Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anytime a top 6 team wants a player, there will always be stories made up about another top 6 side also having interest to drive up the price. If anyone was going to poach that move it'd probably be Chelsea as they're losing Hazard and also it's kind of a Chelsea thing to do. 

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Anytime a top 6 team wants a player, there will always be stories made up about another top 6 side also having interest to drive up the price. If anyone was going to poach that move it'd probably be Chelsea as they're losing Hazard and also it's kind of a Chelsea thing to do. 

And Utd have Mkhitaryan as trade bait, a player Dortmund want.

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

And Utd have Mkhitaryan as trade bait, a player Dortmund want.

As much fun as it would make this thread for you if Pulisic goes to United I really don't see it happening. I'm still holding out hope that Martial rediscovers his 15/16 form and makes that left inside forward position his own. He's an immensely talented player that as a 19 year old looked unplayable at times in the premier league. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

As much fun as it would make this thread for you if Pulisic goes to United....

I really don't have an interest where he goes. Yours is a poor response to a factual post I made on a possible outcome of that particular speculated transfer.

23 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I really don't have an interest where he goes. Yours is a poor response to a factual post I made on a possible outcome of that particular speculated transfer.

You took that far more seriously then it was intended. No offense meant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

As much fun as it would make this thread for you if Pulisic goes to United I really don't see it happening. .....

FWIW, everything I hear points to L'pool feeling that's as good as boxed off for the summer. Too much groundwork has gone into this over the last few years for Utd or anyone else to sway him if and when he decides to move. Like working on his father who, along with the player, have the utmost respect for Klopp. 

Delany's just grasping like his was van Dijk to City. 

I might be wrong but I think that's our big summer move. 

Hail. 

23 hours ago, DC9 said:

Well the 10 pm news cycle has Naby coming here for in January.

That would be fantastic.

Interesting that's there's now an actual fee range come out huh? Gives a great bargaining point when they finally get around a table again. 

And everything that continues to come out of Germany suggests that he's fixing to go full retard and disrupt the changies/ club to force his move. Also known as Pulling a Phil' in our parlance. 

Be all for that to give him the settling in period to hit the ground running next year on what's fixing to be a genuine assault. 

Fascinating watching the club handle this. Nottin's naturally coming out at all from them so the media are just wildly speculating and the reactionary number of the fanbase are ridiculously losing their **** as per. But I'd be shocked if they aren't working on a few top deals for them behind the scenes. What direction they go in who knows? (Personally really hope there's an attacking player to cover/ rest Bobby. Nottin' like that at present of that quality standard.). But it sure is an exciting January transfer wise for once huh?

Hail. 

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

FWIW, everything I hear points to L'pool feeling that's as good as boxed off for the summer. Too much groundwork has gone into this over the last few years for Utd or anyone else to sway him if and when he decides to move. Like working on his father who, along with the player, have the utmost respect for Klopp. 

Delany's just grasping like his was van Dijk to City. 

I might be wrong but I think that's our big summer move. 

Hail. 

Seems like a natural fit. He's a great player but it'd be a bit of a head scratcher for me if United spent big on a right footed inside forward/attacking mid. I love Martial at that position unless Mourinho is dead set on making him miserable enough to request a transfer and I want to see much more of Pogba in a three man midfield. Pulisic is as about as natural a direct replacement for Coutinho as you will find IMO and he's still a puppy. 

EDIT:

If these Sanchez rumors are true that may be it for Martial. Such a waste of a mercurial talent. 

Edited by Berggy9598

9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Seems like a natural fit. He's a great player but it'd be a bit of a head scratcher for me if United spent big on a right footed inside forward/attacking mid. I love Martial at that position unless Mourinho is dead set on making him miserable enough to request a transfer and I want to see much more of Pogba in a three man midfield. Pulisic is as about as natural a direct replacement for Coutinho as you will find IMO and he's still a puppy. 

Agreed but I don't think they're looking at one 'natural' replacement for Phil per se. More a combination of adding to the different roles he filled. Like say, for argument's sake, Lemar inside and Pulisic added to the attacking three. 

Side note: Always struck me Utd would quite possibly have two great young strikers now if they'd developed both Martial and Rashford in that role instead of sticking them wide seemingly because of their pace. Never understood that. Particularly in Martial's case with his rapid speed and clinical finishing. And even when he's wide, 9 times out of 10 he's charged with tracking back the majority of the game. Easy to see why he's so frustrated being so stifled when there's no need.  And it's just totally F-ed up Rashford who doesn't seem to know what position he's supposed to be playing. So devoid of confidence is he. 

Far be it from me to tell both van Gaal and Mourinho how to run their sides. Just strikes me as 'odd' when the skillset of both is there. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Agreed but I don't think they're looking at one 'natural' replacement for Phil per se. More a combination of adding to the different roles he filled. Like say, for argument's sake, Lemar inside and Pulisic added to the attacking three. 

