Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I was curious to see where he took us as a "neutral" who doesn't even like Spurs.  Really defended the rabbit hole with all his worth.

Since the neutrals are agreeing with me maybe ye should take a look at yourselves ;)

I dunno what part of me saying Liverpool were unlucky to concede all the decision they did feeds to my apparent agenda but anyway....you guys always read what you want to read I suppose.

Anyway I waste far too much energy defending myself from insults on here. I'll leave ye at it for the time being and enjoy my Sunday night!

Maybe Morrison can have Moss over during his suspension

EDIT:  Maybe he'll get lucky and the FA will send him down to the Championship and he can ref some Leeds games.  Hopefully in a match that decides a playoff position.  Maybe against Millwall.  And give two weak pens the last 10 minutes.  Not one, but two.  One in stoppage after a worldie was scored.

That would be delicious.  **** stick.

Edited by DC9
  • Thanks 1

Is rite big Virge lad. Should all be done retrospectively: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/02/virgil-van-dijk-accuses-harry-kane-diving-criticises-erik-lamela-penalty-call/

And if that prick Moss doesn't get punished either then I totally give up. L'pool need to make a stand against this and make sure he doesn't get one of our games again the same way Rodgers did against the other prick who's name escapes me. (Mason?). 

Hail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is rite big Virge lad. Should all be done retrospectively: https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/02/virgil-van-dijk-accuses-harry-kane-diving-criticises-erik-lamela-penalty-call/

And if that prick Moss doesn't get punished either then I totally give up. L'pool need to make a stand against this and make sure he doesn't get one of our games again the same way Rodgers did against the other prick who's name escapes me. (Mason?). 

Hail. 

Lee Mason the fat ****!

Can't even get a game as a 4th anymore!

By the way did you see Delle Alli's hog is all over twitter!!!?!?!

Stealing two points from Liverpool today is going to cost Moss probably his career, at least a long vacation, and Delle is going to get some time off.  Maybe Morrison can host both of them.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Lee Mason the fat ****!

Can't even get a game as a 4th anymore!

By the way did you see Delle Alli's hog is all over twitter!!!?!?!

Stealing two points from Liverpool today is going to cost Moss probably his career, at least a long vacation, and Delle is going to get some time off.  Maybe Morrison can host both of them.

Enjoy!

But Leeds 'experts' know all let's not forget. And don't, that's DON'T, have any agenda. No Sir. They're just poor picked on trolls, uhmmmmm, 'genuine, fair-minded posters' who get insulted for no apparent reason. 

Hail. 

• Haha 1

KfTWzNWz_reasonably_small.jpg
Former referee Keith Hackett: “There was generally poor teamwork between Moss and his two assistants, both of whom were frankly poor and below the standard expected at Premier League level.”

Again, we seriously need to make an issue of this prick like we did that F Lee Mason and get him removed from any of our games.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Everton absolutely hate us. I don't think I need to tell anyone that. And they delight in skitting you with just about anything they can with L'pool. But there's not one in here this morning who doesn't think either penalty decision (Or Dele's dive that was caught as part of Tottenham's gameplan) was a complete joke and nowhere near penalty's with L'pool robbed blind. Which say's everything. 

When Evertonians are standing up for Liverpool but the F authorities will doubtless do absolutely 
nottin' (in either reprimanding the officials. Or retrospectively banning Tottenham players for deception) then something is WHOLLY wrong.

And can we dispense with any lording in future of what a 'great, entertaining' side Tottenham are. They were like an old-school, snide Italian outfit yesterday. Shameful. 

Hail. 

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But Leeds 'experts' know all let's not forget. And don't, that's DON'T, have any agenda. No Sir. They're just poor picked on trolls, uhmmmmm, 'genuine, fair-minded posters' who get insulted for no apparent reason. 

Hail. 

Dunno what world you're living in but getting called a **** is generally said to be an insult. Note how the petty insults only come from one side of the argument too (not mine). 

As always you're both overreacting and getting annoyed over very little. I said Liverpool were unfortunate to have all the decisions go against them but apparently that somehow feeds to my "agenda". I give up :ols:

Mad thing about the internet. You're posting history is there for all to see. EVERYONE in this thread knows you're no better than what you're currently ****ing about. Along with your long-standing agenda that only has you popping up to troll 90% of the time.

So please, take the B/S to someone that will actually indulge you and pander to it. 

Hail. 

Penalty 1. 

Moss: Asks "Martin" if he saw Lovren touch the ball on TV/Video. He pauses for a second, listening in ear piece. Then says "I'm giving the penalty". All Martin (Atkinson?) had to say was yes or no, doesn't seem like Moss acted unilaterally (I feel like giving a penalty here for no reason). 

Big thing is I didn't know EPL league matches had sanctioned VAR. Or is this some informal VAR?

j8MBaI2.png

Edited by Elessar78
  • Like 1

I've never known such a hostile thread where people takes themselves so seriously :ols:

I've said absolutely nothing outrageous here. If I have please point out what it is. 

You're Liverpool fans so obviously you have an agenda. Maybe take a deep breath, read over my posts again and realise what I'm saying is actually completely fair. If it wasn't then I wouldn't have every pundit under the sun agreeing with me I reckon.

Edited by Morrison J

9 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Penalty 1. 

