Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Was he franchised? This is curious to me. Did you see anything about what they're looking for in return?

No, just a message board rumor from a Saints fan who seems to be a "TK-Lite" type of poster. People were taking it seriously rather than ridiculing him, at least, for what that's worth. Just a little tidbit, I'm trying to remember where I read it last night.

I agree that a 3rd would be tempting, and would make our OG depth pretty great as well, shifting a starter to a reserve player. But it would probably take more, and like you, I don't think the value's there. Especially since our OL has looked pretty good recently.

You what i'll give up that a 25 year old pro bowler. That would instantly make our line the top of the NFC East. Thats good to say if that was to happen.

I just have a hard time though seeing New Orleans trading one of their top players in Nicks for even just a 3rd. Not trying to be debbie downer but he's a stud, they'll want more than that

---------- Post added August-22nd-2011 at 01:34 PM ----------

Pryor to Oakland in the 3rd round.

No way I was going to take him before the 5th round, and personally didn't want him

All Pryor has to do is step onto the field and he's better than DHB haha. But the Raiders are actually looking all right at WR these days, if you take into account their young guys with potential. I really think they're looking at Pryor as a QB.

No, just a message board rumor from a Saints fan who seems to be a "TK-Lite" type of poster. People were taking it seriously rather than ridiculing him, at least, for what that's worth. Just a little tidbit, I'm trying to remember where I read it last night.

I agree that a 3rd would be tempting, and would make our OG depth pretty great as well, shifting a starter to a reserve player. But it would probably take more, and like you, I don't think the value's there. Especially since our OL has looked pretty good recently.

I think our OL has looked better than last year, but still a far cry from "pretty good," especially the pass pro. I would love to see another upgrade.

All Pryor has to do is step onto the field and he's better than DHB haha. But the Raiders are actually looking all right at WR these days, if you take into account their young guys with potential. I really think they're looking at Pryor as a QB.

Well yeah considering JC is a FA at the end of the year this was a move for him to be a QB. Its not surprising at all considering its Oakland to take him that early in the draft

The writing may be on the wall for Jason Campbell.

We all know how impatient Al Davis can be

He can't afford to be patient, that dude could drop dead at any second.

At least, that's the official version.

He's actually ALREADY dead. He's just too stubborn to realize it. Night of the Living Dead GM.

I really think they're looking at Pryor as a QB.

When you spend a 3rd round pick you gotta try him at QB even if he'll be a project.

The writing may be on the wall for Jason Campbell.

We all know how impatient Al Davis can be

I think Jason has a firm hold on the spot in Oakland, the staff (Hue Jackson, Al Saunders and Crazy Al)

I bet Jason has a good season.

To be fair Jason doesn't really have any competition too at QB DG
Boss Hog was claiming that Pryor would be Jason's competition.

To be fair JC had comp last year from Brad Gradkowski (who was then HC Tom Cables favorite) but after going undefeated in their division there was no looking back.

Boss Hog was claiming that Pryor would be Jason's competition.

To be fair JC had comp last year from Brad Gradkowski (who was then HC Tom Cables favorite) but after going undefeated in their division there was no looking back.

Yeah theres really none, Pryor is a pure project QB who will need at LEAST one year of learning and development. JC I bet they bring back on a 1 or 2 year deal to man the fort till Pryor is hopefully ready

He's been pretty average since coming into the league, and like Tris has said with Curry and 4-3 WLB's you dont take them that high in the draft

u think he would fit the 3-4? id like to see him outside of Seattle just never liked him there.. But yes to high to take him..

I wonder what they'll do with Jason.

It all depends on how he plays this year; if that OL can hold up I think Jason is due for top 15-top 10 season.

That's a big if though. Jared Veldheer will probably improve but he was ranked lower than Trent was last season in PFF's OT rankings and he was the 6th worst starting LT in the league in passblocking efficiency last season according to their rankings.