Side note: Always struck me Utd would have two great young strikers now if they'd developed both Martial and Rashford in that role instead of sticking them wide seemingly because of their pace. Never understood that. Particularly in Martial's case with his rapid speed and clinical finishing. And even when he's wide, 9 times out of 10 he's charged with tracking back the majority of the game. Easy to see why he's so frustrated being so stifled when there's no need.  And it's just totally F-ed up Rashford who doesn't seem to know what position he's supposed to be playing. So devoid of confidence is he. 

Far be it from me to tell both van Gaal and Mourinho how to run their sides. Just strikes me as 'odd' when the skillset of both is there. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Rashford went down the predictable path of so many young English players and read his own press clippings. IMO he was always best in the box and on counters when he could rely on his instincts and not have to think. As much as Van Gaal's football gave me diarrhea he knew exactly how to use Martial and he had dominant spells as a teenager in his first year in the PL.

What would you think about a world class natural number 9 and Firmino at left inside forward? I think his playmaking ability is vastly underrated. I never quite understood the fascination with the false 9 insofar as it is an incredibly hard position to play effectively, which when you think about it makes sense as it is a position essentially invented by Messi. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

I think the more he's played as a true #9 (not sure where this misguided media B/S of him being a 'false' 9 springs from), the more he's looked comfortable in what's expected as a Klopp 9 to the point I think he's the best all-round centre-forward the league. Obviously not up there with an Augero or Kane goals wise, yet (hes steadily adding them at a pretty good pace), but his all-round is second to none as you kind of alluded to. I'd personally rather leave him there per se now he's adding the goals to complete his game and switch him around if the situation dictated. 

But I do think we badly need to add someone to that main front three January. Whether it's a winger to allow either Sadio or Salah to cover inside. Or a quality striker to spell Firmino and cover any injury. Because, God forbid, he get's injured and that's a massive chunk out the side. Solanke's still learning and way too raw to be starting games. Ings has nowhere near regained his match fitness after so long out. and Sturridge is Sturridge. Keep him fit you have that guy. But keeping him healthy is another thing again. 

It's fascinating to see how they'll approach things as the whole club has, naturally, been on lock-down since the initial van Dijk F up the summer so there's next to nothing coming out. Leading to mad speculation outside of the reliable corp who themselves aren't saying much of anything. 

FWIW, and this is part speculation, part pretty good sources I trust, I think you're probably looking at: 

Keita and maybe Lemar this window if they can get a reasonable drop from Monaco. 

With the big summer move being Pulisic and another midfielder for the Can role. (Seems to all intents and purpose Goretzka is going Munich so it looks like they've dipped out there.). 

Along with strengthing in other areas. They still want to add at centre-half and the goalkeeper talk is going off the charts right now. 

Again, take that for what it's worth. Just my views from what you can reasonably gather. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Interesting that's there's now an actual fee range come out huh? Gives a great bargaining point when they finally get around a table again. 

And everything that continues to come out of Germany suggests that he's fixing to go full retard and disrupt the changies/ club to force his move. Also known as Pulling a Phil' in our parlance. 

Be all for that to give him the settling in period to hit the ground running next year on what's fixing to be a genuine assault. 

Fascinating watching the club handle this. Nottin's naturally coming out at all from them so the media are just wildly speculating and the reactionary number of the fanbase are ridiculously losing their **** as per. But I'd be shocked if they aren't working on a few top deals for them behind the scenes. What direction they go in who knows? (Personally really hope there's an attacking player to cover/ rest Bobby. Nottin' like that at present of that quality standard.). But it sure is an exciting January transfer wise for once huh?

Hail. 

I was honestly doubting it at first, too.

Pearce said Ragnorik is going to have a sit down with Edwards in the coming days - I'm sure Klopp has told him not to come back empty handed.  I don't co-sign to Naby sitting out training.  Hopefully the can get him in the next week or so.

Saw that we're talking for Griezmann, too?  I can't believe that for a second.

26 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Keita and maybe Lemar this window if they can get a reasonable drop from Monaco. 

Everything I've read is that the price for Lemar has dropped considerably and we keep walking away.  I know it's all rumors but it's interesting.

55 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Side note: Always struck me Utd would quite possibly have two great young strikers now if they'd developed both Martial and Rashford in that role instead of sticking them wide seemingly because of their pace. Never understood that. Particularly in Martial's case with his rapid speed and clinical finishing. And even when he's wide, 9 times out of 10 he's charged with tracking back the majority of the game. Easy to see why he's so frustrated being so stifled when there's no need.  And it's just totally F-ed up Rashford who doesn't seem to know what position he's supposed to be playing. So devoid of confidence is he.

