Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

17 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

I think Ancelotti matches up well against Wenger actually.

I agree.  Yes, Bayern haven't looked their best, but they still look good and have lots of quality.  Plus, Arsenal still having some injury issues.  Can't see Arsenal holding them off for 2 legs.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:07 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Whisper that around the Munich contingent. 

They're still under the (deluded) impression that the PL is garbage and an easy league. 

#bayernstrollingtoanothertitlebywhatwillbea4/5winplusmargin

Hail. 

Sorry it took so long, I've been busy keeping up with UCL news and watching my team win in January.

I looked over the last 20+ pages and see no place I said anything about the PL, especially it being 'garbage and an easy league'.  I think you project too much.

But hey, as bad as the BL is (according to GHH), funny to see that players there top your transfer dreams,... err... hopes.... err wishes.

#Poolcloserto7ththanFirstandanotherseasonwithnoUCL

Dude please. Aside from 'the Munich contingent' playing into your ego for some bizarre reason to think it just meant you specifically, even those that don't post in here often know your complete disdain for the PL that you've repeatedly posted. 

Why can't people just be honest on what's in black and white instead of looking silly and trying to flip it to some asinine point scoring pissing contest?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

On 2/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

It would of been very interesting to see how the table might well now look if Chelsea had, had  an abscence of a key player like Sadio to contend with for a month huh? Let alone the other 4 or 5 key injuries L'pool have had to deal with. 

Hail.

How did Moses avoid playing for Nigeria?  Were they not in the tournament?

I think Chelsea have too many good players.  They're still far and away the most expensive side in England.  But they've also not done well enough against the top teams in the league (like... you know... us, who are undefeated) which is why I just can't say Conte is a genius.  They do win the ones they're supposed to though.

Still shocked nonetheless at Can, and then to ask for a raise?  Go earn your raise.  If not, **** off to Juve and bring us a good return.  I don't think anyone I know was higher on him than I was.  Hopefully he sorts it out.  Unfortunately he is too much like Hendo and it defeats the purpose of essentially playing two number 6s and trying to compete.  I think Klopp has finally figured that out and we saw the results of playing Gini along side Hendo.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I think Chelsea have too many good players.  They're still far and away the most expensive side in England.  But they've also not done well enough against the top teams in the league (like... you know... us, who are undefeated) which is why I just can't say Conte is a genius.  They do win the ones they're supposed to though.

That would be the side entrenched in their de facto position of 6th. The most expensive squad, with the highest wage bill, in World footie.

Nigeria never qualified. 

That really was an excellent 3 points for City last night. Bournemouth remains one of the toughest 'lesser' side grounds to get something. 

Just looking at it and Chelsea don't go there until April sandwiched in between City at home and Utd away. A real tricky 3 game spell. They may well get a result at Dean Court and if they do, fair F's to them. But you could well see them dropping at least another 2 points. 

Keep winning and chipping away. 2 points here. 2 points there. Telling yer wack. There's a LOT of twists and turns to go yet this season.

This leagues FAR from over.

City just lost Jesus with a broken foot. Real shame for him after his blistering start. 

Good job they have no more World class strikers to step straight in .....

Hail. 

• Like 1

My kid was watching a kids' show called Super Wings. This airplane travels all over the world and delivers things to kids. Anyway, I could hear my kid in the living room, "What's his name? Stick? His name is "Stick"?" talking about the kid in the show. 

I happened to see that it was a Nordic looking character in a nordic looking setting. 

I was like, "Oh. His name is StiG. Like Stig Bjornebye. Like the famous Norwegian fullback." Glance over to wife to see her deep, incredulous eye roll. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Dude please. Aside from 'the Munich contingent' playing into your ego for some bizarre reason to think it just meant you specifically, even those that don't post in here often know your complete disdain for the PL that you've repeatedly posted. 

Why can't people just be honest on what's in black and white instead of looking silly and trying to flip it to some asinine point scoring pissing contest?

Hail. 

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad, just having some fun with you.

Have a nice Valentine's Day.:cheers:

Also, Dortmund and PSG should be ahead in the first 11 minutes.

I need this translation:  Commentator (I believe English) just said "Barelona are making a dogs breakfast of clearing the ball"  WTF??  Made me laugh pretty good, though.

Edited by btfoom

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

My kid was watching a kids' show called Super Wings. This airplane travels all over the world and delivers things to kids. Anyway, I could hear my kid in the living room, "What's his name? Stick? His name is "Stick"?" talking about the kid in the show. 

I happened to see that it was a Nordic looking character in a nordic looking setting. 

I was like, "Oh. His name is StiG. Like Stig Bjornebye. Like the famous Norwegian fullback." Glance over to wife to see her deep, incredulous eye roll. 

Thing's you never thought you'd read #1.

Hail. 

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Presume you haven't seen Arsenal of late. 

All things being equal they should get well mugged off by Munich over two legs. 

Hail. 

We're playing bad. Our creativity is lacking then again watching Barca get manhandled somehow makes me feel a bit better about our form.   Hopefully we kill it in Munich to put my mind at ease.

On 2/14/2017 at 10:11 AM, DC9 said:

Nigeria did not qualify as GHH said.  Wanted to address your other point.  I think Chelsea is second best against the top 6.  Have beaten all but Liverpool and have the opportunity to sweep both Manchester teams.  It's hard to get results against the top sides in England, but you know this.  Liverpool have done amazingly well against the other top teams, but Chelsea are second having beat them all already.  Going unbeaten among the top 6 is something that does not normally happen...so hats off to 'pool.  You've still got to play Arsenal and Man City...and it my hope that you stay unbeaten earning two draws :ols:  

Edit: I watched the replay of the BvB game just now.  Wow.  Auba missed two clear chances and a pen.  Unbelievable not to get an away goal.  Gotta perform at home, and I have no doubt they will.  

Edited by SkinssRvA

Some good news for DC United:

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/audi-secures-naming-rights-for-the-new-d-c-united-stadium-021517

Audi secures naming rights for the new D.C. United stadium

On Wednesday morning, D.C. United announced that Audi had secured the naming rights for the team’s new stadium. Pending final city approval, Audi Field will be opening on the Washington, D.C. waterfront with a target of 2018.

The D.C. Zoning Commission will hold what is likely its final hearing on the new stadium tomorrow, Thursday, after giving its conditional approval in December. If the stadium is approved, a source says the team will look to begin construction this spring.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Barca needs a new midfield

They need a new D, Alba (vs DiMaria), Piqué (vs Cavani) and Roberto (vs Draxler) were abused all game long. I should have mentioned Umtiti too but he's a rookie at this stage. They also need a new coach asap imo.

Edited by FrFan