Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Yeah that would be pretty awesome. I doubt it happens though. We're not finishing with the worst record in the league unless something awful happens. And if we did, wouldn't that be grounds for firing Shanahan?

Unless is was a purposeful 1-15, I don't think so. As much as that would suck, and as irate as many of us would be, I think Shanny gets at least three years (so, two more) before he's on the chopping block for a bad season.

Andrew Luck is a good prospect. I like him even more than I liked Blaine Gabbert. I could swallow a 1-15 season and keep my grumbling about Shanahan to a minimum if it meant we got to draft Luck. I'd have reasonable hope that things would get better.

But I also don't trust Shanahan and Allen at all when it comes to the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something ****ing stupid like trading down for moderate return value and picking the best senior linebacker on the board or something.

You all might think that sounds ludicrous. I don't think Shanahan thinks we need a QB like the rest of us do.

This is a really good senior class at the top IMO. Just looking over some names, there are quality seniors at every position in the first round. We might even see two or three interior linemen get taken in the first.

I think it's a really deep and talented senior WR class. There might not be a ton of room for underclassmen WRs to declare. You'll probably only see the very best few like Blackmon and Jeffery come out early.

I like the Senior QBs more than most years. I think Cousins and Lindley have serious first round potential and I think Tannehill could too once he gets some more starts under his belt. But it's hard to ignore what's shaping up to be a pretty good junior QB class since the top 3 or 4 juniors could be the top 3 or 4 QBs in this year's class too.

The senior HB class is decent, much better than most years at the position. I think you've got at least 10 senior backs who will get drafted in the first five rounds.

I think it's another good year for senior defensive linemen and I think there are several quality pass rusher who could make the transition to 3-4 OLB in this class. There should be a few linebacker prospects who can be potential stars like Courtney Upshaw, Travis Lewis, and Zach Brown. There's a boatload of fantastic junior linebackers to augment this class as well. The next two years will be a really fruitful time to draft interior linebackers for a 3-4 scheme.

I think it's also a solid OC class too.

the Senior WR class is actually quite underrated because of the publicity that Blackmon and Jeffery tend to get. The guy I really love as a WR prospect is Greg Childs and it goes back to last year when he was downright dominant before the season ending injury. Then you have Criner from Arizona who is another guy who could be a stud receiver at the next level. Man just talking about it gets me excited to watch these WR's

Dwight Jones is another good one. So is Marquis Maze. CBS is really high on Nick Toon and Jeff Fuller and I liked what little I saw of them last year. Ryan Broyles has had a lot of production in college. I also really like Jarrett Boykin and think he gets underrated by the media.

Then of course both DeVier Posey and Michael Floyd will both be drafted (probably early too).

This is a really good senior class at the top IMO. Just looking over some names, there are quality seniors at every position in the first round. We might even see two or three interior linemen get taken in the first.

I think it's a really deep and talented senior WR class. There might not be a ton of room for underclassmen WRs to declare. You'll probably only see the very best few like Blackmon and Jeffery come out early.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see us grab another WR in the second or third to match up with Hankerson, Paul, and Armstrong

I wouldn't be too surprised to see us grab another WR in the second or third to match up with Hankerson, Paul, and Armstrong

Honestly there are about 50 different scenarios that we could play out already just based off of our needs we still have but for some reason I really dont see us taking another WR and developing Hank and Paul instead

Honestly there are about 50 different scenarios that we could play out already just based off of our needs we still have but for some reason I really dont see us taking another WR and developing Hank and Paul instead

Completely agree on developing Hank and Paul, but after we see what the Skins do in free agency, my thinking is that Moss is more than likely one or two years from retiring if we re-sign him. Next year is definitely one to grab a WR in, when compared to the year after. That's why I said I wouldn't be surprised.

Completely agree on developing Hank and Paul, but after we see what the Skins do in free agency, my thinking is that Moss is more than likely one or two years from retiring if we re-sign him. Next year is definitely one to grab a WR in, when compared to the year after. That's why I said I wouldn't be surprised.

its a year to get one but it also isnt the end all be all we could be looking QB/OT/NT/ with those top 2 picks as well as an ILB

Any other ILBs that you think are worth looking at?

well you have Burfict, Manti Te'o Courtney Upshaw could be a 3-4 ILB or 3-4 OLB(I personally see him as a 3-4 OLB). You have Chris Galippo out of USC and Dont'a Hightower out of Alabama, but for me it all comes back to Burfict

EDIT: wow forgot another big name in Luke Kuechly out of Boston College

Me either and my dream scenario would be to get a QB with our 1st round pick and move back into the mid to 20's range of the 1st and then take Vontaze Burfict(I think he goes mid to late 1st)

I'm hesitant about Burfict. He's got far too much Lavar in him for his own good.

