Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2nd half flipped, Barca should have about 4 now

Yeah if that Barca attack got it right they would've ran away with it.

Just imagine that attack - Neymar - Suarez - Messi and Bale - Ronaldo - Benzema....

Robbens most likely done at top level football then. Abdominal tear is no joke. He'll be 32 when he's back and 33 when he's back to his top self

Might get another year, but don't disagree that he is done for the rest of this season.  They can get by in the Bundesliga, but will greatly miss him in the Champions League.

Seriously... if he wins La Liga and Champions League - do you think Barca will sell him back?  They can HAVE Sterling as part of the deal, imo.

God I miss him.

It's clear that Neymar is threatened by his presence.

HE wanted out. All on him why he's not here now. If it where up to the club he'd still be here. 

So even if they would (and they wouldn't and we couldn't afford it if they did), HE wouldn't come back. 

I feel ya' bro' but that's a sailed ship. 

Hail. 

HE wanted out. All on him why he's not here now. If it where up to the club he'd still be here. 

So even if they would (and they wouldn't and we couldn't afford it if they did), HE wouldn't come back. 

I feel ya' bro' but that's a sailed ship. 

Hail. 

You think James is happy with his decision to go to Real?

Bale to Utd. 

James to Anfield. 

DeGea to Madrid. 

I like the way you think.  :P

One can dream 

Hail. 

Well, we'd be remissed if we didn't mention that Ospina (Arsenal's keeper) is James' brother-in-law.

What a ****ing **** weekend... Caps lose to Winnepeg for the first time in 100 years, Georgetown, UVA both lose, Liverpool loses, and now DC United are getting stomped by NY Red Bulls.

Sorry Maryland fans - don't bet on tonight.

What a ****ing **** weekend... Caps lose to Winnepeg for the first time in 100 years, Georgetown, UVA both lose, Liverpool loses, and now DC United are getting stomped by NY Red Bulls.

Sorry Maryland fans - don't bet on tonight.

Thanks for nothing...

I almost broke my tv twice this weekend:

1. The Liverpool match

2. The Maryland game

On the plus side, Skrts will be out for Arsenal (FA ban) and who knows when Lallana will be healthy and when Sterling will get his head out of his ass.

I don't know who hates who more: Me hating sports or sports hating me...

Edited by jobaga

Thanks for nothing...

I almost broke my tv twice this weekend:

1. The Liverpool match

2. The Maryland game

On the plus side, Skrts will be out for Arsenal (FA ban) and who knows when Lallana will be healthy and when Sterling will get his head out of his ass.

I don't know who hates who more: Me hating sports or sports hating me...

Yay sports!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Afternoon Liverpudlian super fans. Did you wake up and smell the coffee this morning? There's a special blend you ought to start trying, it's called the Europa blend. I've heard it's second-rate but those who drink really seem to enjoy it.

Being as Arsenal have never won the UEFA Cup/ Europa League compared to Tottenham's two wins (and have won less European trophy's than 'Spurs all told); one can only presume you are tea drinkers.  ;).

Hail. 

• Like 1

Both clubs share same values, respect, heart, pride to wear the jersey and an incredible relationship with the fans.

St Etienne was the only club to be supported all over the country, but Lyon of course.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

I love you A but you are such a modern day, Sky generation football fan.

Hail.

Granted this is true but my thing is that it's always been contested between the "just below elite" clubs from the various leagues no? If I'm wrong, please correct me Cuz I am still learning

That's basically the same as the NIT tourney. To me, that's a secondary Euro trophy. However if Arsenal was in it like in 2000 (I think), Id want them to win it

Granted this is true but my thing is that it's always been contested between the "just below elite" clubs from the various leagues no? If I'm wrong, please correct me Cuz I am still learning

That's basically the same as the NIT tourney. To me, that's a secondary Euro trophy. However if Arsenal was in it like in 2000 (I think), Id want them to win it

Until the formation of the Champions League, the UEFA cup was often a far stronger competition being as only Champions of a Country went into the European Cup so you had a slew of major teams who where top 3 or 4 in their respective leagues, 

Just look at the winners list: Juventus, Inter and Liverpool lead the way with three. Real Madrid have two. The likes of Ajax, Munich, Anderlecht and Napoli have all won it. 

It used to be viewed as a major, prestigious competition. Sadly now, in today's age when the Champions League riches are the be all and end all (you could go right the way through a Europa season from the qualifiers to winning it and still make less money than a team knocked out on the Champions League group stage), clubs just have little interest. Particularly in England. (My own club are a glaring example. I have it on good authority from a respected beat reporter I know that BR wanted out as soon as we dropped into it as finishing in the top 4 is the overwhelming priority.). 

The hope is the added incentive of the ChampionsLeague spot to the winners will slowly start to make it more attractive again. This season's Europa knockouts were arguably a stronger field than their Champions League counterpart so hopefully the trend continues. 

There's no disgrace in being in the Europa League. 

Hail.