Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I had Bayern going through down to the away goal.

I just never envisioned that. Terrific first half display.

Hail.

I expected it to be 3-0. This is a warning to any future opponents...Bayern does not like being embarrassed!!

I expected it to be 3-0. This is a warning to any future opponents...Bayern does not like being embarrassed!!

Over 2 games, funnily enough I think either Monaco or Juventus would be better suited as they'd both keep it real tight. 

Bayern against Barca or Madrid would just be end to end all out attack. 

Hail. 

LEGEND!

I miss that man SO much! 

****ing Rafa!

' ..... A L O, N S O it's Al-on-so, Xabi , Xabi Al-on-so; He came from Sociedad to play in our midfield, his passing and his shooting are sublime; If we had to chose between him and Fat Frank, we would chose Xabi every time!; A L O, N S O, it's Al-on-so, Xabi , Xabi Al-on-so; A L O N S O, it's  AL-on-so, Xabi, Xabi Al-on-so; Down at Luton Town in the F A Cup, Xabi and the keeper had a race; Xabi had a shot from 70 yards, yer should of seen the look on Gerrard's face!; A L O, N S O it's Al-on-so, Xabi, Xabi Al-on-so.....' 

Sighs. ****ING Rafa!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

So it looks like Bayern are through then :lol:

You missed a screamer from Xabi. 25 yard free kick. Man, the memory's .....

This club .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-32393459

I don't know what's more shocking here. 

The fact our ridiculous paranoia is now going to deprive kids in West Derby from doing what they've done for decades ..... catching a glimpse of their heroes training. 

Or the startling revelation that we actually  train! Because you sure as heck wouldn't know it looking at our work, not least on set pieces, on the actual pitch .....

Hail. 

So I was just in Asda (grocery store), and I ran into a friend and we're discussing the ongoing mess at Anfield. And he's making the very pertinent and pretty darn damning point that three years and over £ 200 million blown, Rodgers STILL hasn't got a solid spine to his side. 

When this fella' walks past, obviously over hearing, and say's 'Lads. If he had a solid spine he'd still frigging play it out of position!' .....

Just sums everything up. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

GHH would you back a move for Klopp and what sort of odds do you put on it?

In a heartbeat. I'd love to give Klopp a clean slate, full backing and let him build what he built in Dortmund. 

It's a tough one to get a reading on as to what will happen. The general consensus is Rodgers will get next year. But then FSG have shown to be ruthless with his predecessor who is a living club legend off the back of a trophy winning season when they canned him. And a very good journo friend close to the team has told us Henry was literally set to sack him mid flight back in late November. He was only talked around in meetings this side of the Atlantic but by all accounts, Rodgers thought he was done. 

So if you go off that, then I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility he goes at all and his job isn't half as safe as what many are making out. 

But regardless to whether him staying or going, the whole upper management structure needs to change and Boston needs to hand transfer control, at least in terms of targets, back into the managers hands and do away with the B/S 'transfer by committee' policy. 

One things for sure it's looking like a very turbulent summer at Anfield regardless. 

Again.  :(.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 3

Beat Millwall 2-0 last night.  I think that means they'll be spending next year a league below.  Don't see them climbing out now.  That win also probably cements Rovers for 9th place.

Never caught up with you after the cup quarter but you were VERY unlucky not to of been at Wembley playing Villa last Sunday. 

Thought the least Blackburn deserved that night was to take it to extra time. 

Lot to be proud of.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Thank you.  

I actually really like this squad Bowyer has put together.  Seems like a good team and they all seem to get along.  If not for some untimely late goals given up we could be pushing the playoffs.  But such is life in the Championship.  Hope we can keep the core of the squad together but there will probably have to be some players sold to assuage FFP.

Edited by Old Bay