Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I would put Julio Jones and AJ Green at the top of the list. If Washington finishes 8-8 to 10-6, they may not be in position to draft either one of them, but they could potentially be the next Fitz or Marshall. If I had to take a QB, Andrew Luck from Stanford would be my #1. Ryan Williams and Mark Ingram would be the top RB's. A big NT and Safety would not hurt and more OL in the later rounds. LB's will also be an area of need. London Fletcher can't play forever. If we lose Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh to Free Agency, those positions will need to be filled.

I would put Julio Jones and AJ Green at the top of the list. If Washington finishes 8-8 to 10-6, they may not be in position to draft either one of them, but they could potentially be the next Fitz or Marshall. If I had to take a QB, Andrew Luck from Stanford would be my #1. Ryan Williams and Mark Ingram would be the top RB's. A big NT and Safety would not hurt and more OL in the later rounds. LB's will also be an area of need. London Fletcher can't play forever. If we lose Carlos Rogers and Rocky McIntosh to Free Agency, those positions will need to be filled.

I think your dead on with your rankings although I've seen Jones dropping in mocks from the top 10 to the middle of the 1st round. The other WR we all will need to keep an eye on is Jonathan Baldwin from Pittsburgh. He's a rare athlete and has played like Fitzgerald when he was a monster at Pitt. Luck is the #2 QB for me because I've watched some film of him and he can make all the throws but there are times where I question why he threw that pass. I'm sure I could say the same about all QB's at some point but it seems like Luck does have a lot of luck on some of his passes. Without a doubt Ingram and Williams are the top two RB's and as you stated at the end of your post if we lose Rocky and Carlos then we could be in a little trouble and then would need to prioritize our needs or hope that Riley and Barnes could step up into those areas without much dropoff

We need more Stevemcqueen1 in this thread he is the resident draft guru/draftnik that knows his prospects. He had quite the thread leading up to last years draft and i think his insight would be good in this thread.

I agree trust me I would sit there and read Stevemcqueen's posts and was always impressed with his work if he wants to make this a combined effort I'll be more than happy to do it. The more the merrier, all I want is to provide any answers to questions about prospects and have some fun with mock drafts

I agree trust me I would sit there and read Stevemcqueen's posts and was always impressed with his work if he wants to make this a combined effort I'll be more than happy to do it. The more the merrier, all I want is to provide any answers to questions about prospects and have some fun with mock drafts

Agreed between the two of you I think we can have quite the discussion on the top prospects coming out next year. Mcqueen was really high on QB Blaine Gabbert what is your take on him?

Agreed between the two of you I think we can have quite the discussion on the top prospects coming out next year. Mcqueen was really high on QB Blaine Gabbert what is your take on him?

Gabbert is interesting to me I can see why many people are high on him he's got a cannon arm, mobile and while he's in the spread offense, he can fit into a pro style offense easily. I think he should stay in school for another year and come out in 2012 as a senior. He has the tools to be a top end QB but I think 2011 is such a loaded class he might be left towards the end of the 1st round or into the 2nd. I think he has a bright future and with his arm and mobility and his good reads he can be a stud QB. If he stays through his senior year I think it will help him immensely. I would love to hear what steve thought of my assessment

I'm a fan of Andrew Luck (Stanford QB). I think we could get him in the mid 1st and he'd be great to have learn behind McNabb for a year or two. He's very athletic and makes quick decisions.

Right now here's my top 10 in the NFL draft

1. Buffalo

2. St Louis

3. Cleveland

4. Kansas City

5. Jacksonville

6. New England(From Oakland)

7. Seattle

8. Chicago

9. Detroit

10. Miami

With that top 10 I can see 3 teams right now that could be looking for a QB that would mean Locker would go #1 to Buffalo and then I could see Luck going #4 to KC as they could get rid of Cassel if he struggles. That would send someone else flying up the board and could lead to a 3 QB top 10 which would be crazy to see

Well guys I got bored tonight and as I was sitting here I realized there is also a 2nd game of the week to watch out for and that is Texas A&M Miami game. There are a lot of prospects to watch

CB Brandon Harris

DE/DT Allen Bailey

QB Jacory Harris

DE Von Miller

QB Jerrod Johnson

Those are just a few the Miami team this year is loaded and something to watch for in terms of Draft prospects and Texas A&M has a monster 3-4 LB in Von Miller who is very similar to LaMarr Woodley when he came out and Jerrod Johnson who I project as our 2nd round pick

If anyone else has a game to look out for then please go ahead and post it

Well guys I got bored tonight and as I was sitting here I realized there is also a 2nd game of the week to watch out for and that is Texas A&M Miami game. There are a lot of prospects to watch

CB Brandon Harris

DE/DT Allen Bailey

QB Jacory Harris

DE Von Miller

QB Jerrod Johnson

Those are just a few the Miami team this year is loaded and something to watch for in terms of Draft prospects and Texas A&M has a monster 3-4 LB in Von Miller who is very similar to LaMarr Woodley when he came out and Jerrod Johnson who I project as our 2nd round pick

If anyone else has a game to look out for then please go ahead and post it

I really want to watch Allen Bailey as I think he can be an incredible 5-technique DE in a 3-4. Not sure if that is the best position (at the next level) for him but he would make a good one there regardless due to his pyscial talents and skillset.

