Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Draft Profile wise?

yessir.. id like to see a OT/OG/OC that you would love us to nag.. someone that fits the system.. someone we realistically have a shot @ landing since we all know round 1 is QB.. (barring young signing or beck balling the **** out).. OR.. hey just do who ya want b..

yessir.. id like to see a OT/OG/OC that you would love us to nag.. someone that fits the system.. someone we realistically have a shot @ landing since we all know round 1 is QB.. (barring young signing or beck balling the **** out).. OR.. hey just do who ya want b..

haha I got you man my next one could be Ta'amu if not him then I might do one on Riley Reiff

im pretty sure it all depends on where we sit in the draft..

Yes, where we sit in the draft depends on where we sit in the draft. I'm curious though as to what our lowest draft pick could be that we wouldn't have to trade up to get them (i.e. if we pick 13th, but they'll be gone by the 8th pick, we'll need to trade up. However, if they don't think they'll be gone until the 15th pick, we'll be good).

Don't assume that all three of them will come out early. USC QBs don't usually come out early. I'm not sure about Jones, I'll have to see more of him before I annoint him a first round pick this year. If I had to guess, I would say only Luck declares early this year. I could see Robert Griffin coming out early too.

steve, D&S, and dg:

What's the lowest that we could pick that we wouldn't have to trade up to get Luck, Barkley, or Jones?

like steve said its not a forgone conclusion all three will declare, if they do all come out, then the lowest IMO would be say 12th

---------- Post added July-19th-2011 at 12:10 PM ----------

Nice profile Dukes. Yeah, it's about time for me to start writing them again too. You're thinking Reiff next? I'll probably do a Luke Kuechly or Kirk Cousins profile. I might start with the QBs since that's what everyone is going to be interested in this season.

Yeah I'll either do Reiff or Ta'amu next I think just gotta see what highlight videos are available of each as well

I think the lowest we could possibly pick up one of the three possible QBs is pretty much dependent on who is in front of use rather than where we are. If we pick 4th but have say the cardinals, seahawks, and the bills in front of us, our chances take a big hit cuz they all pretty much need qbs.

I think the lowest we could possibly pick up one of the three possible QBs is pretty much dependent on who is in front of use rather than where we are. If we pick 4th but have say the cardinals, seahawks, and the bills in front of us, our chances take a big hit cuz they all pretty much need qbs.

Well Seattle I dont see in the top 10 this year and with Buffalo I really think they'll ride with Fitzpatrick with Gailey at the helm. As for the Cardinals its all dependent on if they end up trading for Kolb or not

All i know is, i want Andrew Luck no doubt!

Hes already being said to be the next Peyton Manning caliber Qb.

If hecomes to the skins and turns out to be just that, we are soon to be superbowl champs!!

I dont think any of us would disagree on wanting Andrew Luck, but also to get him you have to be 1-15 or 2-14 and I dont see us like that

Did you see that Kenny Tate is moving to OLB? The thought is that it's supposed to help his draft stock because it'll show off his ability to blitz. I think it's a bit of a gamble though--what if he has a bad year? That said, WLBs that can blitz and cover would seem to have more draft value than safeties. But if a safety is truly dynamic, they can still be taken high. All in all, I think this move will help his stock because, plainly, it gives him more chances to make big plays and that can end up being what gets a player drafted high.

I'm curious as to what this move does for you all? For me it basically confirms he's not a FS in today's NFL. I could see him settling into WLB and thriving like Thomas Davis started to do before he kept getting injured. I could also see him settling into a box duty SS role like Polamalu or Landry.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mason Foster is a good bet to win defensive rookie of the year. I thought he was a really unheralded linebacker in a class with a fair number of big names.

Our own draft picks I'm most impressed with so far: Markus White, Evan Royster, Ryan Kerrigan, Jarvis Jenkins, Dejon Gomes, and Roy Helu. I still like Aldrick Robinson but I'm not sure there is room on the team for him and he handled that punt return poorly. I wish we could keep him though.

Hankerson has been struggling. Niles Paul has been better IMO which is a big surprise to me. I wish all three of these rookie WRs could make the roster but we have a lot of good receivers now. I also don't want to have to cut Brandon Banks or Terrence Austin either and Anthony Armstrong is a keeper. And of course Santana is our stud. Plus Malcolm Kelly could be good if the dude could ever get ****ing healthy, damn that's frustrating. I can't believe people don't have faith in our receivers, I think this is easily the best bunch of receivers of the Snyder era. This is where expanded rosters so we could carry more than five or six receivers would be nice...

I think Torain should be let go and we should roll into the season with Hightower, Helu, and Royster as our half backs with Keiland Williams as the fifth back (swing HB/FB) behind Darrell Young.

It'd be nice to slide some of that skill position depth/youth over to our OL since our backups aren't very good.

id like to keep torain.. i think he could come in handy.. hes the only one on the team so far that knows the running system.. id practice squad Helu..

It's not a hard system to learn. It's a zone blocking scheme. The runner decides which hole to hit.

Hightower looked really good last night.

And as for Torain, I'm not so sure he's much better than Royster. Evan looked solid last night, granted against 2nd and 3rd teams. But if he continues playing as well throughout the preseason, I don't see how you can't keep Royster.

And Helu will make the 53. He's going to be a stud in this offense if he stays healthy. No one will make me believe otherwise until he's off the team, lol.

Archived