Martial should be world class by now.  Smelled of Rodgers when Van Gaal did that to both of them.  It's lazy to just assume pace needs to go outside.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I was honestly doubting it at first, too.

Pearce said Ragnorik is going to have a sit down with Edwards in the coming days - I'm sure Klopp has told him not to come back empty handed.  I don't co-sign to Naby sitting out training.  Hopefully the can get him in the next week or so.

Saw that we're talking for Griezmann, too?  I can't believe that for a second.

Everything I've read is that the price for Lemar has dropped considerably and we keep walking away.  I know it's all rumors but it's interesting.

Martial should be world class by now.  Smelled of Rodgers when Van Gaal did that to both of them.  It's lazy to just assume pace needs to go outside.

I think it was more Mourinho that turned those elves into orcs but oh well. As for my discussion with GHH on Firmino, I go back to another player wasted at United that I absolutely fell in love with, Shinji Kagawa. I think the role he had at Dortmund under Klopp, who justifiably lambasted Fergie for the way he used him, would be great for Firmino. Especially considering Firmino is much more talented. If Liverpool find a number 9 as good as Lewandowski (didn't Bayern get him on a free transfer or at least for some nominal fee?) I'll be too drunk and depressed to come back here and say I told you so. 

23 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I think it was more Mourinho that turned those elves into orcs but oh well. As for my discussion with GHH on Firmino, I go back to another player wasted at United that I absolutely fell in love with, Shinji Kagawa. I think the role he had at Dortmund under Klopp, who justifiably lambasted Fergie for the way he used him, would be great for Firmino. Especially considering Firmino is much more talented. If Liverpool find a number 9 as good as Lewandowski (didn't Bayern get him on a free transfer or at least for some nominal fee?) I'll be too drunk and depressed to come back here and say I told you so. 

I think we know how talented Bobby is.  He's drawn comparrisons to Bergkamp and I think Klopp will get him there.  I don't think he's wasted at all where he is either.  Sure I'd love a proper 9 so he can play the 10, but even at Dortmund dudes like Kagawa were interchangible in that front 4 - just like Bobby plays all 4 throughout the game.

And it was Van Gaal for sure who started them out wide.  Martial came on as a Striker in his debut at the end of a match against us when Martin Tyler came on himself.  By the time we were playing them in Europa league he was out wide as was Martial.  Di Maria was also a failure about that time and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it, but it certainly stunted their growth.

If we're giving credit to creativity for development (Like the media fawns all over Pep for playing Sterling in like 3 different positions) but he's never played him as a wing back in a 3-4-3 like Brendan did!  Have some of that Sky!

20 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

You took that far more seriously then it was intended. No offense meant. 

I did you are right, my apologies,

Never got the love for Martial, don't get it, reckon he's vastly overrated. I'd disagree on Rashford, I think he's having a strong season. Tailed off a bit over the last month, keen to see how he plays pre World Cup. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Does anyone else play Football Manager?

question about FM-- is it an "active" game where you're controlling the players in games, a la FIFA?  Or is it more "managerial" where you run the team, but the games are simulated and you just get the results?

i think i would really, really enjoy it, but i also know that it is a huge time-suck, which is probably not a good idea for me at this time.

According to Football Leaks Messi is making €100 mil / year (gross) €50 mil net, € 286 140 / day ! Insane ! :wacko:

CR7 is going to be pissed off because FL revealed that Madrid tried to sign Messi :lol: Now he's got another reason to whine for a raise.

Edited by FrFan

3 hours ago, dchogs said:

question about FM-- is it an "active" game where you're controlling the players in games, a la FIFA?  Or is it more "managerial" where you run the team, but the games are simulated and you just get the results?

i think i would really, really enjoy it, but i also know that it is a huge time-suck, which is probably not a good idea for me at this time.

It's completely managerial but the level of detail is absolutely insane. Also the player database is so expansive and accurate that there's been rumors of clubs using it as a scouting resource. You can literally learn about the game by playing that game. On the flip side, there is a non-fictional novel called "Football Manager Ruined My Marriage" and I have no doubt as to the accuracy of the title. 

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I did you are right, my apologies,

Never got the love for Martial, don't get it, reckon he's vastly overrated. I'd disagree on Rashford, I think he's having a strong season. Tailed off a bit over the last month, keen to see how he plays pre World Cup. 

I mean in his first year in the league at 19 years old he looked unplayable at times. 

• Like 2

Football Manager, one of the biggest-selling computer games in the world, is 20 years old. Football Manager Stole My Life celebrates the cultural phenomenon of a game that has sold over 20 million copies worldwide....

That's the book I was referring to. I've gotten myself into trouble with various women throughout my life over this game my brain automatically went to ruined my marriage.