Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

19 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

A’s if you needed any more reason to hate Tottenham: 

Mauricio Pochettino fears English football's moral fixation with diving is 'killing the game'

The manager is an old school Argentinian who openly condones and encourages cheating. No wonder he’s against VAR. It’d **** up a large part of his game plan!

Hail.

Lamela is a world class diver.  He's been winning pens for Spurs for years.

And their team is a bunch of goons when they aren't getting it.

I'm convinced they'll (FA) do anything to keep Kane at Spurs. 

I also think they don't want to be left out of the conversation.  It's brilliant really.  They will have a chance to do Chelsea for 5th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

On diving...

selon-ronaldinho-lionel-messi-est-plus-f

18-year old Messi: Boss, how do I become the GOAT?

Ronaldinho: 1. Don't go to Real Madrid. 2. Don't dive.

And then Messi became the GOAT.

PS: that type of thinking is why you choked against chelsea, mauricio

Barca is your shining example of fair play? Nearly spit out my coffee. 

Super 49 minute pod from Graham Hunter talking to Andy Robertson: 

https://www.acast.com/thebiginterviewwithgrahamhunter/andyrobertson-whenthekopsingsyourname?autoplay

Done just after the City game last month so there's some great chat on the gameplan from that one in there along with just what it's like to work under Jürgen and anecdotes from his career in general from a top footballer's mindset. Robo comes across superbly too. Dead articulate, intelligent, and funny young man. (Honestly the first time I've ever really heard him speak at length.). 

Mad to think that many questioned the signing along the lines of 'Andy who?/
A F cheap buy from Hull F City? FSG OUT!!!!! etc.' Man has he thrown those words back proving again you don't have to spend the biggest amounts on the biggest names to get a quality player who completely fits what you do. 

Hail. 

Pulisic. Good luck with that one Bayern.

Be real surprised personally if he’s not at Anfield before the WC even starts the summer. ‘Educated’ guess on 2 years groundwork from L’pool on the lad and his family. I have a hunch they quietly feel he’s there’s off that and little tidbits what you hear. 

Of course if he goes Utd like I was never here. :ph34r:

Hail.

• Like 1

Absolute disgrace that Kane was even on the field to bag the winner this dinner-time. 

Instead of giving him a 2 game ban for deception, like they did Niase and why they brought the rule in, to stop overt cheating, the FA as per completely bottle it on 'England's golden boy.' Just like they did when Shearer held the same mantle and kicked Neil Lennon the head. 

Instead, the gutless Football Association have punished other 5 clubs (Does City really count right now?) bu letting him bag another vital 3 points for Tottenham. 

Yeah, still fuming about last week and the continued fallout from it.

Hail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

How super poor is this league outside of the top 6 clubs? 

Utter S like Burnley 
have now not won in 10 games, since back on December 12. (DLDDLLLDDL). Yet they STILL sit 7th. 

Take out the top 6 and you've a product as bad as many smaller European leagues. The only thing that you can say about it that keeps it the most interesting league in the World is that nobody ever gives up and gives a big side an easy game. But as far as quality goes .....

Hail. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How super poor is this league outside of the top 6 clubs? 

Utter S like Burnley 
have now not won in 10 games, since back on December 12. (DLDDLLLDDL). Yet they STILL sit 7th. 

Take out the top 6 and you've a product as bad as many smaller European leagues. The only thing that you can say about it that keeps it the most interesting league in the World is that nobody ever gives up and gives a big side an easy game. But as far as quality goes .....

Hail. 

You're probably right but they basically do what they want over there. After they signed Lewandoski on a free transfer (the equivalent of Chelsea signing Harry Kane on a free more or less) nothing would surprise me with that "league". Gotze's transfer was sealed during a season in which Dortmund were competing directly against Bayern in the league and making a run to the CL final, and last but not least Hummels' transfer was sealed like it was a top 6 club buying a player from a Championship side. The level of absurdity in those three transfers alone should prepare you for anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of absurd things I've actually decided to watch a Serie A game due to a player being rumored to United but I have to say this Milinkovic Savic has had some very impressive moments. Elegant midfielder with a silky touch, very composed in tight spaces too and has a good sense of what's around him. Not sure he's really a box-to-box type though. To make it even more enjoyable the commentary is in Portuguese (no I don't speak it but it's awesome nontheless)

Edited by Berggy9598

Who's always the victim???

Really pro effort down on the beach today.  Two class goals.  Big Virgil is sorting out the back and holy **** Karius... two really good games in a row for the big dreamy guy.

