Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

SDBgQTeL_bigger.jpegAndy Heaton ‏@Andrew_Heaton 36m

Nice to see Liverpool following Chelsea's example of beating any old ****e by five goals.

Hail. 

Fair point made by TAW post match... Everton just folded up.  At least Watford put in a shift and got one back, could've been 2 for them had Karius not brought his a-game.

Vardy on the bench here and Mahrez bang out of form.  Interested to see if LCFC can break down the Pulis bus.

Rondon sure as **** is awful.  Can't believe I ever wanted him... must've been the Rodgers residue...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Good luck, brother.  Beautiful weather the last couple of days down here isn't it?  Mid 40s to mid 50s is perfect for football in my opinion.  Just short of seeing your breath.  Give the ladies our best.

Thank you my friend. And, yes, the weather has been ideal for soccer. Those 85 degree days drain me just pacing the sideline in the sun. Gotta believe it's 5 times worse for the ladies running around.

• Like 2

So that's another 5 unbeaten in this latest run between International breaks. 4 wins, 1 draw. 14 scored. 5 conceded. With the summit ascended for the first clear time this season and progress to another League Cup quarter final tucked away. Bringing up 12 games unbeaten since the complete, season anomaly of Burnley. 10 wins, 2 draws. 36 goals scored through this run with only 10 conceded. And at that only one of those 12 games the opposition has scored more than once in. 

10 different goal scorers the league, with 6 of them on 3 or more goals. The same number chipping in with assists.Top goal scorers and leading the list in most every attacking category. Blistering football that's completely unmatched to this point by any team in the Country and it's happening game after game after game with supposed banana skins being thrown up as the one L'pool will slip on each week. All comfortably swatted aside with ease. If there's a team even close to the level these Reds are currently at over the first 11 games I'd love to hear about them. They must be some side. Even when there's the complete side changed around against Tottenham, the massive difference in depth with another major rival was on full display as nothing changed. So well versed in what they're doing and what's expected are the whole squad. These Reds are fast rivalling Kenny's great '87/'88 side which is the best L'pool side I've ever had the privilege to watch. Who for the record where 10 wins and a draw after 11 games with 31 scored and 6 conceded. The absolute all out, heart stopping excitement and 100% belief you're not only going to win every game you play, but by how much, has certainly not been like this since that side. 

And the frightening thing? They're not anywhere near 100% right now. Still could tighten up and stop the carless goals. Still could take more chances and really destroy teams. There's more gears to move through as this progresses. 

With a run of only Southampton and Everton away the only tougher looking games bookending home matches with Sunderland, West Ham and Stoke and trips to Bournemouth and Middlesbrough; by the time we face City the last day of 2016, all things being equal, we could well be sat in a fantastic position. City have Chelsea and Arsenal at home and a trip to the Champions to face before then to name but three. Chelsea City, Tottenham and the big derby for them with West Ham in back-to-back games. Arsenal trips to both Manchester clubs. And 'Spurs trips to Chelsea and Utd. 

One game at a time but is there honestly ANYONE left out there who STILL doesn't believe L'pool are a SERIOUS threat to FINALLY bag their 19th title?

Up the making it a joy to be alive, top of the MF tree Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

We're buying at least one in January, probably two.  Don't worry.  I want him to be happy here, so let him go if he wants.

How could Pulisic NOT want to be a part of this?

How could ANYONE NOT want to play for the best manager on the face of the planet?

How could ANYONE NOT want to be Red? Soz abar you like if you aren't and don't feel this MF boss with life and your team!

Hail. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Thank you my friend. And, yes, the weather has been ideal for soccer. Those 85 degree days drain me just pacing the sideline in the sun. Gotta believe it's 5 times worse for the ladies running around.

Tell the girls to suck it up and keep working or I'mma send Jürgen over! Then they'll know what running and throwing up is! :silly:

Hail. 

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How could Pulisic NOT want to be a part of this?

How could ANYONE NOT want to play for the best manager on the face of the planet?

How could ANYONE NOT want to be Red? Soz abar you like if you aren't and don't feel this MF boss with life and your team!

Hail. 

Seen Aleix Vidal mentioned by David O' and Tony Barrett has said we're looking for a "wide player" for January.

Also suspect that Joe Gomez is getting work at CB for Matip going to AFCON.

