Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You know who else plays for them? Nando. That'd be nice for him to play us Wednesday. 

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Europe this week Everton will be trying to progress in the Europa league against MFK Ruzomberok. 

If you've never heard of them, they're a small team in Liverpool. 

Hail. 

Did you hear the knob who said "With Rooney we can really go places?"

You think that was an upgrade???

Well they'll start with Ruzomberok, I guess.

I thought Torres was free this summer?  Now THAT is EXACTLY the type of player you take on loan.  Not that we would with our options and a healthy Sturridge (knocks on all of the wood around me), but I thought earlier in the spring we'd be selling Danny and Torres was the perfect bridge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Did you hear the knob who said "With Rooney we can really go places?"

You think that was an upgrade??? .....

That may well have been my mate who's been dead serious in trying to convince himself that they're the progressive, happening club who are getting all their deals done whilst L'pool can't get anyone to sign  And with Bramley Dock (the STILL pretendy new stadium) they're poised to become the biggest club in the City once more. He was unclear when that's EVER happened before for it to be 'once more' but I digress .....

Like seriously. You've gotten deals done because you're shopping in a completely different class of market. If any top 6 side had remotely been interested in Keane, Pickford, the Ajax fella' and the rest they wouldn't now be at Everton. 

To be fair though, since last Thursday and this 'new look' Everton looking as ****e as ever against some gang of Slovak sheep herders, they have gone back to being quiet. 

L'pool beat Munich tomorrow and that should be the end of any sight of them for another week and a half at least.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Europe this week Everton will be trying to progress in the Europa league against MFK Ruzomberok. 

If you've never heard of them, they're a small team in Liverpool. 

Hail. 

So good, brother!

maybe they'll make a magazine cover with it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:
He's not joking.

Aouch ! :). Neymar Sr is in Barcelona today to collect a €28 mil 2016 signing bonus.

It is believed that he made €125 mil in bonuses since 2013. Basically he made more money than Messi ! :wtf:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That may well have been my mate who's been dead serious in trying to convince himself that they're the progressive, happening club who are getting all their deals done whilst L'pool can't get anyone to sign  And with Bramley Dock (the STILL pretendy new stadium) they're poised to become the biggest club in the City once more. He was unclear when that's EVER happened before for it to be 'once more' but I digress .....

Like seriously. You've gotten deals done because you're shopping in a completely different class of market. If any top 6 side had remotely been interested in Keane, Pickford, the Ajax fella' and the rest they wouldn't now be at Everton. 

To be fair though, since last Thursday and this 'new look' Everton looking as ****e as ever against some gang of Slovak sheep herders, they have gone back to being quiet. 

L'pool beat Munich tomorrow and that should be the end of any sight of them for another week and a half at least.

Hail. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we loss today. Chances are we don't play atleast a few main players after the like 8 games in 12 days stuff in hot as hell China.  They have the German super cup this weekend too. 

13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we loss today. Chances are we don't play atleast a few main players after the like 8 games in 12 days stuff in hot as hell China.  They have the German super cup this weekend too. 

I'd hope and expect, for at least the first half/ first 60 or so, Munich would be more or less full strength with their season starting Saturday. (And not wanting to start out bad in front of their own fans.). This is the time to really be bedding things down now for the opener. And a real competitive 45/ hour or so's work would be just the job for that. 

Think I'd personally approach this tournament like that. First day, start XI for an hour. Then change the last 30. Second day, those that came on the last 30 get an hour. Those that had the hour the previous day get the last 30. Or maybe two different teams more or less playing the full game both days. Something like that. 

Be interesting to see the different approaches with the Italian and Spanish League Seasons kicking off later. 

Hail. 

40 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I'd hope and expect, for at least the first half/ first 60 or so, Munich would be more or less full strength with their season starting Saturday. (And not wanting to start out bad in front of their own fans.). This is the time to really be bedding things down now for the opener. And a real competitive 45/ hour or so's work would be just the job for that. 

Think I'd personally approach this tournament like that. First day, start XI for an hour. Then change the last 30. Second day, those that came on the last 30 get an hour. Those that had the hour the previous day get the last 30. Or maybe two different teams more or less playing the full game both days. Something like that. 

Be interesting to see the different approaches with the Italian and Spanish League Seasons kicking off later. 

Hail. 

I guess we'll see. Hoping no injures either way. 

Also Neymar is a tool. Heads to Dubai then back to Barca after apparently signing with PSG....  Way to slap your club in the face. 

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Neymar wants that $$$$$$ and truthfully I won't hold it against him.  He's got a bit of Mcgregor/Mayweather in him

Its the way he's doing it. If you want to leave just tell psg to pay it and I'll leave.  Playing with Barca is just messed up. Plus there's talk of the major European teams boycotting psg in response to this. It's a ugly situation.

Would imagine, bar Karius getting a look and Milner out injured, this will be what starts at Watford a week Sat'day dinner. Surprised Robertson's not had a look with the firsts like in Milner's absence.

And Munich pretty much at full strength bar one or two:

Really looking forward to this. It's set up to be a real competitive, cracking friendly. Can't see either side 'keeping a clean sheet in this one. 

Be real nice to play Nando the final tomorrow evening. Especially for him. Godin's still a complete A1 prick. Shocking couple of challenges for what is ostensibly a friendly. Glad he's banned for tomorrow. 

And talking of the Spanish heartbreaker ..... Sighs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

Beautiful half from the Reds. Speed kills! Mane and Salah both net one. Alby having his best half in a Red kit since, maybe, ever.

Phil sitting deeper, running the show with those two blazers on the wings is gonna be some fun watching this season. TAA looks like he is ready to step in for Clyne. 

Best thing from this half was Liverpool showing that, against a top level club who likes to control possession, they can be patient, press, then kill you with the speed they can throw on the counter. Unlucky not to have 3 or 4.

Maybe, with this showing, we can get someone to pony up £15-20 million for Moreno!?!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

Well I'll call it 4-0 even if the refs want to give Bayern every opportunity to look legitimate.  What a bunch of scrubs...

And really Vidal?  You want to pick Lallana?  Bayern played like a bunch of babies who weren't getting their way...

And of course Sturridge hurts himself scoring a goal... that would happen to him wouldn't it?

MOTM for me... TAA and Moreno A. Alberto Junior, III.... yes I'm serious.  Both fullbacks were outstanding.

Hope Danny's alright.

57 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Beautiful half from the Reds. Speed kills! Mane and Salah both net one. Alby having his best half in a Red kit since, maybe, ever.

Was thinking the same.  I can't remember White Hart lane in 14 cause I think we were all more watching Balotelli... but he looked a legit defender today didn't he?

Albeit against a **** German side but that should get us an offer or two.

• Like 2

Edit: I heard ManU is ready to drop €30 mil for Aurier (PSG), pending the result of his trial for assaulting police officers. The same dude who called his former coach Laurent Blanc a fag. Good luck with this pos. :rofl89:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3

Wow... not even a friendly "good game," spanking from any of the Bayern support?

After years of foreplay!

For ****s sake men it was a friendly... if that were the real thing it was easily 5-0.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 2