I LOVE Teo though. The kid is just awesome. He's going to be a Probowler one day. I'd like to end up with him.

Kuechly is also nasty. Where Burfict has a lot of LaVar in him, Kuechly has a lot of London Fletcher.

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 06:08 PM ----------

My linebacker rankings right now go:

1a.) Teo*

1b.) Kuechly*

3.) Burfict* (too talented to put any lower, but man is he a pain in the ass)

4.) Upshaw

5.) Hightower*

6.) Travis Lewis

7.) Nico Johnson*

8.) Ronnell Lewis*

9.) Kevin Reddick*

10.) Patrick Larimore*

11.) Chris Galippo

12.) Jon Bostic*

13.) Bruce Taylor*

14.) Shane Skov*

15.) Steve Greer*

16.) Devon Kennard*

17.) Tanner Brock*

Those are only the guys who I think can play ILB in a 3-4. I left off some good players who are more purist OLBs. I also left off Etienne Sabino because I've never seen him play. Asterisk marks an underclassman. The vast majority of them won't declare. I'd expect only about four at the most to declare early (I'm thinking Burfict, Hightower, and maybe Teo are the most likely ones to come out as juniors).

See with Burfict I see him more as a guy who just plays with a ton of passion, I really dont see the Lavar in him more so I see a lot of a Ray Lewis type with his intensity and timing of blitzes. Now am I saying he'll be Ray Lewis? No way but he's for sure my top 3-4 ILB and probably my next profile I do. I watched an Aaron Aloysius clip he did of him vs Oregon and I was very impressed. Has his flaws but stuff that can be taught and fixed but the natural instincts and feel for the game is impressive

See with Burfict I see him more as a guy who just plays with a ton of passion, I really dont see the Lavar in him more so I see a lot of a Ray Lewis type with his intensity and timing of blitzes. Now am I saying he'll be Ray Lewis? No way but he's for sure my top 3-4 ILB and probably my next profile I do. I watched an Aaron Aloysius clip he did of him vs Oregon and I was very impressed. Has his flaws but stuff that can be taught and fixed but the natural instincts and feel for the game is impressive

He plays with passion in the way Lavar did--running around, doing whatever he wants, and losing you games. Ray Lewis is about as assignment sure as it gets. Burfict is a playmaker, but he's not a very good run defender at all right now. Kuechly and Teo are very far ahead of him right now in LB skills and each are almost as good of athletes as he is.

Burfict is also one of the most flagged linebackers I've watched in a while too. He loses his head pretty much every single conference game. He's the Mike--the captain. He needs to be in control of himself and everyone on his defense at all times. Leave the thuggish dirty plays to the fat boys up front because they don't get caught.

going to post a few juniors and senior OTs Dukes and Steve (or anyone else point out which guys fit the system and guys that we should watch for)

Juniors..

