Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This season is pretty much the high point of Yeovil's existence.  Cut 'em a little slack. :P

I've been to Yeovil although it was to play cricket years and years ago (can't for the life of my recall why I was playing in Yeovil but anyway). Its actually a good place with some very friendly locals. Had a great night out. She was a bottle blonde if memory serves ....

Seriously I think teams like Yeovil who have fought their way out of non league football up the pyramid are a great story and a credit to the English game. That kind of thing hardly ever happens anywhere else in Europe. I'm just getting tired of being out of the big league. Nothing to be gained by ****ing though, no one owes us anything, we just need to get promoted!

• Like 1

I've been to Yeovil although it was to play cricket years and years ago (can't for the life of my recall why I was playing in Yeovil but anyway). Its actually a good place with some very friendly locals. Had a great night out. She was a bottle blonde if memory serves ....

The rumour that her husband, who just happens to be her older brother, was out tending the crops through this 'interlude' is a scandalous one and remains totally at the descretion of Mr. C .....

Hail.

The rumour that her husband, who just happens to be her older brother, was out tending the crops through this 'interlude' is a scandalous one and remains totally at the descretion of Mr. C .....

Hail.

Memories are fuzzy on that kind of detail .....

I recall the song of the Ipswich fans at a Norwich derby game though (to the tune of the Adams Family)

Your father is your brother,

Your sister is your mother,

You all ...... one another,

The Norwich family ....

Edited by MartinC

Memories are fuzzy on that kind of detail .....

I recall the song of the Ipswich fans at a Norwich derby game though (to the tune of the Adams Family)

The father is your brother,

Your sister is your mother,

You all ...... one another,

The Norwich family ....

That used to be one of our songs to Neville.

Which was quite polite compared to what Beckham used to get over his wife ha ha.

And people get upset over here when fans chant 'you suck'. You Brits are brutal. :P

Man could I enlighten you my 'innocent' friend.

Problem is I'd get banned if I did lol.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

We normally see two or three of these a game.

I've hashtaged it if you'd like to join me on twitter with it.

#OhHendo

God forbid the game comes down to this boy's ability to kick the ball from the sand and hit the ocean. That said, his hustle and two way play is second to very few..... .

Thought for the day:

Now the young man from Missouri has taken the plunge, I wonder if it will inspire Jordan to finally come out ?

Hail.

Thought for the day:

Now the young man from Missouri has taken the plunge, I wonder if it will inspire Jordan to finally come out ?

Hail.

Whatever makes Jordan more comfortable I fully support it.

In other news, what's up with the match possibly being postponed on Wednesday?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155060-fulham-v-liverpool-important-update

In other news, what's up with the match possibly being postponed on Wednesday?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/155060-fulham-v-liverpool-important-update

Yeah, won't stop the game going ahead but the Underground strike is making life real hard for anyone going down by train. It basically means catching busses from Euston across London, which is a pain in the ass at the best of times, And your stuck with the half 11 all night sleeper which doesn't get back to Liverpool until half 7 the following morning. 

But since when have the authorities had ANY consideration for the traveling supporter? (8:00 PM Wednesday night in West London being this latest glaring example.). 

Hail. 

Just finished watching the US Women's Hockey team absolutely destroy the Swiss... and low and behold, what's on afterwards but an encore of the flogging of Ar5enal :lol:

Didn't notice this past weekend that the commentators pregame were going on and on about how "this is one of Ar5enal's favorite grounds" and this was "going to be a telling day for Ar5enal".

Another one for GHH. It's only funny if you are on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=790833694264102

That is hilarious.  I took a picture of the final statline from their match vs Fulham and sent it to my brother.  He was at work.  He very much appreciated that, lol.

Man could I enlighten you my 'innocent' friend.

Problem is I'd get banned if I did lol.

Hail.

This is one area where I don't think I'll ever get a connection with Rovers unless I get a chance to go to Ewood Park someday (Lord willing).  Looking stuff up online and watching matches isn't the same in deciphering what is sung or chanted. 

No Winter Olympic thread so I thought I'd put this here :

Breaking News........

Team GB Olympic officials have approached David Moyes to mange the British Bobsleigh team. They are said to be extremely impressed at how quickly he can make a team go downhill!.

Hail.

*Edit* We'll Hell. there IS an Olympic thread. Must of missed it .....

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Did Ivanovic just get yellow for arguing with Cech? :lol:

Anywho... Base is closed tomorrow and DC9 will be watching the Underground Olympiad.  So based off what happened last time I was let out of work, take LFC and the points.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

**** you Chelsea!

• Like 1

So nice to see Chelski throw away 2 points tonight.

Well deserved by West Brom.

Also got a big LOL @ the special one complaining that they didn't sign Cavanni or Falcao in summer due to FFP.  They are the poster boys for the need for FFP.  Also, he seems to ignore the multitude of signings they did bring in, both over Summer and in January.  He just can't face that those strikers went to better clubs for them, with better chances of trophies and playing styles.

Also got a big LOL @ the special one complaining that they didn't sign Cavanni or Falcao in summer due to FFP.  They are the poster boys for the need for FFP.  Also, he seems to ignore the multitude of signings they did bring in, both over Summer and in January.  He just can't face that those strikers went to better clubs for them, with better chances of trophies and playing styles.

That dude they have parked outside of Melwood with a lap top is a pain in my ass.

He's welcome for Salah and Willian.

I guess he's trying to get us back for Torres? :lol:

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

He should get friendly with the Tottenham dude.

They could share gas prices and split time.

Hail.

Oh when Ian went out to sign the last cat on the eve of the deadline... i get home from work and my brother texts me "Spurs just offered 5 mil more for him".

All I could say back was "Of course they did".

It's all good, though.  We make CL this year and the money will be back.  Hopefully Ayre is working on his closing ability.

• Like 1

I love how he uses the sale of Mata to justify his spending. They sell one guy and balance one window and now he wants to be the posterboy for financial fair play. I'm embarrassed for him...

Agger is healthy, it's fine.  I'm done with Tourre though.

Down 2-1 on the road and to come back?  I don't care if it's Fulham, that's what top 4 sides do.

I know feel we've become a top 4 side.  Ugly as it was.

Anytime a team invites us forward like that and doesn't mind challenging the box they keep it close.  That was the Newcastle playbook.  3 points was huge today.  And 3 points without our best effort after a big win I'll take every time.

Oh ****ing Jesus a bunch of clowns back there.

First Toure, now Skrtel.

I will be happy when Toure finally finds himself on the bench. I know people are high on Skrtel this year, but I would prefer an Agger/Sakho partnership (I don't care if they are both left footed). I am guessing Agger will find himself back in the starting XI real soon.