Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Migs

Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson

Can, Hendo

Phil

Salah, Bobby, Mane

Think you'll continue to see Robertson and Phil work that left side together with Salah on the right and Bobby as a false 9.

Hendo and Emre covering the back 4 with Emre picking his spots.

@Gibbs Hog Heaven are you down in London for this one or did you stay home?

• Like 1

How it's not 3-0 is beyond me... hopefully we don't rue this

15 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Liverpool really are great going forward. Pretty good watch for the neutral.

We've made two tackles in the back the first half, too.

Appreciate that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Liverpool really are great going forward. Pretty good watch for the neutral.

Unlucky to not be 2 or 3 nil. Looked like Arsenal couldn't get called a foul last 10-15 either.

Team is so dangerous going forward, and Arsenal will have to open up some second half. Could be in for some pre Christmas fireworks!

Dont think it's a coincidence the side looked more dangerous and cohesive once Hendo went off. Hope to see Ox get some run against his old club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

How it's not 3-0 is beyond me... hopefully we don't rue this

We've made two tackles in the back the first half, too.

Appreciate that!

I cant appreciate Liverpool that much. I do have a limit that kicks in irrespective of how good they are to watch :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Again, great game for the neutral. 

Thought after Liverpool bounced back to 3-3 Klopp kinda closed up too soon. He took the point, fair enough I guess at Arsenal, but there was a winner to be had.

Not sure he really had a chance to close it up.

That goal was within seconds of 2-0.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DC9 said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven are you down in London for this one or did you stay home?

I am the former for my sins lil' bro. And slightly drunk as I type so apologies for how this may come out .....

Well that was a mad evening. L'pool, by far and away streets the better football side, thrash Arsenal 3-3. Which is frustrating as all heck that they got a point out of it they scarcely deserved. Showed great character to come back from 3-2 down when most sides would have totally capitulated having that mad 5 minutes where 2-0 flipped to 3-2 through the absolute brain-dead idiot in nets. 

I really don't know what you make of that? 

Some of the attacking football, at that pace, was absolutely sensational. City aside, there's no bigger side on the cusp of dominating going forward than this L'pool team. Sort the 'keeper, added to Keita and van Dijk, and they're as big a threat as anyone. But that's tempered tonight by the frustration of that mad 5 minutes of individual mistakes. Mainly emanating from a Belgium persuasion. It's even madder when the defence played well. The two centre-halves were great all game. Gomez, the first goal aside (and I blame Mignolet as much there as Joe for not screaming out the danger of Sanchez on his blindside) had a good game. Good, if costly tonight, learning experience for young Joe that you can't switch off for even a second back there. Robertson played well. 

I'm trying to be pissed. 3 out of the 4 of us down overnight still are. But I've just seen L'pool go to a top 6 side and look head and shoulders on a different planet to them as a football side who should have been 5 or 6 clear before the goalkeeper interveined. (Yeah Sadio, mainly looking at you here lad. Need to get your head out of your ass and quick as your form and decision making lately have been abysmal.). 

Again, I seriously don't know what to make of that ..... ?

Disappointment at Arsenal being thrashed 3-3 yet L'pool still finding a way to give them 2 of our points. 

Pride at the character shown to come back from that strongly when most sides would of let them take all 3. 

Enthused at L'pool going to a top 6 rival and showing a massive gulf in class in their favour for the majority. 

Happy at being the top 4 at half-way but frustrated that it should be a lot better with fewer draws like the mad one tonight.

And still buzzing from an absolutely exhilarating 90 minutes of togger where it doesn't get much better. 

Real strange set of emotions. 

If Stevenage- Chesterfield tomorrow (Ground #77 of the current 92) is half as good a game as that, this will of been 1 heck of a weekends top footie action.

Up the Great Red Entertainers!

Merry Christmas to you all. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Up the Great Red Entertainers!

Merry Christmas to you all. 

Hail. 

