Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal are keeping tabs on Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan after he was given a contract ultimatum by the Bundesliga club, writes The Daily Mirror

Arsene Wenger is reported to be on red alert after being made aware of the German international’s availability and is readying a £16m bid. 

Gundogan has just 18 months remaining on his contract and Dortmund want him to sign a new deal or they will be prepared to sell him this summer. However, it is suggested they are sounding out potential suitors in January over the midfielder’s availability.

Didier Drogba eyeing a move to Portland this Summer.  Drogba is my favorite footballer to never play for the Reds. 

Such a great man on and off the pitch and I've got no problem admitting that.

I'm also ready to admit that the west coast seems to have the MLS figured out.  DC United is not going to win the MLS Cup ever again unless they can spend more money to bring guys in, no matter how good a manager Ben Olsen is.

Yeah, apparently Shaqiri chose Inter over LFC because he preferred London as well. Oh, wait.

We were late on Shaqiri.  Initially we tried to sign him for the summer and then Inter approached about a transfer for January.  Late, always late.

Looks like we are boxing each other for Lacazette, who would be a BRILLIANT pick up if we can get him.  I rate him higher than most do... maybe not higher than FrFan, but he's up there for me.

Chelsea couldn't afford him.

You're talking 400 million plus all in.

Only Madrid and City could cover that.

Hail.

and Bayern

Maybe also PSG, but the bigger issue to me is this:

How can ANY club pay all that money for one player and possibly still be in compliance with the FFP?  Now, I know the FFP is pretty much a farce, but it would be rendered completely null and void if one of the really big teams swoop in and put out several hundred million for him.

The big Liverpool transfer is coming from Boston and will be playing soon. If you expect anything else, you will be greatly disappointed.

Didier Drogba eyeing a move to Portland this Summer.  Drogba is my favorite footballer to never play for the Reds. 

Such a great man on and off the pitch and I've got no problem admitting that.

I'm also ready to admit that the west coast seems to have the MLS figured out.  DC United is not going to win the MLS Cup ever again unless they can spend more money to bring guys in, no matter how good a manager Ben Olsen is.

not until they sell the naming rights to the new stadium...

**edit**

When I saw that Addebayor was considering the MLS, I was really hoping he was going to be linked with DC…But, alas, he looks to be going to Toronto

Edited by jobaga

The big Liverpool transfer is coming from Boston and will be playing soon. If you expect anything else, you will be greatly disappointed.

not until they sell the naming rights to the new stadium...

**edit**

When I saw that Addebayor was considering the MLS, I was really hoping he was going to be linked with DC…But, alas, he looks to be going to Toronto

He got home earlier this week, so he gone.  Already.  So to speak.

And Toronto spent big on Bradley, Jermaine Defoe, and QPR's old keeper who played for Brasil and whose name escapes me for whatever reason... anywho, pretty sure they didn't even make the playoffs and Defoe's injury derailed their whole season.  Heck I think DC United beat them both times.

That first game where they played Seattle up in Seattle and won was pretty sweet though... as a man who absolutely hates that city and all of it's sports teams, anyway.

It doesn't look like we'll get a chance to see Stevie at RFK - how ****ing cool would that be?  We play the Galaxy in March and he'll still be at LFC.  Not sure what will happen next spring as it's only an 18 month contract.  We'll see, though, I'll definitely be there if he comes.