Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Really nice work from Karius the first half.  Need to see how he does with the sun in that beautiful face, though.  Arnoutavic is so underrated and Moyes is actually using he and Lanzini correctly.  Lots of work to do this afternoon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Which side is Emre Can playing for? .....

Holy crap! LOL. The lad at the side of me said these exact words first half. Myself, meanwhile, replied with something I can't repeat on a family board. Shrugs. 

Can scored. Had a super assist for Firmino's goal. (Who scored again whilst looking the other way from the goal. For the third time. I can't decide whether he's arrogant or just beyond brilliant?). And yet still managed to look the worst of the midfield three by some distance. Which is quite the impressive achievement and shows how stats can be completely misleading. Honestly not gonna' miss him at all personally. He'll probably look sound in a lot slower, more tactical league but he's nowhere near quick enough, in speed of thought or consistent technical ability, for the PL if you have serious ambition to challenge. 

Super display from everyone today bar Matip continuing to panic the living P out of you. Mad how he's suddenly rotating van Dijk's partner like he done the 'keepers. Some things just leave you scratching your head asking 'why?' with the mad German btard. But then everything else makes you quickly forget that and thank the Lord he's ours. Could well have had double figures there with the woodwork struck twice and some great saves from Adrian. Milner MOTM for me. He was everywhere. Run a close second by both FB's ..... What a buy Andy Robertson has turned out to be BTW. For what is effectively a free transfer with the sale of Kev Stewart to Hull off-setting what we paid, he's playing at a super high level. And what Trent's doing the other side at 18 along with Joe ..... England can be thankful the backend is looking stacked. Wijnaldum-
esq first half from Alex. Absolutely superb the second. The highest scoring, and well arguably best, front three in Europe doing what they do. (You'd rather be a part of the Barcelona mess than a part of that Phil? SERIOUSLY?). And Lori Karius continuing his very good, building recent form with another commanding display. The save as dilakh noted from Arnautovic's chip was superb. 

With the added bonus of now having a better GD than Utd forcing them to have to win to go back clear second tomorrow. 

Up the 100 Goals before the end of February Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 2

Really well-researched piece. 

Ultimate difference maker. 

Bobby

@BobbyGardiner

For the @ringer, I wrote about how de Gea has allowed United to concede the least goals in the league with a bad defence. Data from @StrataBet

David de Gea Is Single-Handedly Saving Manchester United’s Seasontheringer.com

11:02 am · 23 Feb 2018

Hail 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Forgot that lying btard. Just ****ing deserts. ****house. 

Which also reminds me: 'David Moyes is a Football GENIUS!' 

Feel better now ta. 

Hail. 

We should never forget "The Chosen One," banner. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Really well-researched piece. 

Ultimate difference maker. 

Bobby

@BobbyGardiner

For the @ringer, I wrote about how de Gea has allowed United to concede the least goals in the league with a bad defence. Data from @StrataBet

David de Gea Is Single-Handedly Saving Manchester United’s Seasontheringer.com

11:02 am · 23 Feb 2018

Hail 

We talked about this during the van Gaal season he single-handedly kept them up.

47 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Come on Palace.  Get into these.

Be happy with a draw here. Palace quite lucky couple times there, and Townsend has been **** so far.

Spurs climbing quickly up my most detested list. They're talented, and can play some inspired soccer at times, but have so many little **** players (Dembele, Dele, Lamella), and Ponch has as much as admitted that he teaches the "dark arts" to his side. Akin to the heel pro wrestler.

Later match will be like watching Cowboys v Eagles. Will be rooting for nothing...except maybe a nick or two. Kante and/or DeGea out for 4-6 weeks wouldn't hurt my feelings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Come on Palace.  Get into these.

Not a common theme but I was made up when Tottenham scored the winner. (Bar Kane going back above Mo.).

We have all the momentum. Fully confident we’ll take care of our business and finish 2nd. This is a ****ing good team we have and we’re flying. Believe in the mad German btard!

Utd finishing outside the top 4 on the other hand would be catastrophic for them so the tighter the pressure gets the better.

Hail. 

• Like 3