Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

What about cup ties?

Only cup ties that are being shown live on the tv and a few others if your lucky. Big teams like Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea are pretty much guaranteed to be posted on there though no matter who they're playing. 

Essentially, if a game is being streamed it'll be up there in good quality. Its very good. 

12 minutes ago, DC9 said:

What about cup ties?

Derby away. Sweet. Could of been WAY worse with all the long Southern trips in the hat. And 'slightly' nearer than their near neighbours Burton haha. 

Virtually the same journey as yesterday. Very happy with that. Not played Derby for a good few years either since they were last up so it'll be good to go back there. 

Hail. 

*Edit* God, Boxing Day 2007 the last time we went Pride Park. Didn't realise it had been THAT long. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Only cup ties that are being shown live on the tv and a few others if your lucky. Big teams like Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea are pretty much guaranteed to be posted on there though no matter who they're playing. 

Essentially, if a game is being streamed it'll be up there in good quality. Its very good. 

I caught it on tv last night but I'll always have a stream unless I'm at work.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*Edit* God, Boxing Day 2007 the last time we went Pride Park. Didn't realise it had been THAT long. 

Haven't even seen them play in a couple of years.  They played a back five last I saw.

Balotelli travels to Nice for transfer talks as Liverpool exit edges closer - Goal.com 

Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. 

On 23 August 2016 at 1:57 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

Been looking up flights and lodging this past week in thinking about a trip to England. Really wouldnt be awful to go over for a week with my wife, though would be a couple of years down the road. The thought of seeing an actual game at Goodison, or probably the new stadium at that point, is very exciting.

IF you're super nice to me the next few years, and it times up, I may be able to sort out Derby tickets. But that's down the road. We'll see how it meshes when you decide. And if you've been good!

Sorry lid, Taking him at face value, this one's a non-starter:

gKEvCXwg_reasonably_small.png
Sky Sports News HQ– yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAAFAAYAAAIFjI+pawUAOw==Verified account ?@SkySportsNewsHQ

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0n

BREAKING: Everton manager Ronald Koeman says he has "no interest" in Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart. #SSNHQ
6:08 am - 25 Aug 2016
312 RETWEETS269 LIKES.

Hail. 

• Like 3

Chelsea linked with everyone under the sun...and with nly 6 days left in the transfer window the inevitable disappointment is just around the corner.  The only one I really want to happen is ricardo rodriguez.  Would finally be able to knock ivanovic out of the starting rotation and move azpi over to his favored right side.

Don't see it happening though.  Hopefully Zouma comes back fit, we need defenders. 

18 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

IF you're super nice to me the next few years, and it times up, I may be able to sort out Derby tickets. But that's down the road. We'll see how it meshes. And if you've been good!

Sorry lid, Taking him at face value, this one's a non-starter:
BREAKING: Everton manager Ronald Koeman says he has "no interest" in Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart. #SSNHQ
6:08 am - 25 Aug 2016

Ill take you up on that man! ;D

Yeah it would seem so, too bad would be a big upgrade. I really hope we bring in a keeper before the close of the transfer window.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Chelsea linked with everyone under the sun...and with nly 6 days left in the transfer window the inevitable disappointment is just around the corner.  The only one I really want to happen is ricardo rodriguez.  Would finally be able to knock ivanovic out of the starting rotation and move azpi over to his favored right side.

Don't see it happening though.  Hopefully Zouma comes back fit, we need defenders. 

Age old problem since Bosman changed things. Clubs know you're now desperate the end of a window and the price rockets. (A second bid of £35 million just been turned down by Milan for Romagnoli as per Sky. Who I would well swerve personally.). 

Chelsea have made an absolute pigs ear of the last two summer windows. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

SO envious of Leicester fans right now. Porto, Brugge and Copenhagen are absolutely boss trips. Even if Copenhagen is pricey. Lucky so and so's! I'd of LOVED those. 