I agree I thought Lovren and Klavan played their best game together in a while.  I was even giving them props in here at HT.

I would send my best negotiator to Bilbao in January and bring a Bordega of the finest women in the world to get the signature of Kepa Arrizabalaga.  Do it.  Get it dusted off and move on.  Athletic Club aren't going to sell him cause they never do, but sign the boy for the summer just like we did Matip.  We'll be fine.

I'm ****ing through with Mignolet slapping at that knuckler from Xhaka.  **** him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I agree I thought Lovren and Klavan played their best game together in a while.  I was even giving them props in here at HT.

I would send my best negotiator to Bilbao in January and bring a Bordega of the finest women in the world to get the signature of Kepa Arrizabalaga.  Do it.  Get it dusted off and move on.  Athletic Club aren't going to sell him cause they never do, but sign the boy for the summer just like we did Matip.  We'll be fine.

I'm ****ing through with Mignolet slapping at that knuckler from Xhaka.  **** him.

Frustratingly, I don't expect to see anything other than Mignolet retaining his place Boxing Day. 

But the end is surely nearing. He's patently been looking for a way to get Karius in the team through the CL 2 keeper bollocks. 

Mignolet is fast opening up that opportunity for him again.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Oh that was DELICIOUS from Maguire.

**** was Moss doing the last 10 minutes there.  Stonewall pen with Maguire getting held down on the throw in, Lingaard missing a yawning net and then the sending off.  Two bites at the cross and there's Maguire for the full volley to steal a point!

Great last 10 minutes bar the continued trifling officiating.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Dunno'. But this is far more interesting .....

Tempering excitement but Palmer is well connected at Southampton so there is that. 

Hail. 

Yeah I saw he used to work for them.

I'm meh, til it happens. 

Saw he was in the stands today and everyone lost it.  When did we get someone this early in January though?  Was Phil and Sturridge the first week or two years ago?

I wouldn't be upset about VVD.  We need to do something about keeper this Summer though.

I'd rather drop £70m on a goalie than a CB.  A top keeper makes Lovren/Klavan/Matip all better.  VVD doesn't make Migs better, and VVD is far from perfect... I've seen him switch off on goals recently, much like Gomez did yesterday. 

Since it it isn't my money, I'd gladly take both though. 

17 hours ago, dchogs said:

I'd rather drop £70m on a goalie than a CB.  A top keeper makes Lovren/Klavan/Matip all better.  VVD doesn't make Migs better, and VVD is far from perfect... I've seen him switch off on goals recently, much like Gomez did yesterday. 

Since it it isn't my money, I'd gladly take both though. 

Funny how we all see things differently. 

FWIW, I'd pay £70 million or more straight up in a heartbeat for van Dijk. 

Personally rate him as good as any centre-half the PL and I fully believe he'd thrive at being at one of the biggest clubs in the World to go on to be one of the best in the World at the position. 

I just don't see a flaw in his game. 

At 6'4 he's an almost unbeatable beast in the air at both ends of the park with the physical frame to match. Rarely if ever do you see him get muscled off the ball. (And he's real strong the tattle to match.). Or done for speed. The big Dutchman is deceptively fast. Real comfortable on the ball with a great range of pass. Still not in his prime at 26. And the leadership qualities he'll bring is something we sorely lack right through the side. 

The perfect, cultured, rapid ball-playing defender who fits perfectly into what we do under Jürgen and what's expected out of the CH's.

Which is why Klopp's not settled for less knowing he only wants to play one place. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And the leadership qualities he'll bring is something we sorely lack right through the side. 

This is what truly sells me with VVD. Not sure his less than stellar showings lately are a guy who wants out kinda going through the motions. Every time out though, he still is vocal, and demanding players be in their shape, or aware of the channel runners.

Have not  had that leadership in Red at the CH lately, and Migs seems to lack that vocal leadership quality.

I believe he (VVD) would make everyone around him on the defense a better, more aware player.

• Thanks 1