Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Get the F in Lincoln! 

No no need to rearrange the Burnley game now the next round. And with confirmation that if Millwall and Leicester draw, the Leicester game a week Monday will now be brought forward 24 hours; with no rearranged games late the season this is turning into a pretty great Cup weekend!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Good luck to our mate Old Bay and his Blackburn Rovers today against Utd the Cup. 

If any fanbase deserves a real special, fun day it's that one. 

Big shout out as well to the Blackburn fans still staying away today down to refusing to line the POS Venky's pockets. Couldn't think of any harder conflict to have on a regular basis as a fan. Fair play to them for not buckling on that a big Cup tie. Top respect. 

For the Rovers fans in attendance, good luck with the 18/75 protest. Hopefully the whole ground will join in and the cameras focus on it to bring more media attention to this ongoing disgrace. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Really feel for Sutton's supporters. To have such a cloud hanging over what should be a joyous occasion, all for the sake of a few measly bucks, sucks. Where as they should be bouncing in anticipation looking forward to one of the biggest days in their history, they've been left split and wholly conflicted. Just takes all the fun out of it. All down to the club doing the inherently wrong thing on it's biggest day in years. 

Full credit to this lad for standing up and talking impartially on the free podcast about that confliction and how it's got most everyone, a lot of Sutton supporters included, up in arms. 

'Indecent Proposal' indeed. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/5622208-sutton-united-and-the-sun-an-indecent-proposal

Gandermonium: Indecent Proposal?

Hail. 

• Like 2

Theres was a time his early days I had Harry Kane pegged as just a poacher. Man was I totally wrong on that. Lad's the closest thing to Shearer England have had since Shearer IMHO. SO many facets to his game with the single minded determination to always keep working harder than anyone else to not only keep himself at the very top level but better his game.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Who the heck keeps track of **** like this? Stat data bases. Phew. 

Melissa Reddy
‏ @MelissaReddy_

Since Jürgen Klopp's appointment 500 days ago#LFC top PL for:
Goals: 109
Tackles: 177
Sprints: 31588
KMs Covered: 6354.93
Avg Poss: 60.13% 

10:12 am · 18 Feb 2017

Even more ridiculous #'s with the context of coming in October, sacking off the Lge for the Europa with the kids the last couple months the season, this years last two month dip with injuries et all. 

Hail. 

I just read a fantastic Wrap piece that lead me on to an even better general piece that both encapsulate perfectly not only L'pool's struggles but the struggles of our competitors and the PL in general against Europe's elite. 

Really worth while reading for most every football fan of the top 6 clubs in particular. Particularly the long but brilliant Tomkins piece which is essential reading I think even bt will find interestingly relative: 

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/02/liverpool-how-does-jurgen-klopps-squad-weigh-up-against-premier-league-rivals/

https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/02/brutal-british-****ry-tough-times-for-arsenal-liverpool-and-others/

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah, think I might well swerve that tonight. Not sure I want to spend 90 minutes or so seeing that toxic POS getting that time in publicity all over National TV. 

Regardless, all the best Arsenal. Hope you hammer Sutton and progress.

Hail. 

First, watched most of the second half today on my phone with the free Fox2Go app.  The streaming was in HD and the game feed was wonderful.

@Gibbs Hog Heaven - I may not be a die-hard Pool supporter, but it was hard to watch as the "toxic POS that will not be named" was advertised all around the ground today.  I don't know how a real supporter of Sutton must feel, as many are drawn in 2 directions to be sure. Really sucks.

Question to anyone about tactics today:  Why would Arsenal bring on Sanchez in the final 20 minutes, already ahead 2-0.  It's not like he needs to score to get out of a rut.  Putting him out there seems to be a dumb idea, especially if he gets hurt (maybe next game or 2 because of the little rest).  Made zero sense to me.

Also Sutton produced several great chances to score.  Too bad because as a Bayern supporter, any additional match would have been welcomed.

On 2/19/2017 at 5:16 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Good luck to our mate Old Bay and his Blackburn Rovers today against Utd the Cup. 

If any fanbase deserves a real special, fun day it's that one. 

Kind words. I was following along on my soccer app as we were on the road during the match.  Glad the boys put up a fight, as best as we could hope for.  Now if we could get more like that to stay up.

I heard there was a scheduling snafu on Fox Sports that meant the match wasn't shown or something.  I read about it on a blog where they kept talking about how United fans were done wrong with no mention of Blackburn supporters.  I was all like "oh" :(

Also, before the match one of the Rover mascots asked the ref not to give any yellows or reds to Rovers and give them all to United.

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Bay said:

Kind words. I was following along on my soccer app as we were on the road during the match.  Glad the boys put up a fight, as best as we could hope for.  Now if we could get more like that to stay up.

I heard there was a scheduling snafu on Fox Sports that meant the match wasn't shown or something.  I read about it on a blog where they kept talking about how United fans were done wrong with no mention of Blackburn supporters.  I was all like "oh" :(

Also, before the match one of the Rover mascots asked the ref not to give any yellows or reds to Rovers and give them all to United.

That is awesome.

I love the FA Cup, its a special tournament.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Bay said:

It's sad how it's become trivialized by some.  But seeing Lincoln and Sutton get as far as they have is awesome.  And Lincoln beating Burnley is an added bonus. ;)

Yeah, there is something special seeing teams from the top of English football down to the bottom compete in the same tournament. Especially when those small teams like Sutton end up playing Arsenal at home or teams that go on those deep runs like we see, love it.

• Like 2

That was one of the best games of football I've ever seen in my life. (City 5-3 Monaco.). 

Absolutely shambolic defending from both sides leading to unbelievable entertainment at breakneck speed. 8 outstanding goals. A stonewall penalty for City scandalously not given. Clearance off the line. Falcao missing a penalty for Monaco. 

Utter, brilliant madness. 

HELL knows what will happen out in Monaco with both teams as open as this. Awesome entertainment. 

That's what being a football fan is all about and what you want to see. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

HELL knows what will happen out in Monaco with both teams as open as this. Awesome entertainment. 

That's what being a football fan is all about and what you want to see. 

Hail. 

Props to City, they never gave up with a brilliant come from behind win. I fear the worst for Monaco in their empty stadium. Will they mentally recover from a missed PK and a terrible mistake from their goalkeeper ?

Saint-Etienne coach Christophe Galtier returns to Old Trafford where his friend Eric Cantona fell in love

" Saint-Étienne is similar to Liverpool. Small city; it’s not rich. But one thing is different – Saint-Étienne is the only team in this city - and the colour. It is called by the colour. Les Verts."

Edited by FrFan