Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Okay so I got the go ahead from one of the mods to create this and I thought this would be a cool place to talk about the upcoming college football season in-terms of draft prospects

I study the College Football season and I've been pretty dead on with mock drafts in the past so I'll post my early season rankings and then a mock draft once a month as the season progresses.

I also want this to be a place where all of the ES can talk about it and if any of you all have questions about players or stuff like that don't hesitate to ask I wont be mean about it haha

So go ahead lets get the discussion going, who in your opinion is the top QB going into the 2010 CFB season?

EDIT: I've gone ahead and changed the name of the title as a way to generate more discussion and a way to let everyone talk about the prospects. I'll post the links to the big boards and such when they become available

Player Profiles:

Receivers:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?328672-2011-Comprehensive-NFL-Draft-Database/page63 AJ Green

Linebackers:

Robert Quinn

Travis Lewis

Chris Galippo

Sam Acho

Defensive Linemen:

Stephen Paea

Allen Bailey

i have a feeling we will trade up for one if ingram, mallet, or green

Personally of those 3 the only one I would trade up for is Ingram closest thing to what Emmitt Smith was coming out, shifty runner but had the power and speed to be a dynamic threat. Mallet is too inconsistent for my liking even though he has a big arm. The draw back to him in the eyes of Shanny is he's not very mobile and again his accuracy isn't that great. Green we could trade up for but IMO Julio Jones is the better WR in terms of physicality and his ability to make the big play in the big game

I'm not a big college football guy so I appreciate threads like this and posters like you.

Quick question: What are your thoughts on Locker? Is he the real deal? Or does he still have a lot to prove?

Hey man appreciate it this is stuff I love to do along with root for the best team in football.

In terms of Locker I tried to watch him as much as I could last year and in terms of athletic ability and the raw talent he is the real deal. I think with another year at UW with Sarkesian who is one of the top coaches in terms of developing QB's he'll prove himself as the #1 pick. There are a couple of things he does need to work on though and #1 is accuracy he has good accuracy now but I think if he can get his completion percentage in the 60's then he'll be golden. #2 though he can work on is his decisions, there were a couple of times last year where I questioned a throw he made but not a lot and its something that with more starts this year he'll develop and get better at

Basically what I'm getting at is this Locker is the real deal but he has a couple of things he can work on before I go "wow he's the best I've seen since Manning"

Hey man appreciate it this is stuff I love to do along with root for the best team in football.

In terms of Locker I tried to watch him as much as I could last year and in terms of athletic ability and the raw talent he is the real deal. I think with another year at UW with Sarkesian who is one of the top coaches in terms of developing QB's he'll prove himself as the #1 pick. There are a couple of things he does need to work on though and #1 is accuracy he has good accuracy now but I think if he can get his completion percentage in the 60's then he'll be golden. #2 though he can work on is his decisions, there were a couple of times last year where I questioned a throw he made but not a lot and its something that with more starts this year he'll develop and get better at

Basically what I'm getting at is this Locker is the real deal but he has a couple of things he can work on before I go "wow he's the best I've seen since Manning"

Awesome breakdown man. Really do appreciate it. Sounds like there's no chance we get a shot at him though :(

Hey you know what would be a cool thing you could do with this thread? For people like me that are huge Skins fans and draft nerds but don't follow college football that much. When college football starts, post your game of the week and prospect(s) to watch in said game. I'd make sure to catch it if I knew what to catch.

Ponder in the first couple rounds? WHat do you think his QB rank will be going into the draft after this season?

Right now here's my Top 5 QB rankings

1. Jake Locker

2. Andrew Luck

3. Robert Griffin III

4. Ryan Mallet

5. Christian Ponder

With that said I can see a team like Minnesota in the end of the 1st round taking a chance on him and letting him sit behind Jackson for a year or Favre if he's still there and learn the system and when he's ready he'll take over the team. Ponder is an interesting prospect because if he has a good year like many think he will, then maybe he could sneak into the heisman talk if FSU is doing well.

Awesome breakdown man. Really do appreciate it. Sounds like there's no chance we get a shot at him though :(

Hey you know what would be a cool thing you could do with this thread? For people like me that are huge Skins fans and draft nerds but don't follow college football that much. When college football starts, post your game of the week and prospect(s) to watch in said game. I'd make sure to catch it if I knew what to catch.