SO glad I'm not an Arsenal fan. PSG and Basel are two of the worst sets of hooligans in Europe. Be safe there boys. Ludogorets is a 'meh' but at least Sofia is cheap as chips. Just grey and dull. 

City I'd be well happy with. Barcelona and Monchengladbach would be boss. And Celtic is a handy one. 

Tottenham I'd be mixed on. Moscow's a complete pain in the arse with visa's, distance and cost. Leverkusen and Nice/ Monaco are great trips. 

*Note to self. Need to STOP beating self up on lack of European trips this year.

Hail. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Man I cant wait for Saturday. Gotta admit, the more I hear Koeman talk the more excited I get for the next game.

How great is it to have someone that makes you believe? That excitement of not being able to wait to go/ watch the next game? 

Said it the summer. The top four managers in England are all working within a 35 mile radius of each other for me. And with absolutely no disrespect to what the two in Manchester have won, I'll take the crazy German and Dutch fella' over them ANY day of the week. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Balotelli travels to Nice for transfer talks as Liverpool exit edges closer - Goal.com
Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. Please sign. 

GHH:chair::P The evil empier got lucky on the CL draw

Edited by FrFan

9 minutes ago, FrFan said:

GHH:chair::P The evil empier got lucky on the CL draw

How about Leicester. They couldn't have gotten an easier draw if they picked it themselves.

I see that Spurs vs Pool this weekend.  That will be one to watch for sure.  I could easily see 3 or 4 goals apiece (and that's just the first half:ols:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

How great is it to have someone that makes you believe? That excitement of not being able to wait to go/ watch the next game? 

Said it the summer. The top four managers in England are all working within a 35 mile radius of each other for me. And with absolutely no disrespect to what the two in Manchester have won, I'll take the crazy German and Dutch fella' over them ANY day of the week. 

Hail. 

Its nice man. Of course I was excited how Martinez started, so I dont want to gloss over that. But I love his style, he is demanding of his players, hes blunt and tells it like it is. Its basically a culture change for us and we have the talent to be very effective, we needed some new talent and mostly good depth so you dont have a big drop off. Still biggest needs currently are another striker and a keeper.

So nice to not have guys like Osman and Hibbert coming off the bench. Those guys had no business on the field.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
I dont have to explain myself to you.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, btfoom said:

How about Leicester. They couldn't have gotten an easier draw if they picked it themselves.

I see that Spurs vs Pool this weekend.  That will be one to watch for sure.  I could easily see 3 or 4 goals apiece (and that's just the first half:ols:

Joe UK had to do a piece on the Leicester draw cause so many were convinced it was staged. lol

And the Hammers did a typical London... the only thing they've won recently is the lottery for the Olympic stadium

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Gary Lineker interviewing Jurgen Klopp last night on the BBC.

This is why he's so adored. A VERY worthwhile fun 13 minutes of anyones time:

Hail. 

That was a great watch... grounded, aspirational, motivated, funny, philosophic.  Seems like a great guy all around.  I'd buy a book on the Tao of Klopp...

• Like 2

Liverpool have made an £11m offer for Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's 17-year-old winger.

Never saw that one coming..

Hail.

• Like 1

Melissa Reddy ‏@MelissaReddy_ 10m10 minutes ago
#LFC's interest in Christian Pulisic makes sense on several levels. Effective in and out of possession. Strong dribbler, speedy, versatile

Melissa Reddy ‏@MelissaReddy_ 4m4 minutes ago
Pulisic also contributes well defensively and is very confident in his attributes. Stylistically perfect with plenty of potential to unlock

Melissa Reddy Retweeted

XAhuDrZK_bigger.jpegJohn Bennett ‏@JohnBennettBBC 8m8 minutes ago
Met Pulisic's Dad, who works at #BVB, when I interviewed Aubameyang last year. Told me Klopp was brilliant for his son. Very talented. #LFC

Hail. 
  • Like 1