Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I'm really interested in Ta'amu of all the guys you mentioned Dro. I got the chance to watch a bit of him last year including the bowl game and was pretty impressed with how he played. He showed he can be a very good NT and could become a high end starter in the NFL if he continues to develop and show like he did last year. Still has his flaws like all prospects do, but could end up being the Phil Taylor of the 2012 class who is the top NT taken

I'm really interested in Ta'amu of all the guys you mentioned Dro. I got the chance to watch a bit of him last year including the bowl game and was pretty impressed with how he played. He showed he can be a very good NT and could become a high end starter in the NFL if he continues to develop and show like he did last year. Still has his flaws like all prospects do, but could end up being the Phil Taylor of the 2012 class who is the top NT taken

yea i like him and Murphy but murphy has injury problems from what ive heard.. i'd love to see Ta'amu in BG him and Neild could be dominant..

yea i like him and Murphy but murphy has injury problems from what ive heard.. i'd love to see Ta'amu in BG him and Neild could be dominant..

He very well could be. During the bowl game Ta'amu was just on another level IIRC, he was shedding blocks and constantly making plays. Would love to see him in B&G in the 2nd round

Is there going to be a new thread for the 2011 College Season? Who to keep an eye on for potential Redskins players and high profile players when the draft comes around? I watch college football but I don't know who's the "it" guys to watch. I know Andrew Luck and Landry Jones (I think thats his name) are QBs to keep an eye on, esp for us when it comes draft time.

Is there going to be a new thread for the 2011 College Season? Who to keep an eye on for potential Redskins players and high profile players when the draft comes around? I watch college football but I don't know who's the "it" guys to watch. I know Andrew Luck and Landry Jones (I think thats his name) are QBs to keep an eye on, esp for us when it comes draft time.

No doubt we'll have a new thread come the end of August right before I head back to school :ols:

I don't think that's likely at all. The heavily hyped OTs will drop like flies in the draftnik mocks once the season starts. Remember how Gabe Carimi was a top 5 pick going into the year?

Personally, I'm not sold on a lot of the OTs in this year's group. The Junior class should be far better than the senior class, and remember, only a couple underclassmen offensive linemen declare each year.

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 12:42 PM ----------

The OTs that interest me are Riley Reiff, Levy Ad****, Andrew Datko, Tanner Hawkinson, and Matt Kalil.

I'm not sold on any of them yet, I'll definitely need to see more from both Datko and Kalil before I write them off as top 10 locks like everyone seems to be doing.

I think Ad**** and Reiff look very solid and have the kind of pedigree a first round pick should. I love Tanner Hawkinson's tools and think he has a shot at climbing draft boards when he's ready to come out.

I don't care for Mike Adams, Nate Potter, or Matt Reynolds. I think Potter and Reynolds are pretty overrated right now.

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 12:47 PM ----------

Also not at all sold on Jonathan Martin.

Do you all remember all of that talk during the season about Alfonzo Dennard being a better corner than Prince Amukamara? I just watched some cutups of Dennard and I couldn't disagree more with that idea. Not only is Prince a better CB in just about every facet of the position, I don't think it's all that close... I wonder where that idea started?

Yeah that would be pretty awesome. I doubt it happens though. We're not finishing with the worst record in the league unless something awful happens. And if we did, wouldn't that be grounds for firing Shanahan?

you know i may get flac for this, I've said this before and I'll say this again.. I will take 1 year of 1-15 to get a QB potentially to give us 10+ great years.. plus that 33rd pick would be an elite pick.. id flip it unless there's someone up there that's fallen..

Based on what I've seen, I'd actually be surprised if Dennard gets taken in the first round. He's not that good and his measurables aren't special. He benefited from having Amukamara draw a lot of attention and take the best opponent for his assignment (plus he had great safeties and NFL nickles playing behind him). I've watched a lot of Dre Kirkpatrick, Cliff Harris, and Jayron Hosley and they're each significantly better IMO.

Archived