Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

32 minutes ago, DC9 said:

That's a big 3 points to stay level with the top of the table.

HUGE win in a proverbial house of horrors for us.

WALK ON

WALK ON

WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEARTS

AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

BIG win at Selhurst.

These newer, mightier Reds breaking down old barriers!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

BIG win at Selhurst.

These newer, mightier Reds breaking down old barriers!

As long as we take a match seriously we can beat anyone.  And yes, I mean anyone.

On to Watford!

HUGE check on the first half of this London two-step weekend.

Might be the first time since I lived in Alaska that I'll be watching a Redskins game before premier league football (Late at night then lol)

On 10/27/2016 at 11:09 AM, Old Bay said:

I swear you keep trying to convert me to a Red. ;) Though, I will say it was a near run thing at one point in time.  When I picked up FIFA for the first time and started my soccer introduction I played with Liverpool, mainly because they were fast at the time.  I became a Gary McCallister fan right away.  He played way better than his terrible ranking. 

Indeed, Anfield Wrap is quality.  I listen to OneFootball which is decent, though lean a little toward German-centric news (where it's based).

Give "the True Geordie" a listen.  Obviously a big Newcastle fan but he talks all about English football.

Absolutely not suitable for work, though.

On 10/28/2016 at 11:43 AM, Elessar78 said:

2 months to the day that opponent broke my leg. Today, stood without crutches and put on a shoe on that foot at physical therapy. Another milestone. Range of motion and strength keeps coming back more everyday and every PT session.

Surgeon says it'll be 4-6 months before I'm back to playing, but I'll probably be away from a competitive match for longer. 

That is such good news (for what has happened to you).  Just keep moving forward one day at a time and get better.  Check your PM.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2016 at 6:05 PM, Long n Left said:

Moreno gonna Moreno.

On 29/10/2016 at 6:09 PM, DC9 said:

Almost gave up 2 in as many minutes.

Love Jurgen, but he shouldn't waste his time on that reclemation.

Just got in after a long weekend so I'll write something in a bit but I thought Moreno was a lot better again yesterday. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2016 at 11:43 AM, Elessar78 said:

2 months to the day that opponent broke my leg. Today, stood without crutches and put on a shoe on that foot at physical therapy. Another milestone. Range of motion and strength keeps coming back more everyday and every PT session.

Surgeon says it'll be 4-6 months before I'm back to playing, but I'll probably be away from a competitive match for longer. 

Make a deal with you, here on the site (so it can't be taken back).

When you start PT, you post here what you have to go through on a daily basis.  I will supplement my normal workout with your regiment.  You won't go through your recovery alone, I am happy to go through it with you.

• Like 1

Better late than never .....

Well that was another superb day out watching Jürgen's mighty Reds. Is there ANY more entertaining side in the Country than this L'pool side? Palace was the FIFTH time we've scored 4 or more goals in a game AWAY from home under Klopp. Two games more than the next on that list, City and Tottenham. Joint top scorers in the league with 24 goals through 10 games and not one of them has come via our best striker Daniel Sturridge! Some of the pulsating, attacking football these Reds are producing is ridiculous. How Palace, who aren't a bad side by any stretch of the imagination, particularly at home, and who played well Sat'day; DIDN'T go in at the break having conceded 6 or 7 only the football Gods know ..... They must of been SO relieved to have the break from the waves of (insert whatever vomit worthy blinding colour that away monstrosity abomination is) shirts relentlessly swarming at their goal. 

This Liverpool side are, on current form, coupled with the breathtaking brand of football they're playing, the best side in the Country bar none! And, more importantly, they genuinely believe they are that by the passing game and fear NOBODY!

I said it Friday leading up to Palace ..... What is the NEXT massive test these Reds are gonna' be accused of having to overcome with the (continually naive) finger pointing questions over them? They've gone and comfortably won at 2 of the big boys in Arsenal and Chelsea. Completely played another major player off the park on their own patch, deserving far more than the draw 'Spurs escaped with. Comfortably dealt with Mourinho and his brand of ale house bus parking football. Come back from behind to win at Swansea where they were supposedly gonna' slip up. The same with the anti-football dinosaur Pulis and his archaic way of playing. That was going to derail them and they wouldn't cope in the air. But they did without barely breaking sweat. Then it was Palace and Benteke that would be the banana skin as L'pool wouldn't cope with the physicality and aerial bombardment. But they did. But still the questions are being asked ..... 

Seriously, if there's ANYONE that still DOESN'T think these Reds are SERIOUS title contenders they need to give their head a massive frigging wobble! 9 wins and 2 draws from the lat 11 games. 31 goals scored. 10 conceded. Teams being blown away in droves with opposition manager after opposition manager saying little before games and then heaping massive praise after on not being able to cope with the best side they've faced all year is becoming an all too familiar pattern. 