Losing Robert Gallery might also be a short term hit since he was a decent player.

I like their long term talent on the OL with guys like Veldeer, Bruce Campbell, Samson Satele, Steve Winiewski, and Joe Barksdale. But that's a young group and they're going to take a little while to come together as a top unit.

When they do though, man that'll be a good line. Run DMC is going to explode statistically and Campbell/Pryor might even have a chance.

---------- Post added August-22nd-2011 at 06:17 PM ----------

I dont think so he's pretty much a 4-3 WLB and will be one for his career.

I actually disagree. Curry was drafted with his best position being SAM. Taking a WILL that high in the draft isn't actually a terrible idea. But taking a SAM definitely is.

Curry was a big, strong, do it all type LBer who's biggest problem were key recognition and instincts. That'll hurt him in any scheme, but especially so if he's trying to play as a 4-3 Will.

I think he'd actually be a better fit as a 3-4 ILB tthan a 4-3 Will. But if he doesn't play with better awareness and instincts then he's not going to be a really good linebacker in any scheme.

That's a big if though. Jared Veldheer will probably improve but he was ranked lower than Trent was last season in PFF's OT rankings and he was the 6th worst starting LT in the league in passblocking efficiency last season according to their rankings.

Losing Robert Gallery might also be a short term hit since he was a decent player.

I like their long term talent on the OL with guys like Veldeer, Bruce Campbell, Samson Satele, Steve Winiewski, and Joe Barksdale. But that's a young group and they're going to take a little while to come together as a top unit.

When they do though, man that'll be a good line. Run DMC is going to explode statistically and Campbell/Pryor might even have a chance.

No doubt that is a big if.

But, I don't think that OL has to be great for Jason to be good I just think they need to hold up and not be terrible.

Last year they were barely okay (pass pro) and Jason was decent, when Jason was here in 2009 the OL was terrible and he was still top 15 QBR.

In general I think young OLs improve with reps and Hue Jackson(I'm a fan of his offense) appears to be committed to running the ball and that helps any OL but especially young ones.

All things considered Veldheer played okay for a rookie especially when you look at the huge jump in the level of comp the dude faced.

No doubt that is a big if.

But, I don't think that OL has to be great for Jason to be good I just think they need to hold up and not be terrible.

Last year they were barely okay (pass pro) and Jason was decent, when Jason was here in 2009 the OL was terrible and he was still top 15 QBR.

In general I think young OLs improve with reps and Hue Jackson(I'm a fan of his offense) appears to be committed to running the ball and that helps any OL but especially young ones.

All things considered Veldheer played okay for a rookie especially when you look at the huge jump in the level of comp the dude faced.

I think they will take another step back. There is no consistency with Oakland. Its a joke. They lose their toughness without Cable. Lose their heart with Gallery. I think their running game will be decent, but it won't progress. I pitty DMC. Poor **** had a career year and will go backwards.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 02:13 AM ----------

As sick as it sounds, I honestly dont think Oak has a chance until Al Davis passes. Its honestly depressing. Its like having Vinny Cerrato pre fire.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 02:14 AM ----------

As sick as it sounds, I honestly dont think Oak has a chance until Al Davis passes. Its honestly depressing. Its like having Vinny Cerrato pre fire.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2011 at 02:16 AM ----------

I think they will take another step back. There is no consistency with Oakland. Its a joke. They lose their toughness without Cable. Lose their heart with Gallery. I think their running game will be decent, but it won't progress. I pitty DMC. Poor **** had a career year and will go backwards
I don't understand why you say another step back, last year was a step forward.

I mean other then Al Davis why do you think they'll go backwards?

The actually have continuity in scheme on both sides of the ball with (Hue Jackson lead that offense and the DC return for their second seasons), most of their offenes core skill position players are returning. The one player they lost they replaced with a productive player that may turn out to be a better Boss if he proves to be a better blocker.

Archived