Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Wow... not even a friendly "good game," spanking from any of the Bayern support?

After years of foreplay!

For ****s sake men it was a friendly... if that were the real thing it was easily 5-0.

One does wonder for the health of our long lost 'friend' Fred at times like this. 

I do hope his L'pool hatred didn't tip him over the edge yesterday. Stay safe Freddy lad. L'ppol loves yer! 

Richmond TBF will doubtless be in later. But he'll always be a Utd fan to me so all his other clubs don't count. ;) .

Hail. 

• Like 2

Liverpool looked quite ready for the season to start, well done.  May have to amend my preseason prediction and move liverpool up to finishing 2nd. Still think City, under the current setup in the PL, can walk to the title.  

With Neymar saying his good byes hopefully Barca will act on Coutinho quick!  

• Like 1

If Coutinho goes to Barca, wouldn't that be the weirdest...

A huge reason Neymar wanted to leave apparently was because the club wasn't signing his buddies...like Coutinho.  Then Neymar leaves and BOOM in comes his buddy.  Strange stuff. 

FWIW I don't actually want coutinho to go.  I won't be upset or anything if he does because it will weaken a top side, but if the PL is going to get back to competing in CL...and I mean really competing...we need to keep our best players in the midst of international interest.  A stronger PL is good for all teams 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

If Coutinho goes to Barca, wouldn't that be the weirdest...

More chance of the Redskins going 16-0 and sweeping the playoffs and Lombardi than that happening this summer. 

Hmmmmm. Danny Ward. This is obviously the 'battle for back-up 'keeper' tourney then. Very surprised to not see Robertson start either day. Conversely very happy to see the surprise return of Milner and Gomez. 

Be boss if Nando starts for Atlético like but two games in two days ..... 

Go ed' Redmen. Second trophy of the summer at stake. As we're here it'd be impolite not to take it! 

f05lWx-v_bigger.jpg

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·17m

#LFC 
starting XI v #AtletiWard, Flanagan, Gomez, Klavan, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Woodburn, Mane, Solanke

f05lWx-v_bigger.jpg

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_

#LFC subs: Karius, Mignolet, Robertson, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria, Henderson, Grujic, Kent, Firmino, Origi
6:11 pm · 2 Aug 2017

Hail. 

*Edit* Torres on the bench. 

Atletico Madrid XI: Moya, Vrsaljko, Gimenez, Lucas, Sergi, Kranevitter, Augusto, Thomas, Keidi, Correa, Vietto.

Substitutes: Werner, Savic, Juanfran, Filipe, Gabi, Gaitán, Torres, Griezmann, Olabe, Amath

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Not really a strong 11 or a ton on the bench.

Had to be pleased with the last two performances, though.

2 games in two days and doing three-a-days alongside that in the heat currently in Germany. 

Takes it's toll. 

Completely changed A Madrid side too. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well Hell. Not used to that from a Klopp pre-season game. 

Slow. Very sloppy from both sides. Like an early pre-season game. Atlético being typical Simeone sitting in and scoring from just about their only venture into our area. Superb save from Ward. Klaven being Klaven of the second half of last season when he completely went. Ball watching from the rebound as the lad ran straight past him to nod it in. And kids bouncing around on a bed the touchline, to sum up the night. 

Hopefully, they'll be an injection of something, ANYTHING, second half.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well that pen sums up Hendo's Liverpool captaincy for me...

Well played the last 20 at least when the first team came on and Simeone unparked the bus. 

Ryan Kent is a player and these two youngins at fullback played very well.  REALLY like Grujic. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Well that pen sums up Hendo's Liverpool captaincy for me...

Well played the last 20 at least when the first team came on and Simeone unparked the bus. 

Ryan Kent is a player and these two youngins at fullback played very well.  REALLY like Grujic. 

Honestly stopped watchng around 60 and got into the European games. Just had it on the background.

Nice drew Ajax so I make it we can draw Nice, Hoffenheim, Steau Bucharest, that mad Istanbul side or Young Boys. 

I'll take them in that order ta. 

Hail. 

8 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Liverpool looked quite ready for the season to start, well done.  May have to amend my preseason prediction and move liverpool up to finishing 2nd. Still think City, under the current setup in the PL, can walk to the title.  