I honestly wasn't bothered in the slightest to be going in at only 3-2 for a half Palace had two attacks from and scored twice down to some woeful defending from Lovren and questionable goalkeeping from Karius on the first. (Did he lose track of his bearings and think he was outside the area? Only explanation I have as to why his arms were down by his side.). Because for the rest of the first 45, Liverpool were simply irresistible going the other way. And these Reds, these exhilarating, goal hungry Reds, are also developing a real steal about them to do the other side. The start the second half for a 15/ 20 minute spell, Palace had a real good go and threw everything Pardew knew at them. And they stood firm, grafted, then went again and ended with another very comfortable victory in a another game they more or less completely bossed. Special shout out for Alby Moreno who, bar the second Palace goal he cold of gotten tighter on the wing (that hands behind the back B/S needs binning and fast!), had another very impressive game standing in for the injured Milner. Excellent in attack and not too much of a concern defensively which is massive for him. Matip outstanding again. Henderson just totally bossing everything in there. Mane superb and very unlucky not to add a goal. And the two Brazilians ..... 11/10 the pair. Currently the best two players in the league and it's not even close. 

These Reds are currently racking up 2.3 points a game. 2.5 points per game since the one complete anomaly to this season. The loss at Burnley 8 games ago. That's title winning form and then some. Joint top the league having played by far the hardest schedule and swatting aside all comers that they are unbelievably still being questioned on going in. 

Continue to underestimate L'pool at your peril. Continue to not think they're serious title challengers all you like. But these Reds are special. These Reds are as good as anything in this league. Playing the best brand of attacking football of anyone in the league. These Reds are serious contenders. These Reds are SERIOUS!

And the frightening thing? ..... They aren't near 100% and have scope to get a LOT better. 

Up the making it a joy to be a Liverpudlian Reds!

Hail. 

*Edit* And the absolute base hilarity of Palace belting out the tin pot lower league 'You're not singing anymore! You're not sing ....' as Lovren headed us back in front to cut them dead mid song.

You couldn't of scripted/ timed that better if you'd tried. :rofl89::rofl89:

*Double Edit* Whoever had the absolutely BRILLIANT idea of hosting the Croydon Beer Festival within a 10 minute walk of Selhurst ..... Give that man a raise! Quite the afternoon was had in there haha. 

• Like 3

Liverpool: Jürgen Klopp’s Fluid Reds - Are There Any Positions? - The Anfield Wrap

Very good read on the way we're playing. 

9 times out 10 how do you stop this? Seriously, how do you stop this? There's just too many bodies coming at you from all angles. Firmino's the main man, so you try take him out. Then there's Lallana streaking past you, so you pass him over to the next man. Then Mane has popped up through the middle streaking in behind. WTF did he come from. He was on the right the last time you looked! And on and on ..... It looks so hap hazard but it's so highly organised it's untrue when you watch some of the training we have been allowed to see that you see out played out in a game. 

Opposing defenders and mangers must be having fits leading up to facing these Reds. 

LONG may it continue to be this exhilarating.

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2016 at 6:43 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just got in after a long weekend so I'll write something in a bit but I thought Moreno was a lot better again yesterday. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

He was BETTER.  So he wasn't dreadful, only awful.

Zaha is not easy to deal with, but he was a combination of far-past-cowardly (on the cross for the second goal - just sat up there 10 feet off with his arms behind his back telegraphing his intentions) and far-past-brave-and-into-mental-retardation the start of the 2nd half he got the ball and drove across the face of goal through the 18 right in front of Karius with Zaha right on him.  Was just unimpressed with some of his stuff.

He's always been good going forward, and he was good enough to help beat Palace, but he'll need to get much better if he's to replace Jimmy.

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Louis Garcia's Halloween Instagram ..... LOL! (Or maybe not if you're of a Chelsea persuasion. Or your name is Mourinho.). 

Hail. 

That is amazing :ols:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*Edit* And the absolute base hilarity of Palace belting out the tin pot lower league 'You're not singing anymore! You're not sing ....' as Lovren headed us back in front to cut them dead mid song.

You couldn't of scripted/ timed that better if you'd tried. :rofl89::rofl89:

*Double Edit* Whoever had the absolutely BRILLIANT idea of hosting the Croydon Beer Festival within a 10 minute walk of Selhurst ..... Give that man a raise! Quite the afternoon was had in there haha. 

I loved that too.  Came across well in the Spanish broadcast I've been forced to watch the last two weeks.

Had Hopkins made the FG in OT that may have been a top 5 weekend all time for me if I had gone to both.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DC9 said:

Had Hopkins made the FG in OT that may have been a top 5 weekend all time for me if I had gone to both.

Really enjoyed the live gridiron experience. 

Like soccer, a completely different perspective when you get to see the whole field and not just what the TV focuses in on.  First time in 22 Wembley visits I've not been there to support L'pool so that was weird and added to a completely different experience. Although it did take some adjusting to finally settle on keeping your eyes on the field or the big screen haha. 

And all these friendly fans of all the different teams mixing and having a great time instead of groups of moody lads trying to look dead hard ready for opposing fans and wondering how they're gone' bunk in the game without a ticket .... WTF is all that about? :rofl89:. Although I did love that you could take your drink to your seat. One of the most f-ed up laws around is the one that only applies to soccer games/ fans that you can't be in possession of alcohol in view of the pitch. Even if you're behind glass in a box that officials still applies. The complete hypocrisy and discrimination of that not applying to the NFL game was a pleasant and welcome surprise. 

Excellent weekend. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

On 10/29/2016 at 8:05 PM, DC9 said:

Give "the True Geordie" a listen.  Obviously a big Newcastle fan but he talks all about English football.

Absolutely not suitable for work, though.

Yeah, I listen to him.  Though I have to turn it off sometimes.  I do wish he'd get a little more into soccer than other stuff, lol.

• Like 2