Jonathan Martin OT 1 Stanford rJr 6-6 304 5.29

Matt Kalil OT 2 USC rJr 6-6 295 5.05

Riley Reiff OT 3 Iowa rJr 6-6 300 4.94

Ricky Wagner OT 4 Wisconsin rJr 6-6 322 5.32

Xavier Nixon OT 5 Florida Jr 6-5 290 4.97

Bobby Massie OT 6 MississippiJr 6-6 325 5.17

Tanner HawkinsonOT 7 Kansas rJr 6-6 295 5.04

Tyler Love OT 8 Alabama rJr 6-6 307 5.12

Dallas Thomas OT 9 Tennessee rJr 6-5 301 5.08

Alex Hurst OT 10 LSU rJr 6-6 329 5.22

Seniors

Andrew Datko OT 1 Florida State Sr 6-6 315 5.23

Levy Ad**** OT 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 322 5.23

Nate Potter OT 3 Boise State rSr 6-6 295 5.18

Mike Adams OT 4 Ohio State Sr 6-6 310 5.28

Matt Reynolds OT 5 Brigham Young rSr 6-4 316 5.28

Brandon Mosley OT 6 Auburn Sr 6-5 305 5.22

Zebrie Sanders OT 7 Florida State Sr 6-5 304 5.25

Matt McCants OT 8 UAB rSr 6-6 292 5.26

Tony Bergstrom OT 9 Utah Sr 6-5 315 5.29

Tom Compton OT 10 South Dakota rSr 6-6 312 5.15

EDIT adding Guards

Juniors

Cordy Glenn OG 1 Georgia Sr 6-5 338 5.28

Lucas Nix OG 2 Pittsburgh Sr 6-5 305 5.18

Kelechi OsemeleOG 3 Iowa State rSr 6-5 354 5.40

Kevin Zeitler OG 4 Wisconsin Sr 6-4 320 5.26

Ryan Miller OG 5 Colorado rSr 6-8 312 5.32

Amini Silatolu OG 6 Midwst ST.Sr 6-3 324 5.42

Jaymes Brooks OG 7 Virginia TechrSr 6-2 312 5.05

Senio Kelemete OG 8 WashingtonSr 6-3 305 5.23

Kevious WatkinsOG 9 South Carolina 6-4 320 5.36

Chris Jacobson OG 10 Pittsburgh rSr 6-2 295 5.24

Seniors

David DeCastro OG 1 Stanford rJr 6-5 312 5.22

Brandon Washington OG 2 Miami (Fla.) Jr 6-4 320 5.36

Barrett Jones OG 3 Alabama rJr 6-4 312 4.97

Larry Warford OG 4 Kentucky Jr 6-3 330 5.34

Jonathan Cooper OG 5 North Carolina rJr 6-3 310 5.17

Chance Warmack OG 6 Alabama Jr 6-3 320 5.32

Braden Hansen OG 7 Brigham Young rJr 6-6 310 5.09

Lane Taylor OG 8 Oklahoma State rJr 6-2 327 5.26

Michael Philipp OG 9 Oregon State Jr 6-3 302 5.16

Patrick Lewis OG 10 Texas A&M Jr 6-2 305 5.29

going to post a few juniors and senior OTs Dukes and Steve (or anyone else point out which guys fit the system and guys that we should watch for)

If we can get Luck and then one or both of the Stanford OL in the draft that would make the transition a lot easier for them. Already know how they operate.

If we can get Luck and then one or both of the Stanford OL in the draft that would make the transition a lot easier for them. Already know how they operate.

I almost wonder if Martin is a bit overrated because of Luck though. I mean he was pretty good on tape but people have him as a top 10 guy but I see more of a dominant RT ala Gabe Carimi in him and part of that is that luck makes some great decisions early and doesn't force his OL into having to block for a ton of time. Not saying that Martin is a bad player just think he's overrated to an extent. The top guy for my money is Matt Kalil out of USC right now but if Riley Reiff plays like he can he could very well become that guy

I think the benefits of having your college OT would be fairly marginal in the NFL. He's going to naturally play differently in the NFL because he's going to have to in order to adjust.

I think having your college center is a bit of a different story though. You do form that chemistry that you can bring with you. If I'm not mistaken though, Chase Beeler graduated so Luck can't come out with him.

I think it's pretty rare to have a top QB and his center come out in the same year. Its only happened a few times in the past few years that I can remember. This year it was Cam Newton and Ryan Pugh and Blaine Gabbert and Tim Barnes. Neither Barnes nor Pugh were drafted though.

---------- Post added July-16th-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

I almost wonder if Martin is a bit overrated because of Luck though. I mean he was pretty good on tape but people have him as a top 10 guy but I see more of a dominant RT ala Gabe Carimi in him and part of that is that luck makes some great decisions early and doesn't force his OL into having to block for a ton of time. Not saying that Martin is a bad player just think he's overrated to an extent. The top guy for my money is Matt Kalil out of USC right now but if Riley Reiff plays like he can he could very well become that guy

I agree. Also, the thing to keep in mind is that Stanford runs the ball 60% of the time which takes a lot of pressure off of your pass protectors. And when they pass, its usually from multiple TE sets with tons of motion to keep defenders off balance. I don't think Martin plays on an island as often as the other top left tackles. And Luck does get the ball off very quick and is one of the best scrambling QBs I've ever watched.

I think the benefits of having your college OT would be fairly marginal in the NFL. He's going to naturally play differently in the NFL because he's going to have to in order to adjust.

I think having your college center is a bit of a different story though. You do form that chemistry that you can bring with you. If I'm not mistaken though, Chase Beeler graduated so Luck can't come out with him.

I think it's pretty rare to have a top QB and his center come out in the same year. Its only happened a few times in the past few years that I can remember. This year it was Cam Newton and Ryan Pugh and Blaine Gabbert and Tim Barnes. Neither Barnes nor Pugh were drafted though.

---------- Post added July-16th-2011 at 03:54 PM ----------

I agree. Also, the thing to keep in mind is that Stanford runs the ball 60% of the time which takes a lot of pressure off of your pass protectors. And when they pass, its usually from multiple TE sets with tons of motion to keep defenders off balance. I don't think Martin plays on an island as often as the other top left tackles. And Luck does get the ball off very quick and is one of the best scrambling QBs I've ever watched.

And its not to say that Martin can't end up being a very good player in the NFL I just think that because of Luck and how that offense was designed, a lot of pressure was taken off of him. I think though he could be a stud RT just like Carimi will be while a guy like Matt Kalil is a pure LT IMO

Archived