Sadio needs to calm down.  Saw Jurgy give him the extra long hug after the whistle.  Hang in there ya' pimp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Diabolical final third play by United today. Not just poor finishing but poor final balls that should have easily lead to more poor finishing. I'm not ready to call for the manager's head but the players are just nervous in the final four. A confident attacking team plays instinctively in the final third but when a team lacks confidence despite having that much talent you have to start asking questions of the manager and the atmosphere in the dressing room. 

Well that was fairly comfortable. Scored a couple of belters first half. Second killed it after Southampton had looked pretty good coming back into it. Helped again by ourselves as we done another 'Spurs and madly sat back protecting it inviting them on which showcased Karius newfound confidence. The good-looking btard had his second boss game in a row. Didn't think I'd be typing this year but he's finally looking like the fella' we thought we'd bought. Mad how yer goalie refinds his confidence when he's not **** scared of being binned for every little mistake huh? Note to r Jürgey: Don't you DARE F bring that Belgium prick back in Wednesday! 

van Dijk handled everything with consummate ease. (He's a C***! 
yanno? Like his mate Degsy. Seems to be the universal insult of choice from those 'nice' Torry Brexiteers down the South Coast.). One super run second half that had it ended up a goal would have been the icing on the cake. Talking Lovren, perfect injury time sub to come on and relish the hate of those still left the ground their side. Numero uno C***! Not sure if even big Virge has replaced him as public enemy #1 down there which is quite amusing. 

Second half was a comfortable see it managed really well with a slew of chances to extend it. Sadio is just trying too hard the end product at the minute. Overall play was good but it's just not quite there. But as he has through this up and down spell, 
hes not hiding, getting in positions, and being a major menace to be accounted for. Mo was Mo. Bobby was Bobby. Can was Can. Matip was Matip. First two superb as per. Second two the worst players in Red. As so often. 

Composed, unspectacular, hard graft professional outing. 

The only frustrating thing is that the table should be reflecting what we are. The second best footballing side in the Country was it not for the incompetence of Moss and the deceptive cheats from North London. 

Goosed. Remind me again why I thought it would be a good idea to drive Southampton and back one day. Then return the next almost a far to frigging Stansted for an overnight before an early flight Tuesday morning Porto? Things yers do for the Redmen. 

Up the Lovren C***ish Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that was fairly comfortable. Scored a couple of belters first half. Second killed it after Southampton had looked pretty good coming back into it. Helped again by ourselves as we done another 'Spurs and madly sat back protecting it inviting them on which showcased Karius newfound confidence. The good-looking btard had his second boss game in a row. Didn't think I'd be typing this year but he's finally looking like the fella' we thought we'd bought. Mad how yer goalie refinds his confidence when he's not **** scared of being binned for every little mistake huh? Note to r Jürgey: Don't you DARE F bring that Belgium prick back in Wednesday! 

van Dijk handled everything with consummate ease. (He's a C***! 
yanno? Like his mate Degsy. Seems to be the universal insult of choice from those 'nice' Torry Brexiteers down the South Coast.). One super run second half that had it ended up a goal would have been the icing on the cake. Talking Lovren, perfect injury time sub to come on and relish the hate of those still left the ground their side. Numero uno C***! Not sure if even big Virge has replaced him as public enemy #1 down there which is quite amusing. 

Second half was a comfortable see it managed really well with a slew of chances to extend it. Sadio is just trying too hard the end product at the minute. Overall play was good but it's just not quite there. But as he has through this up and down spell, 
hes not hiding, getting in positions, and being a major menace to be accounted for. Mo was Mo. Bobby was Bobby. Can was Can. Matip was Matip. First two superb as per. Second two the worst players in Red. As so often. 

Composed, unspectacular, hard graft professional outing. 

The only frustrating thing is that the table should be reflecting what we are. The second best footballing side in the Country was it not for the incompetence of Moss and the deceptive cheats from North London. 

Goosed. Remind me again why I thought it would be a good idea to drive Southampton and back one day. Then return the next almost a far to frigging Stansted for an overnight before an early flight Tuesday morning Porto? Things yers do for the Redmen. 

Up the Lovren C***ish Reds!

Hail. 

You Brits and what you call a "long drive". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

You Brits and what you call a "long drive". 

:806:

Well yer know. You might be able to fit this pissant Country into Texas, but a 475 mile or so roundtrip followed by another give or take 220 constitutes a long ass couple of days driving in my parlance. 

And I'm getting old. Not as spritely as when I was a wide-eyed 30-something back in the heady days of '58 ..... :taz:

Hail. 

• Haha 2