Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Emre Can is awesome

He's been a real pleasant surprise.

I honestly didn't have much hopes outside of him being a squad player when he arrived, but he's been terrific. He looks to be the perfect reppacement (as 'perfect' as filling a World class all time legend can be) for Gerrard. Strong and fearless in the tackle. Boundless energy to get up and down the park. Great shot on him. Good passer of the football. And growing into more and more of a leader the more games he plays. His versatility is a great plus too as he gets more of a defensive appreciation currently playing back there. His only real weakness is in the air.

He won't supply the goals Stevie consistently has, but he'll fill the dominant midfield role perfectly.

Best box-to-box midfielder we have. Everything the mediocre Henderson isn't.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

He's been a real pleasant surprise.

I honestly didn't have much hopes outside of him being a squad player when he arrived, but he's been terrific. He looks to be the perfect reppacement (as 'perfect' as filling a World class all time legend can be) for Gerrard. Strong and fearless in the tackle. Boundless energy to get up and down the park. Great shot on him. Good passer of the football. And growing into more and more of a leader the more games he plays. His versatility is a great plus too as he gets more of a defensive appreciation currently playing back there. His only real weakness is in the air.

He won't supply the goals Stevie consistently has, but he'll fill the dominant midfield role perfectly.

Best box-to-box midfielder we have. Everything the mediocre Henderson isn't.

Hail.

Good observations. I think you could be right about replacing the midfield presence. However, who the hell is gonna take FK's for you guys??

Good observations. I think you could be right about replacing the midfield presence. However, who the hell is gonna take FK's for you guys??

I would like to see Coutinho be the guy. That would be part of his growth. He can put the ball almost anywhere he wants when he is playing right. He has the potential to be fantastic at free kicks

Mario. Penalty's and free kicks.

I just need to get this through Rodgers thick head.

Hail.

I thought BR confirmed that Balo was the #2 penalty taker?

I thought BR confirmed that Balo was the #2 penalty taker?

There was a lot of backtracking after last Thursday.

I still find it disturbing that either Rodgers or Henderson could consider the later a better bet to begin with.

And of course the line 'he's second to Gerrard if he's on the pitch' is a contradiction in terms as hes hardly ever frigging on it!

*Calms.

Hail.

There was a lot of backtracking after last Thursday.

I still find it disturbing that either Rodgers or Henderson could consider the later a better bet to begin with.

And if course the line 'he's second to Gerrard if he's on the pitch' is a contradiction in terms as hes hardly ever frigging on it!

*Calms.

Hail.

To be fair, how else is Hendo going to score?
  • Like 1

Arsenal should roll Monaco tomorrow....

But they are Arsenal of course

Don't worry. 

Even if you beat Monaco, you'll only crash out the next round, achieve your seasonal objective of at op 4 placing, then go out at exactly the same round next year. 

It's the Arsenal way. 

Hail. 

I honestly have no idea who or what Liverpool are playing in Europa. Thats how much that competition matters to me.

The real teams play on Tuesday or Wednesday in Europe.

The real teams actually play past the second week of March.  

May in Berlin is great, I hear.  My fellow Bayern fans will let you know how the stadium feels, watching the team play for a 6th European Cup.

Just realized that I might be in Berlin during the week of the CL Final...should I do it?

I would to to ANY CL Final if I were in the city at the time. If I couldn't get a ticket, I'd at least go to the grounds, just to soak up the atmosphere.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but god how I envy GHH being able to see matches at some of those fabled places.

• Like 1

I would to to ANY CL Final if I were in the city at the time. If I couldn't get a ticket, I'd at least go to the grounds, just to soak up the atmosphere.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but god how I envy GHH being able to see matches at some of those fabled places.

On the flip side, I'm sure he wishes he could check out a Skins game in-person from time to time.

• Like 1

On the flip side, I'm sure he wishes he could check out a Skins game in-person from time to time.

You are wise beyond your years, Grasshopper.

If you are in Berlin, you should at least find a cool pub near the stadium and just walk around there after a few pints.