I really want to watch Allen Bailey as I think he can be an incredible 5-technique DE in a 3-4. Not sure if that is the best position (at the next level) for him but he would make a good one there regardless due to his pyscial talents and skillset.

Allen Bailey is one of those athletes who is so gifted physically, that he could be in any scheme and dominate, very similar to what Orakpo is like for us. I think Bailey would be an excellent pick up for us because he has the strength to be a monster DE in the 3-4 not only in the run game but he has the ability to get after the QB with his size and strength.

Allen Bailey is one of those athletes who is so gifted physically, that he could be in any scheme and dominate, very similar to what Orakpo is like for us. I think Bailey would be an excellent pick up for us because he has the strength to be a monster DE in the 3-4 not only in the run game but he has the ability to get after the QB with his size and strength.

Yeah he would be a great pick up and in our nickle/dime packages with a 4 man line moving him inside with Haynesworth would be damn scary. Orakpo, Haynesworth, Bailey, Carter...man wouldnt mind going back to a 4-3 with that foursome :)

Yeah he would be a great pick up and in our nickle/dime packages with a 4 man line moving him inside with Haynesworth would be damn scary. Orakpo, Haynesworth, Bailey, Carter...man wouldnt mind going back to a 4-3 with that foursome :)

Oh no doubt about it we could be a nasty 4-3 defense with them playing up front, but the beauty of someone like Bailey is his versatility and with him in the mix at DL it would allow more flexability for Haslett

So does anyone know what are picks will be next year.

I know we have a 1st and a 2nd but do we get the extra 4th for Jason this year? Do we lose a 5th for Carriker?

I know its hard to say right now what our draft needs will be but I think we should be looking at WR's, Gaurds and a MLB (To replace Fletcher at some point.)

So does anyone know what are picks will be next year.

I know we have a 1st and a 2nd but do we get the extra 4th for Jason this year? Do we lose a 5th for Carriker?

I know its hard to say right now what our draft needs will be but I think we should be looking at WR's, Gaurds and a MLB (To replace Fletcher at some point.)

The extra 4th is in NEXT years draft not this years. The 5th is lost for Carriker I believe but we also gain either a 5th or 6th from the Brown trade.

I agree our needs right now are tough to tell but I think a lot of it depends on who leaves the team in FA. If we lose Carlos and Rocky then we have 2 holes at CB and LB. If we keep them, then we could stockpile another G and move Hicks to the utility position and then maybe take a WR if the young ones don't produce this year.

I have to ask why RT? Do you feel we won't keep Brown after this year? The rest I agree with except for maybe QB we could wait off a year or so for

We gotta see how Brown performs. His hip injury isn't exactly a good sign, he may simply not have it anymore

As for picks, we should have 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

We basically moved from the 4th round to the 6th round with the Brown trade.

We don't lose a 5th in 2011 because we simply swapped picks with the Rams for Carriker

I have to ask why RT? Do you feel we won't keep Brown after this year? The rest I agree with except for maybe QB we could wait off a year or so for

I don't know what will happen with Brown, but he is an older guy and i think it would be prudent to have a plan for post Brown.

I would rather take a OT and develop them then we can create competition between that deveklopmental OT and Caspers.

Then wait til we need and be forced to reach for a OT.

Mine is kinda a long term plan, but i also believe that the future happens sooner then you think.

QB.

I think most teams are always trying to develop a QB.

And other then Beck we don't really have a developmental QB on the roster. And i think Beck is in line to assume the back-up role next year.

I'm not saying we need to take those position in the 1st round but we should be developing those position for the future.

I want Andrew Luck (Stanford) or Ryan Williams (Tech) really badly. We could also use Julio Jones or A.J. Green.

I think Luck will be very good and wouldn't mind getting him if he came out. That being said, I could see him going pretty high if he has a good year. I'm not really that high on Mallett; he seems to have relatively slow footwork and a somewhat elongated release (not really that unexpected for a guy who is as tall as him, though). As far as WR, I would take Green over Jones (at least as of now). They are both amazing athletes, but Jones has seemed to get cases of the dropsies sometimes, while Green pretty much catches anything near him. Both are fast and seem to run good routes.

We gotta see how Brown performs. His hip injury isn't exactly a good sign, he may simply not have it anymore

As for picks, we should have 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

We basically moved from the 4th round to the 6th round with the Brown trade.

We don't lose a 5th in 2011 because we simply swapped picks with the Rams for Carriker

I wouldn't be concerned about Brown he's working his way back into shape and he's probably just being cautious about not overdoing it before the season starts.

Archived