Sounds like a deal I already can tell you my 1st week game Boise State vs VT at FedEx there will be 3 guys to watch in that game a lot

QB Kellen Moore from BSU

RB Ryan Williams

RB Darren Evans

QB Tyrod Taylor

CB Rashad Carmichael

Sounds like a deal I already can tell you my 1st week game Boise State vs VT at FedEx there will be 3 guys to watch in that game a lot

QB Kellen Moore from BSU

RB Ryan Williams

RB Darren Evans

QB Tyrod Taylor

CB Rashad Carmichael

Appreciate you doing this for us! I'm a huge VA Tech fan as well as my Skins and would love to see Ryan Williams in the B & G. I believe he's one of the better one cut backs to play in the last decade and as a first year starter he left it all on the field.

If Williams were to come out of college after this year, where do you project him in your overall rankings? I would love to see a QB for the future drafted, but my heart says take this man if at all possible.

HAIL

1. Jake Locker

2. Andrew Luck

3. Robert Griffin III

4. Ryan Mallet

5. Christian Ponder

What of Jarrett Johnson?

I think he's just like Ryan Mallet but with a better release and greater mobility.

Also i think that a WCO team will take a look at Jaqori Harris?(sp) in the mid-rounds

I think if Pryor can put together a good senior year and standout at the combine (which is almost a given) he'll get drafted higher then he should on potential.

My perfect draft would be drafting Ryan Williams and Christian Ponder

We would have our RB-QB combo set for years

Ryan Williams is the perfect fit for the Shanny WCO. Quick, explosive, great vision, hits those cut back lanes real hard

YcHxr9JrUKQ

And Ponder. Athletic, can move well in the pocket, would be great on roll outs, terrific arm, very smart

zCuu6UyO3B0

Tom Savage from Rutgers has to be in the top 10, sophmore. He also has a stud reciever in Mohammed Sanu, sophmore as well.

I would have to say Savage was absolutely impressive the one game I watched of him. He has a great arm and his mobility and pocket presence was something I was surprised by. I think he'll with another year he'll be a monster QB and something to watch out for

Appreciate you doing this for us! I'm a huge VA Tech fan as well as my Skins and would love to see Ryan Williams in the B & G. I believe he's one of the better one cut backs to play in the last decade and as a first year starter he left it all on the field.

If Williams were to come out of college after this year, where do you project him in your overall rankings? I would love to see a QB for the future drafted, but my heart says take this man if at all possible.

HAIL

Right now I have Williams in the 11-18 Range in my rankings and thats where I have us drafting in next years draft as well. I think we'll end up 8-8 after this year which would allow us to hopefully get a Williams as the only RB I can see going in the top 10 right now is Ingram and I have him going to New England(their pick from Oakland). Trust me I was a UVA fan all my life until now where I'm a JMU fan so I watched Ryan Williams just absolutely embarass that defense to the point it was funny to watch haha

What of Jarrett Johnson?

I think he's just like Ryan Mallet but with a better release and greater mobility.

Also i think that a WCO team will take a look at Jaqori Harris?(sp) in the mid-rounds

I think if Pryor can put together a good senior year and standout at the combine (which is almost a given) he'll get drafted higher then he should on potential.

I think you meant Jerrod Johnson correct the QB from Texas A&M? With him I have him right now as #8 for my QB Rankings he's a polished QB but the only thing that seems to hold him back is he plays for a team that is not the best so even though he's making great plays by himself, he's having to also force some passes and that led to his interceptions late in the year

What's the word on Pat Devlin, I'm a PSU fan and seemed like he had alot of hype the whole time he sat behind Daryll Clark . I know he recently transferred to Delaware. Just wondering how he was rated as a pro prospect.

Pat Devlin right now is moving up boards very fast as everyone is seeing him as the next Flacco, I won't call him a Flacco clone but the footage I was able to see of him was pretty impressive. He has a great arm and is decently mobile which for a bigger QB is a major plus. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now but he very well could play his way into the 1st with a big year and combine

Where does Torrey Smith project?

Terps always seem to have 1 stud on their roster.

