Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YS: Redskins’ Haynesworth crossed the wrong guy

Burgundy Burner

Just by his stance with Haynesworth, Shanahan has validated my season ticket purchase this year. I had no clue how the team would handle this only hoping they would not cave and give him away for a bag of chips. After this whole episode with the conditioning drill I believe the even Haynesworth will grow from the experience.

This team feels like night and day from the last few (including Gibbs 2.0). Every year at my FF draft the guys get together and tlak about their teams expectations for the upcoming season. Last 2 yrs i just felt like the tea was going backwards. I had no confidence in JC or Zorn.

Initially I didn't like the McNabb move as I wanted the team to go with a young gun, but the more I read, I am loving the DM/Shanahan combo. I can't wait to see the team in action this year. :saber:

Same mentality of the Willie Lynch letters. Bet this would not happen to Cooley

If CC decided not to show up to OTA's took money and asked to be traded, he caused distractions and challenged the coach then you can bet it would have happened to him as well. Some people know better, some people can check their egos and wallets at the door and stop being a distraction. AH deserves everything he gets.

Willie Lynch letters....... Wow. Also i don't think Cooley has the make-up to take 21 mil payday and turn his back on the team.......not a good comparison either.

I personally believe they should run him the rest of the weekend. He needs to prove to the team and his teammates that he is on board with them.

Part of me really likes the drill sergeant image.

"That's right, Private Pyle. Don't make any effort to get over the obstacle. If God wanted you over the obstacle He would have miracled your ***".

The impression I get is that drill sergeants are taught, in drill sergeant school, that the best way for one DI to dominate 30 recruits is to pick one recruit, and pick on him unmercifully. And the rest of the recruits will obey, because they don't want to volunteer to take That Guy's place.

Well, this year, Albert volunteered to be "That Guy".

Maybe another aspect of Shanahan's plan is to make himself the bad guy for now, so the other players who were bad-mouthing Albert when he was missing workouts, will start to see him as a sympathetic figure. He will start to talk with them and rebuild whatever respect was lost.

Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

Maybe another aspect of Shanahan's plan is to make himself the bad guy for now, so the other players who were bad-mouthing Albert when he was missing workouts, will start to see him as a sympathetic figure. He will start to talk with them and rebuild whatever respect was lost.

This is also true. Really, anyone who has ever been in a management or leadership position, where you are in charge of a large operation of many people, can see right through what Shanahan is doing. Shanahan is not doing anything unusual here. Really, this is Leadership 101.

Anybody who thought that Haynesworth would just waltz back into Redskins park, like the last 6 months never happened was delusional. Bottom line is, it CAN NOT be that easy.

I could see that plan, too.

Shanny is mean to poor Albert for 3-4 days, then eases off.

And the rest of the team, who were rather ticked at the guy, themselves, decide that "well, he got what he needed", and move on.

LOL this is such a joke, Shannahan won when Albert swalloed his pride and rejoined the team, now all he is doing is showing that he is an egotistic vindictive napoleon. if he runs AH iff then im sure some of the stupids will be very happy, until they recall that our Dline without AH is a joke.

Showing up was just the beginning, and should be. Just because he showed up he should be forgiven? Maybe he should just say sorry, with 21m? I too was in the military, and you don't graduate Boot Camp just by showing up! If everything in the world was that easy it would all be worthless and lazy, ooohh just like AH! If he puts in the time and effort, he'll be back and better than ever.

It most certainly would, maybe even worse. He has more diehard fans than AH ever will. There would be some serious resentment if he acted in the same way.

BTW. I don't think CC and AH should be mentioned in the same thread. ever!

I think a lot of you guys aren't seeing what's going on here. Al's teammates all spoke out against him for putting himself above the team. Shanny is punishin AL for doing this, and when Al passes the fitness test his teammates will feel that he has earned his spot and not that it was just given to him.

This is the best thing for Al. When he comes back there won't be nearly the hard feelings and this will bring the team closer. Al does what the coach asks him and not ***** and whine and the other players will respect him again.

The good news is we don't need Haynesworth. He'd be a great addition if he buys in, but if he doesn't then the only thing lost is the money.

