Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wenger needs to realize we cant play that pass-pass game anymore. We never really could before, but we had Cesc to make up for it. We dont anymore.

Just let them play a quick tempo Anglo-Saxon game, thats what this team is good at. Its too easy for teams to mark out Arteta and Cazorla now and they are friggin tired because Wenger depended on Diaby and Rosicky.

At least Giroud is scoring now, so I am pleased about that.

NLD next week, and Spurs had a crushing loss today which I am pleased about. I hope they come into the Emirates next week with their heads down.

Sergio Aguero is a magical player, shame Mancini is an utter clown of a manager.

Are you ****ing kidding me??? How was that not called??

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 05:38 PM ----------

**** that sucks. 1-1 now

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

Wow unbelievable 2-1 houston

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Sigh......

Edited by Skinz4Life12

aaaaand dc united playing like your normal dc sports team.... sigh

Uh did you watch the game? Dc played a pretty solid game considering the circumstances. Take all the injuries and the mass amounts of mised calls and I'm surprised we didn't allow 1-2 more

. We need to regroup ourselves and hope we can get healthy by next week

Uh did you watch the game? Dc played a pretty solid game considering the circumstances. Take all the injuries and the mass amounts of mised calls and I'm surprised we didn't allow 1-2 more

. We need to regroup ourselves and hope we can get healthy by next week

uhh yes i did watch the game, we should have been a man up the entire second half, but we werent, we didnt take advantage of any second half chances, we let in a very soft second goal.... how is it not a normal dc sports moment? because we played hard? please, the caps played their asses off got beat, nationals same thing, skins past 2 times in the playoffs same....

So we need to win by 4 to advance, or by 3 to force extra?

We need to win by two to force OT. 3 goal advantage will advance us

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 06:58 PM ----------

uhh yes i did watch the game, we should have been a man up the entire second half, but we werent, we didnt take advantage of any second half chances, we let in a very soft second goal.... how is it not a normal dc sports moment? because we played hard? please, the caps played their asses off got beat, nationals same thing, skins past 2 times in the playoffs same....

Yea we got ****ed by that no call. We would have left no worse than 1-1 if he makes that call. The third goal was just a blown clearance by a guy making his mls debut.

At least united has reached the conference finals. Something none of the other DC sports teams have done in a long long time

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Crazy circumstances. It's been that type of playoffs for DC. The non-call in the first half was the turning point. I believe if the red card is given there is no way in hell DC loses or ties.

Talk me back from the ledge. If we get Pontius, B Mac, and Saragosa back do you think we have a chance? You know Benny will have our guys fired up and we have been playing well at home so that gives me hope

...against one of the toughest teams to play on the road in the league. If you want to talk about normal dc moments, maybe it's your typical DC overreaction. While we certainly have an uphill climb, this is in no way over. Lets hope we can get some of our injured back, including the reigning league MVP. We will have a huge, raucous crowd next week, and hopefully our boys will come out to play.

Talk me back from the ledge. If we get Pontius, B Mac, and Saragosa back do you think we have a chance? You know Benny will have our guys fired up and we have been playing well at home so that gives me hope

DC have won by 2+ goals 5 times at home. 3 times by 3+. Houston have lost by 2+ on the road 7 times. They are terrible on the road. If Sporting had better finishing last round, Houston wouldn't even be here. It's difficult but it's more than doable. I hope you're saving your voice for Sunday.

its amazing how much difference one goal makes to my emotions. Losing 2-1 would be about what I expected. I would feel much more optimistic about our chances. Giving up that third goal and losing 3-1 really hurt..

I definitely have faith in our boys though. All I know, is if they come back and advance it will be one for the history book. Prepare yourselves for Sunday...

Edited by Skinz4Life12

...against one of the toughest teams to play on the road in the league. If you want to talk about normal dc moments, maybe it's your typical DC overreaction. While we certainly have an uphill climb, this is in no way over. Lets hope we can get some of our injured back, including the reigning league MVP. We will have a huge, raucous crowd next week, and hopefully our boys will come out to play.

my typical dc overreation?? right. exactly how is it an overreation? because i pointed how they didnt show up for a big game? who cares where and who its against, they wqere the #2 seed and just went to new york and, against the league and nyrb, they hit them right in the mouth and came away, all the momentum in the world, and then layed an egg the second half of the game... dont tell me im overreacting, im about as level headed as it comes, just check my post history, especiallyin the leonard hankerson subject.. overractiong would be to cut him, im saying have patience with him... but back on subject, they very well could buck the trend and show up and drop 3 or 4 against houston, but im not holding my breath or getting my hopes up

my typical dc overreation?? right. exactly how is it an overreation? because i pointed how they didnt show up for a big game? who cares where and who its against, they wqere the #2 seed and just went to new york and, against the league and nyrb, they hit them right in the mouth and came away, all the momentum in the world, and then layed an egg the second half of the game... dont tell me im overreacting, im about as level headed as it comes, just check my post history, especiallyin the leonard hankerson subject.. overractiong would be to cut him, im saying have patience with him... but back on subject, they very well could buck the trend and show up and drop 3 or 4 against houston, but im not holding my breath or getting my hopes up

When I said your typical DC overreaction, I wasn't speaking about you personally. I meant this cities reaction to any loss in general.

And who says they didn't show up today. It's not like Houston came out and dominated the pace and possession the whole game. We showed at times that we could be the better team. Unfortunately, though, a couple of breaks didn't go our way. The score doesn't reflect the true tone of this game.

Like I said before, it is an uphill climb, but it wouldn't be unheard of to at least push this into at least OT. As BSF stated before, we are a very good team at home ( I believe we have a pretty hefty unbeaten streak at home?) and Houston is a MUCH different team on the road. RFK will be rocking on sunday, and I have to imagine our boys won't go down without a fight.

When I said your typical DC overreaction, I wasn't speaking about you personally. I meant this cities reaction to any loss in general.

And who says they didn't show up today. It's not like Houston came out and dominated the pace and possession the whole game. We showed at times that we could be the better team. Unfortunately, though, a couple of breaks didn't go our way. The score doesn't reflect the true tone of this game.

Like I said before, it is an uphill climb, but it wouldn't be unheard of to at least push this into at least OT. As BSF stated before, we are a very good team at home ( I believe we have a pretty hefty unbeaten streak at home?) and Houston is a MUCH different team on the road. RFK will be rocking on sunday, and I have to imagine our boys won't go down without a fight.

we haven't lost there since our home opener back in March. Unfortunately we will need more than just a win to escape. We need to come out and set the tone early and win big. Like 4-1 the way we manhandled NY at home early in the season.

DeRo appearance maybe?

Edited by Skinz4Life12

I was beginning to really think this was our year to get back our championship. I know they can score 3(or score 2 and win on PKs) but I sadly think we win 1-0 on at RFK. I hope I'm wrong. Sigh I would have taken a tie or 1 goal loss honestly.

Me too man. My threshold was a one goal loss and I still had high hopes. I think we go up two goals at home and maybe give one back resulting in a 2-1 win. that would be crushing

Edited by Skinz4Life12