Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Why does he even talk about the Redskins

TGW21

LaCanfora just said that Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly most likely won't make the team bc of Joey Galloway and Mike Furrey.....I went to the Training Camp and Devin and Malcolm are doing pretty solid.....What are your guys thoughts on that "prediction"?

LaCanfora just said that Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly most likely won't make the team bc of Joey Galloway and Mike Furrey.....I went to the Training Camp and Devin and Malcolm are doing pretty solid.....What are your guys thoughts on that "prediction"?

JLC is an idiot.

LOL LOL LOL, JLC :doh:!!!!!!!! Find a new job JLC, because you are horrible at what you do

There is no reason for Shanahan to dog Thomas and Kelly as he is doing with Haynesworth as both receivers were at the offseason activities. Their problem is that they are just not that compelling as NFL wide receivers.

I still don't see how some of you continue to delude yourselves into thinking that Shanahan is secretly counting on Thomas and Kelly and that suddenly these guys are going to turn it on when the lights come on against the Dallas Cowboys.

There is doubt about their NFL futures.

That's why 38 and 33 year old street free agents like Galloway and Furrey are even in the picture.

...I still don't see how some of you continue to delude yourselves into thinking that Shanahan is secretly counting on Thomas and Kelly and that suddenly these guys are going to turn it on when the lights come on against the Dallas Cowboys.

Shanahan did say they'd been injured most of the off season and, "You can't impress anyone when you're not participating" or something like that.

I don't think he's "counting on" either of them, I think we're all HOPING they do something great, but "counting on" is too strong I think.

Shanny is playing the best players. If that happens to be Galloway/Furrey, then so be oit.

JLC is an awful reporter all the way around. He makes up crap and hopes it sticks. Wasn't he also busted for ripping off ES posters? How this guy went from local beat reporter to national reporter is beyond me. Talk about the Peter Principle being in full effect...

More blind JLC hatred :yawnee:

I wouldn't say it's blind and I wouldn't even say it's "hatred". We just can't stand the fact that, for a guy who's supposed to be a national reporter, he seems to be very inconsistent in his reportings at best. Look at guys like Adam Schefter, Chris Mortenson, and John Clayton. Those are real reporters.

There is no reason for Shanahan to dog Thomas and Kelly as he is doing with Haynesworth as both receivers were at the offseason activities. Their problem is that they are just not that compelling as NFL wide receivers.

I still don't see how some of you continue to delude yourselves into thinking that Shanahan is secretly counting on Thomas and Kelly and that suddenly these guys are going to turn it on when the lights come on against the Dallas Cowboys.

There is doubt about their NFL futures.

That's why 38 and 33 year old street free agents like Galloway and Furrey are even in the picture.

Riiiiight so there is no doubt about Brandon Banks, Anthony Armstrong and Terrance Austins careers in the NFL . Galloway, Wade and Furrey are surely only competing with Thomas and Kelly... I swear some people have never paid attention to the NFL rosters of teams this time of the year .

Kelly and Thomas are on a career trajectory no different to 90% of the WRs in the league last season . Most WRs take a time to adjust to the NFL .

For example Miles Austin - Came from no where and had his breakout year in year 4 of his career, Steve Smith of the Giants had his breakout year in year 3 of his career, Sidney Rice had his break out year in year 3 of his career Wes Welker caught fire in year 4 of his career Vincent Jackson.... etc etc ....

You do have guys who come in and are rookie sensations because they find their groove right away but they can easily fade away (Eddie Royal anyone?) or are horribly inconsistent but the point is there are more players who have quiet initial careers to bloom in year 3 or 4 .

People writing these players off are being premature and or deliberately naive . The national and local reporters saying neither will make the team are simply trying to sell copy . Nothing I have heard sujests Kelly or Thomas have been sat on their hands hoping their 2nd round pick status will get them through another offseason rather the oppostite where they have been putting the work in and making improvements .

The reason JLC is universally despised is because he like so many WP beat reporters of the past spout this rubbish without going anywhere near Redskins park or talking to anyone but the janitor ... i mean team sources ...

While I am not overly impressed with Devin Thomas or Malcom(B) Kelly at this point I don't really see either of them getting cut. Neither of them have really been given the opportunity to showcase their talent. I mean the last few years they have had a mediocre QB throwing to them behind the league's worst line.

HTTR

I was watching the same exact thing. Hilarious that he comments on the situation when he clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Not a chance Devin Thomas gets cut, however I feel like Kelly could be one messed up hammy and 2 missed preseason games away from getting cut...

Archived