Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider - Malcolm Kelly believes he'll make the team

TSO

I don't think his top end speed is lacking. Go back to his college tape and you see him getting separation and making a ton of long plays. He's deceptively fast when he's striding. I bet the problem is his burst, but given his size, it's only a problem against certain types of cornerbacks--quick, strong, tough types that standout in press like Carlos himself.

Maybe so, but i've always viewed Kelly as having good initial straight line burst but like other taller receivers isn't very quick on short sharp cuts.

But i think he can get in and out of digs/post good enough.

I still don't think he's that fast top end but i still think he can makes plays downfield if he gets a step because once he does beat a DB he uses his body to keep them beat.

Ed McCaffrey--I think Malcolm will be fine.

That's a good comparison player i think of Marques Colston also.

For me, it just makes too much sense not go 3 wide in the base formation and start Kelly at Flanker, Thomas at SE, and Moss in the Slot with Fred Davis as the first man off the bench. We've got a similar setup to what Arizona had a year or two ago. I doubt either Kelly or Thomas gets cut, what's the upshot in it? Start them and they'll either sink or swim. Do we have anyone else that's more promising and worth keeping over them?

I would go ace personnell 2 WRs with a 2 TEs 1 RB as the base.

Maybe go twins WRs and stack the TEs opposite or just go ACE set and keep everything balanced.

Man if he gets cut, I'd be really disappointed.

I really like what Kelly brings to the table. Probably the best hands on the team besides Cooley. Has the size and athleticism to go up and grab a jumpball. Has enough strength to create separation.

He could EASILY be the number one option at WR on this team. But he never stays healthy. So I can't really blame the coaches if he gets cut.

Man if he gets cut, I'd be really disappointed.

I really like what Kelly brings to the table. Probably the best hands on the team besides Cooley. Has the size and athleticism to go up and grab a jumpball. Has enough strength to create separation.

He could EASILY be the number one option at WR on this team. But he never stays healthy. So I can't really blame the coaches if he gets cut.

You my friend just said it right there in your post, He has the talent to be one of the top WR's for us but he can't stay healthy and that could end up leading to his cut from the team. Yeah he may have the talent to dominate but if all we ever do is see him on the sideline then what point is there in holding onto him

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:rotflmao:

He's not going to get cut. Really all of this talk has been based on stupid speculation by Ryan O'Halloran? It's amazing how stuff like that takes wings and becomes bible a week later.

Kelly is a favorite of the coaches. He played in all 16 games last year. There is no one else on the bubble of our roster that is good enough to replace him.

How does any of that add up to him getting cut?

There is a reason they brought in Joey Galloway and a few other lesser known guys as insurance. I think there will be one surprise cut at the wide receiver position once the regular season starts. There are Zorn-Gibbs holdover guys and then there are Shanny guys. If you don't prove yourself, then you do not become one of Shanny's guys.

Archived