Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Not sure why King Kenny would take a demotion, but...

LFC Liverpool FC ‏@Liverpool_FC_ 3m3 minutes ago

CiR1vOBXAAAxpjK.jpg

I love that man to bits. Not just for what he done on the pitch and as the manager of my team. But for the dignity, compassion and self sacrifice he displayed in this City's darkest hour in taking on the grief of a whole City and c throwing his door completely open to anyone that needed it to the point it eventually wore him that down his own health suffered and he had to walk away from the job he loved. And he's continued to show that right to this day. The single greatest person this City's ever known IMHO. And he's not even strictly speaking from here. 

But my view on the calls for him to be knighted .....

He should have one. But if he got offered it.,I'd like him to say 'Thanks but no thanks. Yers can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!' 

As Margaret Aspinall and Trevor Hicks should of done with their CBE honour IMHO. 

Bending down on one knee before the Queen after Her Majesty's Constabulary, Her Majesty's Coroners, Her Majesty's Judiciary et all, all participated in the single worst cover up in British history and many of whom benefited for the Establishment she's the figure head of protecting them ..... F that ****!

I appreciate not everyone will share the same view, and the campaign for Kenny to be knighted is growing, but nobody should be accepting any 'hollow' honours after what they've put this City through the last 27 years IMO. 

But then that's just my opinion and I'm probably not the best to comment on this without emotion. Sorry. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 4

Guess Can's as worthy as anyone else. 

Hail. 

German bias? :lol:

Real talk, he's a quality player.  I think with a tweak or two he's world class.  Head and shoulder above any other center mid on the team and he's got a motor that just keeps going.

I think Mignolet or Moreno would've been the only bad answer of the original 11.

Sakho would've been inappropriate.  Any of the other 8 you could make an argument for at any given stretch this season.

• Like 1

Men in Blazers 05/05/16: Jurgen Klopp Pod Special

Men In Blazers

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/262629841-meninblazers-men-in-blazers-050516-jurgen-klopp-pod-special.mp3

Rog traveled to England and spoke with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp about his leadership strategies, goals for the club and connection to the city.

Subscribe the podcast http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenInBlazers

----

Sent from Podcast Republic 2.8.1

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

I watched it. It just confirmed what I already suspected...I love Klopp!!

**edit** I did not listen to the podcast (yet) I watched the hourlong interview with him and one of the men in blazers. It was really good. I imagine it is the same content...

Edited by jobaga

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36281699

^ Czech referees get banned by their FA after refereeing a game while noticable drunk! In fairness to them beer is really cheap and good in Prague!

In other news De Boer steps down as Ajax boss, already linked with Everton. Hard to really grade De Boer as a manager as Ajax should be challenging for titles and they have a philosophy on how Ajax should play football already in place.

• Like 1

Bayern. We're starting with Gotze.

Hail. 

LOL.  That is exactly what I expect from a mid-table side.  Buying the left-overs from a top European Club.  That is your only ambition, to get the players the top sides don't want anymore.  Nice.

But before you buy, you need to go ask you daddy (aka the Boston Red Sox) if you are allowed to spend that much money.  Becasue you know, Pool answer to the Boston Red Sox because they sold out to them.  Better cry and beg really loud, or they may not hear you from across the pond.  

...and Goetze won't go to a side that won't be playing in Europe.  Guarantee that.

<funny gif showing chemical burn>

the best part is that they can't argue the truth.  LOL.  At lest Arsenal doesn't need a sugar daddy.

Pool reminds me of an old joke:

Guy in a bar asks the blonde if she will sleep with him for a million dollars.  She agrees.

He then asks her to sleep with him for ten dollars.  She says "Do you think I am a whore?". 

He replies, "We have already established that, we are now negotiating over money."

For the Pool folks here (who I'm sure don't get it), you are the woman and the Red Sox are the guy.  Makes me laugh every time. :D

Edited by btfoom

Dude- bt- you boozing tonight?

Tell me again how you're homegrown after spending 30m quid on a teenager. Hummels? Always one of yours, I'm sure.

No one raids their only competitor in a league like BM. It is like German clockwork.

• Like 2

One more game to this mad season?:

Liverpool & West Ham could face Europa League play-off - BBC Sport

That said, we'll be in the Champions League this time next week so it won't matter.  :D .

Both Huddersfield and Tranmere now talking about pre-season and trying to box off a date so that's promising. And it's looking like they're settling on Barcelona at Wembley. The day before the Charity Shield. Us and (potentially) Utd down in London for a weekend .... Oh what joy!  :(.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Klopp will hit Liverpool FC players with triple training sessions in pre-season - Liverpool Echo

Three-a-days! Work yer ****ers haha. Apparently at Dortmund they went before breakfast, then again late morning, and rounded off 11 a-side early evening. 