(Campbell, DHB, Davis, Merriman, EJ)

Torrey Smith is someone who I feel needs to stay in through his senior year and polish his game. I'm worried that he'll come out after his junior year and then end up as a DHB who has a stud talent but is so raw he won't make much of an impact. He does project simply as a WR in the next level and I've seen some ridiculous plays he's made and if he can refine and develop more and more then watch out for him

Okay so I know I just posted like 5 times in a row and I know its called my Draft Thread but this is a place I thought would be cool for all Redskins fans to discuss the draft and the prospects

Anyways I thought I would post 2 early mocks one is a possible trade down mock and the 2nd is a straight up no trades mock

1st Mock

First off I have us finishing 8-8 and picking 15th in the draft

First off we trade the 15th pick to the Green Bay Packers for their 1st round pick(#26) along with their 2nd round pick(#56) Green Bay wants a shut down corner and will look to trade up for someone like Ras-I Dowling who I believe is one of the most physical and shutdown corners in college football

With that said heres the draft I got so far

#26 WR Michael Floyd ND He will be someone we need as he is a vertical threat but also a good possession receiver. He's the good compliment to our offense as I know we'll be looking for a receiver in next years draft at some point

#47 QB Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M will sit behind McNabb and learn the offense, he's got the mobility and the arm to be a starter in the NFL and as we speak could be a 1st round pick in next years draft even though right now I have him as a 2nd rounder

#58 G Rodney Hudson FSU- Allows us to move Hicks to the utility position on the OL. I know some will bash that we have others to use in those positions and more needs but I think that Hudson is one of those rare G prospects who is overlooked right now and maybe he'll rise up but most mocks I've seen lately have him in the mid to late 2nd round

No 3rd

No 4th

I would finish it out but right now I'm very sketchy on my late round picks and It's a total crapshoot right now figuring it out

Here's the 2nd mock draft with no trade involved

#15 Julio Jones WR Alabama- Like I stated above we're going to take a WR at this point, I feel Shanny is going to feel comfortable with CP and LJ along with Torrain for another year and trust me it's Shanny he'll find some Reuben Droughns type RB and make him a 1,000 yard guy

#47 Jerrod Johnson QB Texas A&M I know its a repeat from the 1st mock but I think Shanny is going to fall in love with someone like him because of his accuracy, his mobility and his arm strength. Johnson is a lot like Plummer but more arm strength.

So there is my little mini mocks what do you all think?

1. Jake Locker

2. Andrew Luck

3. Robert Griffin III

4. Ryan Mallet

5. Christian Ponder

With that said I can see a team like Minnesota in the end of the 1st round taking a chance on him and letting him sit behind Jackson for a year or Favre if he's still there and learn the system and when he's ready he'll take over the team. Ponder is an interesting prospect because if he has a good year like many think he will, then maybe he could sneak into the heisman talk if FSU is doing well.

Thats a first. How do you see Griffin as a top prospect when he's hardly proven himself? For all we know he could have just been a flash in the pan. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he definitely falls into the "great college player, NFL not so much" realm as of now because he hasn't proven himself at all. Maybe 2 years from now he could be considered a top prospect, but in regards to the 2011 draft I'm going to have to wholeheartedly disagree with you.

If you ask me he'll be seen as a Pat White type player who will have to change positions and contribute as a QB in wrinkles in the playbook. As a raw talent, you're right, he's an amazing prospect. But I just can't see how he's in the consideration for top QB prospects for the next draft.

Thats a first. How do you see Griffin as a top prospect when he's hardly proven himself? For all we know he could have just been a flash in the pan. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he definitely falls into the "great college player, NFL not so much" realm as of now because he hasn't proven himself at all. Maybe 2 years from now he could be considered a top prospect, but in regards to the 2011 draft I'm going to have to wholeheartedly disagree with you.

If you ask me he'll be seen as a Pat White type player who will have to change positions and contribute as a QB in wrinkles in the playbook. As a raw talent, you're right, he's an amazing prospect. But I just can't see how he's in the consideration for top QB prospects for the next draft.

I understand and some have always called me crazy about Griffin and I'm not saying you are I'm just stating in general. I think Griffin is one of the rare QB's and with another year at Baylor to refine his game he'll be coming out and he's going to be rated as one of the best QB's. He's going to be a Vince Young type he's raw and he's a better athlete than a passer right now but I can see him being someone who is taken in the 1st round based on his potential and the ability for him to make the big play. I know its a little high for him to be the #3 QB but I think he'll play his way into a major year and be a top end QB

He's going to be a Vince Young type he's raw and he's a better athlete than a passer right now but I can see him being someone who is taken in the 1st round based on his potential and the ability for him to make the big play.

The scary thing is, so can I...

Archived