Really?!?! There is another AH on the roster. Sweet. What's his name and how many Pro Bowls does he have? You have no clue.:doh: We would better off if this whole thing end and AH is a vital part of this defense.

LOL this is such a joke, Shannahan won when Albert swalloed his pride and rejoined the team, now all he is doing is showing that he is an egotistic vindictive napoleon. if he runs AH iff then im sure some of the stupids will be very happy, until they recall that our Dline without AH is a joke.

Swalloed his pride????? He gets paid $41,000,000 to show up

wow that a big number

that is awesome...the beautiful irony in this story is that Haynesworth from the onset, said that the reason he was out of shape last year was because he trained in the offseason with the team, and that this year he was going to need to do his own training in order to get in shape. I love what Shanahan is doing. If he were to cave into Haynesworth it would only be the start of a long painful chain of events...

Now everyone on the team knows what the deal is....they know Shanahan is serious, and it doesnt matter who you are...he will treat everyone the same.

Precisely. He'll get the most out of Albert this year, all while gaining the respect of the team AND, by seasons end drive up the value of fat Al so we can ship him out.

This team is 100% headed in the right direction. Shanahan is doing what Zorn (duh) and even our own Gibbs could not. Its about freaking time!

i think a lot of you guys aren't seeing what's going on here. Al's teammates all spoke out against him for putting himself above the team. Shanny is punishin al for doing this, and when al passes the fitness test his teammates will feel that he has earned his spot and not that it was just given to him.

This is the best thing for al. When he comes back there won't be nearly the hard feelings and this will bring the team closer. Al does what the coach asks him and not ***** and whine and the other players will respect him again.

+1

This is what the team needs. Snyder probably knows it's wise to back off and let the coach do his thing.

Lord Farqwad? Back off? You're crazy if you dont think that all of this is being done with the blessing of the Dan. After all, it was the Dan that AH publically embarrassed and fleeced, Shanny just happened to be in the way when AH flicked Snyder off.

We'll see how this ends. So long as Coach Hardass is in line with the Dan, things will be cool. Right now, he's trying to recoup some of the Dan's money, so he's got a green light ot do as he wants.

The only thing that really concerns me with MS is his past experience with Al Davis. Now, Al Davis is the standard bearer of meddlesome, hugely egotistic owners. But the Dan is not far behind. Ask the last coach who forgot who the real boss was -- Marty.

Swalloed his pride????? He gets paid $41,000,000 to show up

wow that a big number

Man, don't even bother. Ryman has it out for the new front office and coach since day one. He has also had a thing for AH and defends him constantly. You are wasting your time.

I said this in another thread: Just a thought, but maybe Shanny is pulling a Herb Brooks and alienating Al initially to cater to his vets who were pissed and now moreso that might get his team to actually feel for or back Al and make them pull for him...thus dispersing any hatred of the team towards Al and all towards Shanny. If they all start to fear/loathe Shanny then they won't do the same with Al and it might bring some cohesion as they won't have enough energy to hate them both. Just a thought and it would be pure genius.

This is a team with a lot of talent and wants to succeed. But Discipline over the years has been pretty poor.

A lot of people have said it in many different ways. Those people were accurate. Here is how I see Shanahan saying it, paraphrasing George S. Patton:

"In about fifteen minutes, we're going to start turning these [men] into fanatics - razors! They'll lose their fear of the [opponents]. I only hope to God they never lose their fear of me."

Kinda cliche, I know.

But I havn't heard too much from Portis lately, other than reported observations that he knows what's coming, and that he has followed orders like a razor since Shanahan was named coach.

I can't decide if Shanahan secretely hopes Haynesworth gets in line and becomes one of those stories about a player who was finally tamed by his coach and made a cornerstone of the team.

Or if he's trying to run Haynesworth out of town.

Either way, it's going to be interesting to see the results. The good news is we don't need Haynesworth. He'd be a great addition if he buys in, but if he doesn't then the only thing lost is the money.

exactly.

i can't sympathize with anyone who makes $100 million and is a total ***** about it.

Archived