Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Meh, I'd be disappointed if we didn't go to Salford and 'mess the place up' Richmond. 

Just saying.  ;)

Hail. 

lol fine then.  I just take issue with those that go against where their from.  See there's a song call "on the Wing"  Which includes a chant of "**** on, **** on, **** on those ****s".  Now part of the song is "I'd fly over *insert city* and **** on those ****s"  I take issue with a bunch of Richmonders(especially from Richmond) chanting that about their own city.  It would like DC fans chatting to **** on Washington. Guess what that place you are chanting against is where you go home tonight and where you'll be working the next day.

I was hoping that was pure media speculation but now it's official I beg to disagree on it being not a bad move man. 

32 year old druggie with constant weight issues who's hardly played over the last 24 months. And one who'll be on a VERY hefty contract. First panic buy of the Rodgers era. Made even more bizarre as it goes against the profile of youth FSG have set about building. I think that is the final nail in Skrtels coffin now too. 

Bad start to the summer. 

Hail. 

I think he can still be good for spot duty to give the eventual regular center back a rest against a weaker opponent. But, yeah, if he IS the regular guy that's not good at all. But look at Ledley King, spurs drug him out on those bad knees for years. But yeah, Spurs suck. 

Sturridge potentially done his cruciate. I HATE England! All in a pointless International when players should be on vacation right now. 

Football grounds quiz from the air for your entertainment. It was an easy 10/10 for me as I've been to them all multiple times bar Hampden and the Maracana. Guessing it will be quite a bit more tricky for you guys, lol. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/quiz/2013/may/29/football-quiz-name-stadiums-aerial-view

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Sturridge potentially done his cruciate. I HATE England! All in a pointless International when players should be on vacation right now. 

Football grounds quiz from the air for your entertainment. It was an easy 10/10 for me as I've been to them all multiple times bar Hampden and the Maracana. Guessing it will be quite a bit more tricky for you guys, lol. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/quiz/2013/may/29/football-quiz-name-stadiums-aerial-view

Hail. 

Do you think Suarez is going to Madrid? Or is Madrid using Suarez to leverage Ronaldo? If the Reds lose both Suarez and Sturridge, it could be big, big trouble

Do you think Suarez is going to Madrid? Or is Madrid using Suarez to leverage Ronaldo? If the Reds lose both Suarez and Sturridge, it could be big, big trouble

Rumored for weeks Suarez is gone mate. But Atletico not Real to replace Falcao. 

Seriously pissed off. No Suarez. No Europe for second season running. No job for Rodgers at the end of this year. Quote me on that. Here we go again with American owners. 

He's a dick. But he's also the best forward in this league and a World class talent. 

Hail. 

very close. 4-2.  Basically all the goals were self infected wounds though.  Just simply not defending well or doing dumb mistakes.

That's what worries me though. Pro soccer is about not hurting yourself. Very few teams can actually go out and inflict dictate the game to the other team, so it's so important not to beat yourself. I think it's reasonable to expect that we, at this stage, don't have games like this.

I think, no matter the caliber of opponent, the other team should have to earn a tough 1-0 win against us. 

That's what worries me though. Pro soccer is about not hurting yourself. Very few teams can actually go out and inflict dictate the game to the other team, so it's so important not to beat yourself. I think it's reasonable to expect that we, at this stage, don't have games like this.

I think, no matter the caliber of opponent, the other team should have to earn a tough 1-0 win against us. 

Without question. I'm always reticent to get involved with a discussion on the US National team as you guys are far more involved than I ever could wish to be, but I've argued many times on these here pages that you shouldn't just be scraping by in that region but dominating it given the continued development of the MLS and the amount of American's abroad in major leagues. And I also remember being scorned by a few for making the point on the German's appointment that great players don't always make great coaches, and the 2006 World Cup run was masterminded by the current German coach Low. Jurgen was just the inspirational figurehead. All the prep and tactical work was mainly done by Low. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Without question. I'm always reticent to get involved with a discussion on the US National team as you guys are far more involved than I ever could wish to be, but I've argued many times on these here pages that you shouldn't just be scraping by in that region but dominating it given the continued development of the MLS and the amount of American's abroad in major leagues. And I also remember being scorned by a few for making the point on the German's appointment that great players don't always make great coaches, and the 2006 World Cup run was masterminded by the current German coach Low. Jurgen was just the inspirational figurehead. All the prep and tactical work was mainly done by Low. 

