Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

A quite like watching Alaba and Costa, they're clearly the best players on the pitch.

Ol' Alonso getting in there for old times sake and Robin down the right lol.

Leipzig were never really going to challenge in this one. Coming out in a 4-2-2 like Carlo isn't going to use that wide pace to go right around it?  High school level math there.

And it's red.  LOL... awful challenge.  Well, I get to watch Bayern score 8 today then.

Edited by DC9

Excellent first half by Bayern.  They never really let RB into the match at all (except for one cross early in match).  First 2 goals were nice, flowing goals with Lewa very much involved in both.  RC was a very bad (and stupid) tackle and completely deserved.  Match was over after second goal.  The PK was as much Costa initiating contact, but in these situations when the GK leaves his feet, he opens himself up to a PK being called and the ref made his decision.

Second half was simply Bayern completely imposing their will and getting out of the match with no injuries.

Costa and Thiago were great all match.  Hummels with the blond locks (due to a lost bet, LOL).  Can't wait for Boateng and Coman to be fully fit.

On a side note, Julian Green loaned to BL-2 side Stugggart for remaining of season.  Hope he gets plenty of playing time.  They are a good club (historically) and do treat their players well.  Good luck Julian.

Now BL gets a month long break and hope Bayern come back stronger than ever for a run at 3 Trophies.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, btfoom said:

Now BL gets a month long break and hope Bayern come back stronger than ever for a run at 3 Trophies.

Interesting.  Liverpool has 3 in 7 days and something like 7 from 12/27 until 1/15. Glad to watch them as a fan, but that's a brutal schedule and a stark difference from the BL. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And now they're on the verge of hiring that despicable POS Allardyce. 

From Pulis to Pardew to Allardyce. 

Just WHAT heinous crime have Palace fans committed to warrant that run of utter ****e managers?

Hail. 

It's like watching the seven seals of the Apocalypse being opened. :hitfan:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Everton to launch £40m joint January bid for Manchester United pair Schneiderlin and Depay - Liverpool Echo

Everton helping their mates down the road out ..... Go figure. :rolleyes:.

Hail. 

I didn't followed him, I bet his disgrace has to do with José Morito. His stats from last year were pretty good.

Schneiderlin had the highest pass completion rate of any United player and made the most tackles per game. He was 2nd in terms of intercepted passes. United have conceded 24 goals in all competitions but only nine in the games when Schneiderlin has been a starter. Of the 16 games he’s started, United have kept a clean sheet in 10.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dchogs said:

Interesting.  Liverpool has 3 in 7 days and something like 7 from 12/27 until 1/15. Glad to watch them as a fan, but that's a brutal schedule and a stark difference from the BL. 

Actually a stark difference from most leagues.  I believe 2 of the matches are non-league, but still is too many games for players in that time span.

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Everton to launch £40m joint January bid for Manchester United pair Schneiderlin and Depay - Liverpool Echo

Everton helping their mates down the road out ..... Go figure. :rolleyes:.

Hail. 

I think Depay has the tools to become a top level player - he was scouted by Bayern before he went to ManU.  He was just another player who went for the money way too soon instead of developing his game before leaving his club.  The problem with any player who goes to the EPL is that there isn't any learning curve time.  They spend lots of money and expect the finished product.  If you aren't the exact level/type of player the side wants, then you can be easily cast aside. This isn't every EPL side, but the top  money sides operate this way (I don't know why Chelski, ManU, CIteh even have academies).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btfoom said:

I think Depay has the tools to become a top level player - he was scouted by Bayern before he went to ManU.  He was just another player who went for the money way too soon instead of developing his game before leaving his club.  The problem with any player who goes to the EPL is that there isn't any learning curve time.  They spend lots of money and expect the finished product.  If you aren't the exact level/type of player the side wants, then you can be easily cast aside. This isn't every EPL side, but the top  money sides operate this way (I don't know why Chelski, ManU, CIteh even have academies).

The problem with Memphis is his attitude. That's been the one constant knock on him at Utd. van Gaal couldn't get him to work. ****coat can't get him to work. As you alluded to, he's hit the mega pay packet early and thinks he's made it already acting the pima donna when in reality he's done F-all in the game. He's headed for the LONG line of highly talented 'what if's?' who've just filtered their talent away. 

Which makes it all the more bizarre as the one thing Koeman does demand is a high work ethic and 100% professional dedication. 

Anyway, this is brilliant! :rofl89::rofl89:

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 19/12/2016 at 9:51 PM, DC9 said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GET THE **** IN SADIO

WELL DONE DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/12/everton-0-liverpool-1-pink/

Listen to that lid. All the Wrap's subscription shows are free this week through a promotion thing to get people to subscribe. 'Try before yers buy' like. That's the one they do straight after a match and Mondays was absolutely f-ng hilarious! 

DEFO not safe for work that half hour or so! 
:rofl89::rofl89:

Hail.

*Edit* Soz. That might be the freebie one: https://audioboom.com/posts/5414609-christmas-hamper-the-pink-everton-0-1-liverpool

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, btfoom said:

Depends on the manager, to be honest.

Klopp, Koeman, Pochetino off the top are certainly going to make you better as far as development goes.

LVG... he, a lot like Jose, expect the finished product cause they can't be bothered with that kind of stuff.  Which is why he insisted on throwing Rashford out there as a teenager even as a winger, just to have him on the field.

Brendan used to do the same with Sterling as a number 9.

But despite the fact that he captained Red Star Belgrade as an 18/19 year old to a league title and he scored a worldie against Barca this preseason, we have seen Marko Grujic yet.  Cause Klopp is developing him.

Same reason he put the stipulation out there that a player on loan will play 60% of the minutes.

He has a plan.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Depends on the manager, to be honest.

Klopp, Koeman, Pochetino off the top are certainly going to make you better as far as development goes.

LVG... he, a lot like Jose, expect the finished product cause they can't be bothered with that kind of stuff.  Which is why he insisted on throwing Rashford out there as a teenager even as a winger, just to have him on the field.

Brendan used to do the same with Sterling as a number 9.

Boss timing as always lil' bro'!: Klopp: Liverpool is the best place for any player wanting to fulfil his potential - Liverpool Echo

Man I couldn't love that man ANY more!

Hail. 

*Edit* #doingittherightwayandstillwinningtheleague

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DC9 said:

EXCELLENT listen.  I love dudes who have fun and are entertaining while knowing what they're talking about.  A rare commodity these days.

The Wrap lads are unparalleled. Probably why they keep picking up all those darn awards haha. 

If you want my log in details to keep you 'entertained' whilst you're 'off the grid' early 2017, you know where I am. 

Hail.