Moss: Asks "Martin" if he saw Lovren touch the ball on TV/Video. He pauses for a second, listening in ear piece. Then says "I'm giving the penalty". All Martin (Atkinson?) had to say was yes or no, doesn't seem like Moss acted unilaterally (I feel like giving a penalty here for no reason).

This kind of rational thinking isn't allowed on here I'm afraid. The pitchforks will be out for you soon too.

At the end of the day, Lovren played the ball so the correct decision was 100% made there. Kane couldn't have been offside by the rules of the game. I do think the actual penalty decision (Karius' foul) was dubious enough. Kane was definitely looking for the contact. Not a straightforward call by any means though.

7 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

At the end of the day, Lovren played the ball so the correct decision was 100% made there. Kane couldn't have been offside by the rules of the game. I do think the actual penalty decision (Karius' foul) was dubious enough. Kane was definitely looking for the contact. Not a straightforward call by any means though.

Ex-refs are divided on whether the touch meant anything. 

To ME: the touch itself didn't. It was whether he made a deliberate action. Lovren attempting to kick at the ball, to ME, is a deliberate act. 

Clattenburg says that that's not enough. I can abide by that because he (was) at that pay grade. 

It's interesting because young ARs don't make calls like that normally. These are "career" calls—could lose his prem. assignments if his reviewers don't agree with the actions. I think we all kinda go mental when ARs act like garden gnomes out there and don't signal for big calls because they don't want to be seen as affecting the outcome of games. 

Edited by Elessar78

17 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Ex-refs are divided on whether the touch meant anything. 

To ME: the touch itself didn't. It was whether he made a deliberate action. Lovren attempting to kick at the ball, to ME, is a deliberate act. 

Clattenburg says that that's not enough. I can abide by that because he (was) at that pay grade. 

It's interesting because young ARs don't make calls like that normally. These are "career" calls—could lose his prem. assignments if his reviewers don't agree with the actions. I think we all kinda go mental when ARs act like garden gnomes out there and don't signal for big calls because they don't want to be seen as affecting the outcome of games. 

IMG_20180205_140038.jpg

That's the rule according to the book so I don't see Clattenburg's argument to be honest. These rules are made in order to give the benefit to the attacking team and that's exactly what happened. "Deliberate" means any attempt to play the ball that results in a touch. 

The mere fact that it causes so much debate means Liverpool were pretty unfortunate to come out the wrong end of it to be fair. I do think the correct decision overall was probably made though.

Yeah I respect the linesman for putting himself out there to be honest too. Most would shirk from the responsibility in that position. 

Edited by Morrison J

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:
KfTWzNWz_reasonably_small.jpg
Former referee Keith Hackett: “There was generally poor teamwork between Moss and his two assistants, both of whom were frankly poor and below the standard expected at Premier League level.”

Again, we seriously need to make an issue of this prick like we did that F Lee Mason and get him removed from any of our games.

Hail. 

The Anfield road lino had a shocker, too.  Son was called off once in the first when he was on and Bobby was called offside once and he was on, same with Sadio and one of them scored.

Crazy...

They're begging for VAR, which is not a good answer either.  That game was just horrendously officiated and we haven't even gotten into Spurs thugging it up.

2 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

IMG_20180205_140038.jpg

That's the rule according to the book so I don't see Clattenburg's argument to be honest. These rules are made in order to give the benefit to the attacking team and that's exactly what happened. "Deliberate" means any attempt to play the ball that results in a touch. 

The mere fact that it causes so much debate means Liverpool were pretty unfortunate to come out the wrong end of it to be fair. I do think the correct decision overall was probably made though.

Yeah I respect the linesman for putting himself out there to be honest too. Most would shirk from the responsibility in that position. 

So if you go to Mo's first goal where Michael "The Spine" Dier plays it back to Lloris, that is deliberatley playing the ball.

Deliberately ATTEMPTING to play the ball isn't in the rule you've provided.

The crew, based on actual footage, video and audio, said they weren't sure twice and gave pens any way... so yeah I guess that's putting it out there.

Can't wait to get your take on Leeds matches affected by this buffoonery

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Hopefully this clears it up: 

Ah, so the actual written rule that you provided that doesn't mention that was interpreted for us.

Got it.

I'd advise you to proceed with caution when presenting your case - I put food on my table by practicing the law.  lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Penalty 1. 

Big thing is I didn't know EPL league matches had sanctioned VAR. Or is this some informal VAR?

All you're doing there is exemplifying what an absolute disgrace Moss is. 

First, there's no TV to consult being as they don't have that option to look at. And then, after consulting the linesmen who answer that he doesn't have a clue if/ when Lovren touched the ball, he instantly decides he's giving a penalty with no definitive reason as to why. 

Tottenham and the officials were equally an absolute, very costly disgrace.

Hail. 

• Like 1

That's it, he specifically said "Martin, did you see anything from the tv" which is NOT allowed.

Why is this so hard for everyone to comprehend???

We're ****ing crazy, though.... irrational... we got ****ed with out jelly and you guys don't want to hear it.

It was a shambles decision and process not once, but twice, and both times a pen was awarded.  You just don't see that.  Ever.  Show me where you've seen that before if we're so wrong.

Edited by DC9
  • Thanks 1