And related, another member of Munich's fitness staff joining: 

Liverpool poach another of Bayern’s fitness staff as Klopp plans gruelling pre-season - This Is Anfield

Hail. 

*Edit* WHY do all these folk want to leave super Bayern to come to lil' Liverpool? Very strange. Maybe they must want to actually experience European finals instead of living of tales of semi defeats?

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

For note it's Europa.... We're sorry the Arsenal, Bayerns, etc aspire to compete at the highest level in Europe. Perhaps they can make a exception so Barca, Bayern, Real, Wolfsburg,Atletico, etc can hop in now and play. Personally I'd rather go out in semi of CL(even if we shouldn't have loss) then push the idea my team is moving ahead of CL teams because I made a second tier tourney final. If and when you win that the big boys will around to help pull you up the latter to the VIP level.

Btw you are poaching the fitness staff of one of the most injury riddled teams in Europe the last 2-3 seasons. It was hot topic for Bayern fans. They know Carlos is gonna kick them out the door. I guarantee it's not because they want to be in a Europa final. Especially when Bayern will be heavy favorites next year.

What's funny to me is in Richmond you got Utd, Bayern, Celtic, Arsenal, and Liverpool groups. I've regularly go into the Liverpool pub to watch Batern games(In jersey with my Bavaria flag bandana) and Liverpool folk just chat with me about Bunda. Never have they tried to attack Bayern. They hate Arsenal though(I even saw a Utd fan in the pub once.). But it's the same with the other groups except one. The Richmond Gooners always give me **** and it's hilarious. My buds in the group said they can only 2 games with them a year because they are so delusional. Yet you look at this thread it's clear who are delusional lol.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

The bavarian troll is in rare form.

Amazing that he laid of WellRed's Polish post.

EDIT:  My apologies to the Czech's.  They should still be on alert.

Edited by DC9

For note it's Europa.... We're sorry the Arsenal, Bayerns, etc aspire to compete at the highest level in Europe.

And the Celtics, and Reals, and the Man Uniteds...

I'm sure if you look hard enough Galatasary is somewhere in your family tree.

Pretty sure suggesting Liverpool is moving ahead of Bayern. Or even Atletico, Arsenal, real, Barca, etc is the ultimate trolling.

We are ahead all of those except Barca.

Read much?

• Like 1

In trophies yes but as far as relevance no. Liverpool aspires to get to the CL. The tourney you are trying to win gets you into the big boy tourney. The rest of us are already here waiting to pull you up when you get up the ladder. We're playing monopoly in the treehouse while you still climbing the ladder.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

For note it's Europa.... 

Oh Richmond. You're SO one of the Sky generation. 

The Europa League is the UEFA Cup. In the same way the Champions League is the European Cup. And the frigging Premier League is the same as it always has been. Same competitions however you dress them up. 

We win next Wednesday, we won't have three UEFA Cups and one Europa League. We'll have ****ing four period!

That's bush league talk the same way Utd fans desperately try to throw out the crap about L'pool never winning the PL League. 

But then football never did start until 1992. And being well versed in Manc B/S rhetoric I'm not surprised. 

Hail. 

In trophies yes but as far as relevance no. Liverpool aspires to get to the CL. The tourney you are trying to win gets you into the big boy tourney. The rest of us are already here waiting to pull you up when you get up the ladder.

Relevance? 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The rest of us?

I don't think you guys are going to be getting any help from any other fan base.  You've already alienated yourselves well.  And no one knows who you really are... depending on the day.

More appropriately this should read "Liverpool are waiting for their next European trophy while Munich celebrate another Bundesliga title".

Relevance.... :lol:

• Like 1

In trophies yes but as far as relevance no. Liverpool aspires to get to the CL. The tourney you are trying to win gets you into the big boy tourney. The rest of us are already here waiting to pull you up when you get up the ladder. We're playing monopoly in the treehouse while you still climbing the ladder.

Dude. When ever you do get off yer arse and go to the places you plan to visit in Europe, and talk to the people there, come back and tell us how 'relevant' Liverpool Football Club still are in Europe. 

It'll be a WHOLLY different tale than the one you're trying to spin now. 

THAT is what a history, that is continually being written, does for you. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Why do you even bother? It's like trying to convince Donald Trump he's not a chump with bad hair. 

• Like 1