Hail. 

trust me I know.  There's a entire US board that talks about Jurgen's qualifications.  We all know Low was the main guy.  We have to remember the MLS has improved the region as a whole.  Qualifying in Europe is different from here.  Atleast in UEFA qualifying you know you will be playing save conditions.  Here we play in countries of mass political crisis and home to most dangerous cities in the world.  Also our team doesn't play a specific style. That's the biggest issue.  Germant, England, Spain,etc play a specific style. We don't.  First we tried tiki taka, then slower version of it, and now this half butt german style.  The biggest issue with US soccer is the president Sunil.  He needs to go.  He's a great person but not for the US soccer federation. He's a guy you'd have a beer with but wouldn't want running your national team.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

Well we had a style that worked for us under Bradley, but so many people wanted to nit pick player selections like putting in one "C" caliber player in for another "C" caliber player would win us the World Cup.

Now we're in a transitional period trying to find ourselves in the midst of qualifying. Style, schmyle. The style is dictated by the qualities of your personnel. 

Germany isn't good because they play this "German" style. They're good because they have players like Neuer, Ozil, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Reus, Gotze, Gomez, Muller, Boateng, Hummels. Style and tactics is "value added". With the US, we're putting butter cream frosting on a brick and telling people it's a cake. Arguably, those guys and those Spaniards are the best in the world. UNTIL we have a group of guys who can start ahead of those guys then we won't win a World Cup. 

I will not over-react to the friendly loss to Belgium or the friendly victory in Italy. (I will also not over-react to the Germany game). I do not  have a problem with Klinsmann. He did take a depleted team into the Azteca and come out with a point. To be fair, JK has not had the luxury of a full squad thus far. I do like (as with all new coaches) that he wants players to earn their spot. I like the way he is handling Donovon. I think he is doing a better job than Bradley (I think Bradley wasted the USMNT's best generation). I think that this team will be much better towards the World Cup and has the potential to be good.

I will not over-react to the friendly loss to Belgium or the friendly victory in Italy. (I will also not over-react to the Germany game). I do not  have a problem with Klinsmann. He did take a depleted team into the Azteca and come out with a point. To be fair, JK has not had the luxury of a full squad thus far. I do like (as with all new coaches) that he wants players to earn their spot. I like the way he is handling Donovon. I think he is doing a better job than Bradley (I think Bradley wasted the USMNT's best generation). I think that this team will be much better towards the World Cup and has the potential to be good.

Jurgen could be decent coach for US if he had one key thing.  A true tactics guy.  Bringing a guy who failed with him at Bayern was a bad idea.  One thing Bradley didn't fail at was tactics.  If you had Bradley's tactics and Jurgen coaching you would have a quite good coach.  Bradley's biggest fail was not thinking about our aging roster and how to get the US team younger.  I'm not sure Bradley had the best generation but I guess that's up for debate.

Suarez gone. Confirmed by the player himself. 

Thank you the (not so) 'Great' British public and racist, xenophobic National media. (And that's not said lighthearted or jokingly after the disgraceful, concerted witch-hunt against the player.).

You've got what you wanted and driven a World class talent out of England and the Premiership. 

If Falcao is going for £ 54 million, then Boston better hold out for at least £ 50 million. They hold ALL the cards with him just recently signed a new contract. Time to show you've got the big ones FSG!

Hail. 

Thanks man. Same to you guys as returning to real prominence. 

Said it many times on here I have the utmost respect for Arsenal Football Club. Classy organisation all round. Highbury always was one of my favourite away grounds too. So much style and tradition in that stadium. 

Hail. 

Have you been to a Redskins game, GHH? I hope to one day make it to London and actually go to a match. Strangely enough, one of my boyhood goals was to see Manchester United play Liverpool. 

I hate the footballers go about things now. I don't know if it's always been the case. But you have guys like Gotze committing to a club in principal even before the transfer window is open. Players forcing their way out of clubs. At least in the NFL contracts mean something (to an extent). In Europe, clubs don't actually have any real rights to a player... it's like they are "renting" players.