With Neymar saying his good byes hopefully Barca will act on Coutinho quick!  

Massively underrated your own lads and Spurs imo. Chelsea will 100% be up there. Squad way too strong for them not to be. The Wembley factor is a worry for Spurs but they've such a good squad I think they definitely still finish top 4 and maybe hand around for a title run. If still in WHL I'd fancy them to give it a right go. Such a strong squad.

• Like 1

@Morrison J I think there are two main factors that go into my valuation of Chelsea, as they are today.  Lack of quality depth and more games.  So more games is obvious with European football back in the mix.  The depth is an issue.  Right now Pedro, hazard, and bakayoko are injured and morata is not fit.  Since this time last year we have sold or loaned something like 20 players, half of which had been in the squad at some point.  we've signed 4.  Our 20 goal scoring, pl proven line leader is gone. 

Even with all that I'd say domestically we can still compete and finish anywhere in top 4.  But with CL and the need to rotate squad, I have us further back.  And as far as spurs, they have been pretty complacent in the market and lost a good player in walker.  Also I hate them. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

@Morrison J I think there are two main factors that go into my valuation of Chelsea, as they are today.  Lack of quality depth and more games.  So more games is obvious with European football back in the mix.  The depth is an issue.  Right now Pedro, hazard, and bakayoko are injured and morata is not fit.  Since this time last year we have sold or loaned something like 20 players, half of which had been in the squad at some point.  we've signed 4.  Our 20 goal scoring, pl proven line leader is gone. 

Even with all that I'd say domestically we can still compete and finish anywhere in top 4.  But with CL and the need to rotate squad, I have us further back.  And as far as spurs, they have been pretty complacent in the market and lost a good player in walker.  Also I hate them. 

Yeah, strange thing to say that Chelsea have a strong squad. Matic goes Monday and leaves you with what, 4 recognised midfielders? There's serious quality the top 11-13 or so but then there's little else. Costa goes the attacks back to square one at 2. One of whom Conte doesn't seem to trust. There's what, 4 centre backs when you play 3? Can't understand loaning Zouma and trying to do the same Christensen. Same the WB's which literally have to play every game. 

Reading today Conte wants 4 players in before the end of the month. That's quite a lot at this stage to try integrate the squad. 

Unless Chelsea are pinning everything on another miraculous season injury wise, that squad is thread bare for 4 competitions. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

good recap

I still hold some sort of hope that costa can come back and play without issue until January. It's why I still have him as avatar.  But if I'm honest with myself, it ain't happenin. 

We are in a worse spot at cm than you say, but better spot at cb.  The good thing we have, especially defensively, is versatility.  Azpi can play wingback or cb, Alonso can play wb or cb, and rudiger can play wb or cb.  Pedro even played wb at times last year.  

Midfield is so bare it's criminal. Three players that I would trust in the whole squad, for two spots.  Kante, Baka, and fabregas.  

You are are right at striker.  With injuries we had to play morata in a wide role and batshuayi up front.  Let alone conte hates batshuayi for whatever reason, but playing morata out of position is stinting him.  

Anyway, we need players in before the window closes.  If not we are in big trouble.  I'd say another midfielder or two, and creative attacker at least.  And hopefully the last one would be Sandro, but if not I'd take Ox

• Like 1

Don't think seasons are lost in September though. 

Best starting eleven in the league imo and by a fairly wide margin over the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd. I honestly think there's a decent drop in quality after Chelsea, Man City and Spurs. That's the top 3 for me in some order. 

Costa didn't even play that well last year. Second half of the season he was sub par most of the time I saw him. I don't think Morata will be any downgrade on what you had last year. 

A couple of signings will be made to help the strength in depth no doubt but having the likes of Willian coming in to replace Pedro is pretty good tbf. 

Also in relation to Spurs, they are a young team so every player is only going to get better and Trippier is no downgrade on Walker. Once Wembley doesn't effect them too much they'll be up there competing again. Too much quality not to. 

I've no idea why anyone has Man Utd finishing in the top 3. Ibrahimovic to Lukaku is a downgrade and Matic is fine but not gonna change them drastically. Can't see them being anywhere near title contenders.