43 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Seen Aleix Vidal mentioned by David O' and Tony Barrett has said we're looking for a "wide player" for January.

Also suspect that Joe Gomez is getting work at CB for Matip going to AFCON.

Matip isn't going anywhere bro'. He's on a self imposed International exile and doesn't even speak to the Cameroon manager. Let alone play for him. Hasn't played for Cameroon in over a year. Only Mané we'll lose January.

Can't see any FB being signed personally. Certainly not a RB. Trent A-A is more than adequate cover for Clyne IMHO. He wasn't looking the summer down to Trent and I don't believe he's looking now. 

Personally hoping Gomez gets a loan move January to build his strength and fitness up so he's ready to come back at full go pre-season. We're sound there with Klavan abs Lucas backing up the main two. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Great win for Liverpool. Although I'd like to see them score some ugly goals. Every goal being a candidate for goal of the month doesn't feel right. :ols:

There's still work to do.  Seen this one from one of the Boateng brothers that was ridiculous.

This might be the most ridiculous interplay I've ever seen.

Just what in the living piss is this from the match today?

CwlTGhSWEAAa-Lu.jpg

Some absolute crank, wearing sunnies on a grey, gloomy day looking like he's on day release from Broadgreen mental hossy, pushing a skeleton and a dog that looks like it's pleading for someone to save it in a pram! 

Seriously, WTF is going on there?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Tottenham sure seems to love draws.  I guess better than a loss.  Still the only unbeaten team in BPL.

Liverpool killed it today and are playing real well for you guys this year.  Going to be a dogfight all year.  Spurs need to get some wins and not all these damn ties.  Everyone getting 3 and we're only getting 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

There's still work to do.  Seen this one from one of the Boateng brothers that was ridiculous.

This might be the most ridiculous interplay I've ever seen.

When you score six it's strange to be critical but there were at least ten that were missed after the hard work was done. 27 shots today, 17 on target.

That said, the sixth goal today was pretty damn good.

• Like 2

What a fine Sunday!

After a beautifully stirring first half, getting ready ready for church with the full family, as my eldest is back for fall break from Clemson, I got to catch the 4th goal. By the time I get to the car and flip on the SiriusXM radio, it's 5-0! Snuck a peek during sermon to see the final, ecstatic that Gini was able to net his first as a Red!

After a quick bite, it was off to the playoffs, facing a team we'd bested 2-0 in season, but who had just beaten a very good team the day before in the tournament opener. One of our young guns (first season with us) got us on the sheet 10 mins in on an ugly goal from about 35 yards out that bounced over the keepers head. I had told her just before kickoff that this field was hardscrabble and bouncy, and their keeper wasn't the most athletic, so take some chances. She just smiled and pointed at me after the goal. Got a second 8 minutes later off a nice cross and finish. The girls held tight the second half, though there were some tenuous times late, including one off the bar. Another 2-0 win! We face the other team in our group, who we haven't faced yet, on Thursday evening for a spot in the semis.

A wonderful Red and Yellow Sunday, capped off with a wonderful dinner to celebrate my baby's 17th.

Onward Reds! Onward Wildcats! (My girls)

Championships are in the offing!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

A wonderful Red and Yellow Sunday, capped off with a wonderful dinner to celebrate my baby's 17th.

Onward Reds! Onward Wildcats! (My girls)

Championships are in the offing!

Congrats!  End of the season is always bittersweet.  Normally the teams are playing at their best and it all ends to quickly.  Best of luck to your young ladies brother. ;)

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

:ols: God. I forgot he existed. 

Has he even played for them yet?

Hail. 

I don't know... I don't think so.  But Klopp deserves a stab at knighthood for getting 20 million plus for he and Jordon Ibe.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

When you score six it's strange to be critical but there were at least ten that were missed after the hard work was done. 27 shots today, 17 on target.

That said, the sixth goal today was pretty damn good.

Was proud of Sturridge yesterday.  Just one bit of laziness but he gave effort and really wanted that goal.  Hard to say Gini didn't deserve one, but Sturridge definitely does and when he gets going it'll be great to see.

We'll need him in January when Mane is at AFCON.

14 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

2016 has seen quite the transformation at LFC:

And there's still a long way to go and room for a lot more improvement. 

Exciting times 

Hail. 

Remember most of that the end of last year was basically the U-23s cause of all of the cup competitions.

• Like 2