets lost at times with young players.

Cautiously optimistic for a long career in our colours from him.

Hail.

In a World Cup full of terrible and lazy defending, Sahko has stood out to me as one of the best center backs in the tournament. I think you may disagree, but I think Lovern had a nice tournament as well. I would be happy for them to be the pairing. On the other hand, I will be gutted if Agger leaves. I believe he should be a Red until he can't play anymore...

I knew of Roma, interesting on the other too. He plays RB/RWB for the MNT... but he can also play RW and has speed to burn.

Honestly only ever seen him play, live or on tape, this WC.

Not judging him at all on 3 games but for an inexperienced 21 year old I was very impressed by both how he handled the situation and no less his ability.

Very promising looking kid indeed. Might be best served seating with Seattle another season to get more experience as he learns and develops, but I get the lure of Europe.

In a World Cup full of terrible and lazy defending, Sahko has stood out to me as one of the best center backs in the tournament. I think you may disagree, but I think Lovern had a nice tournament as well. I would be happy for them to be the pairing. On the other hand, I will be gutted if Agger leaves. I believe he should be a Red until he can't play anymore...

Honestly never saw one Croat game through a combo of working graveyard and watching the other last game in that group. And I only saw Frances last two games. He was poor against Germany but then Feance were utterly pathetic period in that game so I wouldn't signal anyone out for Les Bleus. (Apart from Benzema but FF says that's now French law and they guillotine you if you don't.).

Love Danny Agger man but he's never fit. I the money was right I'd cash in as I would of done a couple I summers back when City where rumoured to be thinking 20 mill. Should of snapped their hands off at that.

Be sad to see him go but like Kelly it's time to move on for me. You sadly just can't count on either being healthy.

Hail.

• Like 1

I knew of Roma, interesting on the other too.  He plays RB/RWB for the MNT... but he can also play RW and has speed to burn.

I think the ideal situation would be for Liverpool to sign him and then loan him out (preferably to another BPL club) where he will get plenty of time on the field to adjust to the English game without the pressure to perform at an extremely high level immediately.

• Like 1

Always had that view that we should of cashed in. You just can't rely on him. Nothing new there. 

Now, hearing me say Skrtel's better ..... It'll be a cold day in Hell when you see THAT day!  ;)

Hail. 

Well, you worry about your attacking third and I'll worry about the rest then.

:P

• Like 1