Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If Henderson has to play for Liverpool to work, then Liverpool have serious problems.

And he still needs to 'come out', but that's another subject.

Hail.

Either that or Joe Allen is just really, really, really, really, REALLY ****ing bad.

I hate every time that he comes in.  Would've preferred Moses in Sterling's spot and Sterling back in Jordan's spot.

• Like 1

Either that or Joe Allen is just really, really, really, really, REALLY ****ing bad.

I hate every time that he comes in.  Would've preferred Moses in Sterling's spot and Sterling back in Jordan's spot.

I got what you were saying, and Allen really is that bad. 

Just I will never get the general fan love for Henderson. He's an athlete who'll run all day for you. (Even if he does run like a girl.). But he's bereft of talent and a VERY average footballer to be kind. This was a raging debate between 4 of us in the car going down yesterday and a good friend who's normally spot on has somehow been drawn into thinking Jordan's developing into a good player.

I honestly do not get the love. 

Ferguson is, was and always will be a dick. But he was bang on the nail when it came to his assessment of Henderson. 

Neither Joe Allen nor Jordan Henderson should be ANYWHERE near Liverpool Football Club if truth be told.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

I disagree on Henderson. I think he has played very well this year. He has always had a great motor, but now his runs are better timed and intelligent. He may not ever score more than 10 goals in a season, but he will always be all over the pitch opening up lanes for his teammates. Moses needs to be on the next train back to London. Joe Allen is not good enough.

Completely and utterly agree on Moses. Didn't like the loan when it happened as it took away from both Sterling and Ibe's development. Won't be sorry to see it end as he's contributed very little. 

And I wouldn't disagree that Henderson has improved and played well (at times) this year. The problem was he was below average to start with so that improvement isn't saying much .....

I just don't see much of anything in him. At all. 

Hail. 

Jordan Henderson

He covers a TON of ground, he's creative, and he kicks a good ball.  Just don't ask him to finish.  Please don't ask him to finish :lol:  #OhHendo

Just watch him this Sunday, or at least pay attention to him a little more.  He does a lot for our midfield.

He covers a TON of ground, he's creative, and he kicks a good ball.  Just don't ask him to finish.  Please don't ask him to finish :lol:  #OhHendo

Just watch him this Sunday, or at least pay attention to him a little more.  He does a lot for our midfield.

He also ***** out of challenges and gives the ball away FAR too often. 

Again, you guys aren't alone. He's getting somewhat of a 'cult' status among many. I just don't see much of anything in him at all. Yeah, he'll run all day for you. But so would most anyone you took out of the stands. And they'd probably look as incompetent as he does 9 times out of 10. 

I'm convinced he has pictures of Henry in a VERY compromising position as he's thus far fooled both Kenny and Buck Rodgers into believing he's a footballer .....

Hail. 

Again, you guys aren't alone. He's getting somewhat of a 'cult' status among many. I just don't see much of anything in him at all. Yeah, he'll run all day for you. But so would most anyone you took out of the stands. And they'd probably look as incompetent as he does 9 times out of 10. 

I'm convinced he has pictures of Henry in a VERY compromising position as he's thus far fooled both Kenny and Buck Rodgers into believing he's a footballer .....

Hail. 

It's not like he's a Stevie in the making or anything.  He's just a good player.  It's probably got more to do with how bad Joe Allen looks, I don't know for sure.

But look at the difference between when he was in and when he wasn't this past FA cup game.  It's noticable.  Could another decent mid-fielder make the offense go with the strikers we have?  Probably.

And for how much I like him, I want him nowhere near the front 3rd of the pitch.

How's Lucas coming along speaking of CDMs?

Completely and utterly agree on Moses. Didn't like the loan when it happened as it took away from both Sterling and Ibe's development. Won't be sorry to see it end as he's contributed very little. 

And I wouldn't disagree that Henderson has improved and played well (at times) this year. The problem was he was below average to start with so that improvement isn't saying much .....

I just don't see much of anything in him. At all. 

Hail. 

A little depth coming back next year and maybe a purchase or two with the Johnson kittie will be nice.

Flanno has regressed/hit a wall the last few for me but he goes hard when he plays.  He tidies up that ball in the final 1/3 and he's dangerous.

Top 4 is a must.  If Top 4 or the league are on the line we are renting out Penny Lane in Richmond :lol: (my bro and I) for the last game of the season.

Edited by DC9

Hail. 

Well, he's English and above average....so naturally he's overvalued

Horrible may be a strong word but they aren't a good matchup with all that speed. 

They've really hit another gear since that first game.

Honestly, while I want to beat Bayern, going out after this round would not be the end of the world.

It would allow them to focus more on the league title and FA Cup

we had Ramsey that first match and he is becoming 2 midfielders in one. WE havent had him the last two matches.

Also, Gibbs>>>Monreal

They arent a horrible matchup.

Allen looked good in Swansea I thought.  What happened?

He was never that good. He is a crab, imo. You need more dynamism.

Suspicious penalty awarded for Barcelona seemed Messi was brought down outside of the penalty box, Demichelis got a red.

Ibracadabra having fun in Leverkusen, PSG leading 0-3 in first half. Second half, Bayer playing without Spahic who got a red. Cabaye just scored, 0-4.

Edited by FrFan

Suspicious penalty awarded for Barcelona seemed Messi was brought down outside of the penalty box, Demichelis got a red.

Ibracadabra having fun in Leverkusen, PSG leading 0-3 in first half. Second half, Bayer playing without Spahic who got a red. Cabaye just scored, 0-4.

Good start to the week with City all but out. 

Good luck Bayern tomorrow. I'll be watching the Milan game so I'll check in here after for a rundown. 

Hail. 

It's going to come out a decade from now how Barca were doping and they were paying refs off. 

Crab like perhaps.  But to say he wasn't good in Swansea isn't fair I think.

http://eplindex.com/29389/a-defence-of-joe-allen-liverpool-fc-stats-analysis.html

I didnt say he wasnt good at Swansea, I said he wasnt that good.

People got overawed by a British player who didnt play 50 yard cross the field balls and thought he was more than he is. He is, and always has been, a crab.

• Like 1

The interpretation, as of a few years ago, allows for that—even if contact happens outside the box (edge of the box) but momentum would have carried the player into the area, then the ref has discretion to award the penalty. I don't know if that has been changed again. 

The interpretation, as of a few years ago, allows for that—even if contact happens outside the box (edge of the box) but momentum would have carried the player into the area, then the ref has discretion to award the penalty. I don't know if that has been changed again. 

Unchanged, Pellegrini said the ref was the same one who screwed to the detriment of Barca last year (against Milan), and thinks he was making up for them this time.

Edited by FrFan