Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Very high on Gomez as well.  BR says he's staying to contribute and won't be taking a loan spell.  Finally some depth at that position with Clyne, Gomez, Flanno, and Moreno.

Need a young center half to step up into the rotation and we'll be good to go back there once they get their **** together.

I thought Gomez is a center back? I was hoping Wisdom would make a run at the center back depth issue. I think he can be an above average defender in the EPL. Hopefully he'll take a nice step forward this year.

Delph back to City on, having a medical apparently. £8m which is very good value for City IMO.....but...

And so ends another England career......

Delph is gonna take some abuse for this and rightly so..

Disagree that its the end of his English career though. He's already solidified the fact he's a starter for England with his performances imo and I don't see this move ending in a Scott Sinclair/Jack Rodwell type disaster, more like a James Milner (a.k.a.Yorkshire Figo) type role. He'll start the odd game and do well. No doubt in my mind he's better than Fernando and Fernandinho all the same though.

He's now at his correct level imo but I'd have personally preferred to see him at a club like Liverpool or Spurs where he'd have a better chance to make an impact.

• Like 1

Presumably he was promised they'd begin building a team to compete further up the league with him at the centre of it. Then one week later they go and flog their star striker to a league rival. He must have looked around at training and thought 'do I want to be in a relegation scrap or double my money and play in the Champions League?' 

Given, Vlaar, Delph, Cleverley and Benteke. That's the spine of their team gone. Got to be looking at relegation next season as it stands. 

It still isn't right how he's gone about it but I think its slightly understandable where he's coming from. He was crazy to turn them down the first time. He'll get all the abuse he deserves though. 

I thought Gomez is a center back? I was hoping Wisdom would make a run at the center back depth issue. I think he can be an above average defender in the EPL. Hopefully he'll take a nice step forward this year.

That's where he wants to play ultimately but he''s been playing RB at Charlton just to get a game. Played both FB slots this tour. 

I know we've only played garbage men in Thailand and little better in Oz, but he just looks like he belongs yer know? Really, really impressed. Not seen this much composure from a 17/ 18 year old stepping up since Robbie Jones. Comfortable  going forward, and strong and solid as a rock defensively. 

He might well be a pleasant surprise. 

Origi on the other hand ..... don't bank on much. He's a LONG way away and I don't think he ever will be at the top level to be brutaly honest. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

BR can turn anyone into a fullback.  But he was out there today as a fullback opposite Clyne.

Once a red, ALWAYS a red!

Hail. 

Yeah, I tweeted that to Phil Hecken of uniwatch.  Not sure it got any run.

Saw that last night.

Not gonna lie, I got goosebumps. That enthusiasm is so infectious

I hate LA Galaxy, too, man...

They suck at the beginning of the season... then they go and get Stevie G and Giovani Dos Santos... and now they are fighting with the Chicago Fire to see who gets Drogba.

And we're just hoping Fabian Espindola can stay healthy/not get another red card here in DC :lol:

I'll always root for Stevie, though.

• Like 1

I like Benteke but I'm not so sure he fits at LFC. As I said before, I'd be way more of scared of you guys with Lacazette or Reus.

You think he's first choice over Sturridge?

Also, I think it's impressive how quickly you guys get deals done.

AW drags his ass like a zombie

Agree

Sturridge can not be counted on until he proves he can stay healthy.

This year's approach has been a departure from years past. I believe this year has been about putting butts in the new stands and creating a sense on financial muscle.

• Like 1