Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie: Kick Ass

Riggins77

It was easily the best movie I've seen this year. Just didn't get the word of mouth. I think everyone was expecting something else (which was the secret sauce of the movie) and most didn't bother to see it. Pushed my wife watch it this week, although she really didn't want too, and she loved it.

Great movie.. nannycam footage of Big Daddy taking out a warehouse of thugs.. One of the best comic book action scenes I've ever seen in my life..

What's up with Nicholas Cage, the guy never does anything other than action movies and he's like classically trained Shakespearian..

It was easily the best movie I've seen this year. Just didn't get the word of mouth. I think everyone was expecting something else (which was the secret sauce of the movie) and most didn't bother to see it. Pushed my wife watch it this week, although she really didn't want too, and she loved it.

Same here, I picked it up at a Red Box today and when I put it in the DVD player, my wife says, "I knew you were going to rent this when I saw the preview, even though it looks stupid."

Once Hit Girl jumped into the scene, my wife loved the movie. She said it was one of the best movies she had seen this year.

The movie didn't make much money so I doubt there will be a sequel. A shame but then not sure how they could top it anyway as the surprise factor will be gone.

as i sat here reading this i am at my friends house who does art for comics such as shazam, amory wars, and farscape as well as a few others and has lived all things comics....

i told him your comment and he said that the mark millar is currently workin on the sequal and that the movie made approximately 400% of the cost of production.

so i looked up the stats here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-Ass_(film)

Release date(s)26 March 2010 (2010-03-26) (United Kingdom)

16 April 2010 (2010-04-16) (United States)Running time117 minutes[1]CountryUnited States

United KingdomLanguageEnglishBudget$28 million[2][3]Gross revenue$96,031,873[4][5]

The film earned over $12 million internationally in advance of opening in the United States.[4][5] On its debut weekend in the United States, it took in $19.8 million in 3,065 theaters, averaging $6,469 per theater.[4] Kick-Ass was reported #1, ahead of How to Train Your Dragon by a mere $200,000, which was in its third week of release. However, these numbers for Kick-Ass's debut weekend gross included non-weekend earnings, as the film was previewed during the Thursday night prior to its release. This has led to the speculation that How to Train Your Dragon would have been #1 for the weekend of April 16th had these earnings not been counted.[54] The opening week numbers were considered by some analysts and the media to be a disappointment,[55][56] though by others to be "fairly solid."[57]

The film's final gross in the U.S. was $48,071,303 and $47,960,570 internationally.[4]

I saw this last week. Very cool movie. The choreography in Hit Girl's scenes and the one warehouse scene with Big Daddy was really good.

I was expecting Kick Ass to kick a little more ass though. He just gets beat up over and over. I hope he's trained a little better in the sequel :ols:

The 11 yr old girl slaughtering people with a blade just didnt do it for me. I am not easily put off but this did it to me. I turned it off and had no interest in finishing the movie. I get that its a comic and ironic but I am not amused by watching children cut people to pieces.

It was a shame b/c I really liked the idea of Kick Ass's story but the girl and her father ruined it for me.

The 11 yr old girl slaughtering people with a blade just didnt do it for me. I am not easily put off but this did it to me. I turned it off and had no interest in finishing the movie. I get that its a comic and ironic but I am not amused by watching children cut people to pieces.

It was a shame b/c I really liked the idea of Kick Ass's story but the girl and her father ruined it for me.

Just saw this yesterday thanks to Netflix and I felt the complete opposite. Personally I couldn't stand the main character and the movie really didn't pick up until HitGirl and Big Daddy showed up on the scene. Really sad about. Reallly powerful scene between Big Daddy and Hit Girl later on the in the movie that really got to me. Hopefully she's the main character if there's a sequel because she stole the show easily.

Archived