Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Out of Work? Republicans send their smypathy!

NoCalMike

I support unemployment benefits, (I was within a month of needed them myself)especially now, but there does have to be a point where the hard fact that they have to be paid for somehow.

Why is it to much to ask for spending in other areas to be reduced in order to pay for this needed service?

Why the concern for all of the sudden? It wasn't a problem for you (not you SS, the collective you's) 19 months ago.

:evilg:

Why the concern for all of the sudden? It wasn't a problem for you (not you SS, the collective you's) 19 months ago.

:evilg:

I definitely think there was concern for all spending for many years and throughout many admins. Just depends who you are looking at (I dont believe that the general neo-con R cared too much, which I think was probably your point)

I definitely think there was concern for all spending for many years and throughout many admins. Just depends who you are looking at (I dont believe that the general neo-con R cared too much, which I think was probably your point)

Exactly. The GOP is being obstructionist because that is the their only true power these days. They hope to punish the american people, so that those people will turn on the DEMS and Obama.

It's a gutsy play - but it looks like its working.

LOL. Youre just bitter because two posts after telling someone that reading is fundamental, you showed your own ass by failing to read the OP.

If Boehner wrote it, it would have said "BY JOHN BOEHNER".

Its still a disgusting display of the liberal playbook.

Well, that's not even true and you know it. How many documents authored by a Congressmen are actually written by staffers. By John Boehner doesn't mean by John Boehner.

Well, that's not even true and you know it. How many documents authored by a Congressmen are actually written by staffers. By John Boehner doesn't mean by John Boehner.

I dont believe that you wrote this either. Probably some intern at NPR doing your bidding.

Exactly. The GOP is being obstructionist because that is the their only true power these days. They hope to punish the american people, so that those people will turn on the DEMS and Obama.

It's a gutsy play - but it looks like its working.

Of course, no way the D's passed this in hopes of buying those 3 million votes. Which is the only depth of their concern for those, "American people."

Just like the R's, it's all about getting elected.

Of course, no way the D's passed this in hopes of buying those 3 million votes. Which is the only depth of their concern for those, "American people."

Just like the R's, it's all about getting elected.

I am sure they did.

Of course, they did by helping people out - not buy punishing them.

So when did punishing the needy become the GOP strategy for winning? January 2009?

I am sure they did.

Of course, they did by helping people out - not buy punishing them.

So when did punishing the needy become the GOP strategy for winning? January 2009?

Nice spin that ignores the GOP submitting unemployment extensions 4 times.(with the stipulation it will be paid for,a stance the Dems used to push)

When did punishing the taxpayers become the Dems strategy for winning?:silly:

Some of us realize who will foot the bills for all spending excess...be it R or D.

When talking about a SARCASM METER, that is a term used to describe someone who has read a post and failed to see that the original poster was being sarcastic. It is not a term used to describe someone who MADE a sarcastic post. Its o.k, you dont have to invent a STORY about how you were really only just being sarcastic when you asked if Boehner actually sent the letter out. Especially since in an even earlier post you said you were CLARIFYING if Boehner really wrote it or not. Makes it look like you made a dumb mistake, got called on it, felt foolish, then lied about it. Not good, honesty is always the best policy. We just had a thread on a story similar to this moral situation about the lady giving the speech at the NAACP. Alot can be learned from that story.

Was trying to be sarcastic but failed in that respect, you got me there

The Republican party's line of "Make sure it is paid for" is a joke. How is that War On Terrorism that just topped 1 Trillion dollar being paid for? How about those tax cuts to the top 1% under Bush, how exactly were those paid for?

So now when the small guy is hurting, suddenly it is time to be "fiscally responsible" and sorry, go away!

Riiiight. "Has to be paid for" that is the lamest excuse.

Let the Bush tax cuts expire. That would be one easy option, as that would probably bring in more than unemployment insurance is dishing out.

The Republican party's line of "Make sure it is paid for" is a joke. How is that War On Terrorism that just topped 1 Trillion dollar being paid for? How about those tax cuts to the top 1% under Bush, how exactly were those paid for?

So now when the small guy is hurting, suddenly it is time to be "fiscally responsible" and sorry, go away!

Let the Bush tax cuts expire. That would be one easy option, as that would probably bring in more than unemployment insurance is dishing out.

I dont think you understand. I dont even like to use the words "GIVING ME A TAX CUT" because it infers that the govt is GIVING me something. BALONEY, they arent GIVING me a darned thing. They didnt earn the money....I DID, they didnt work for it....I DID, so how can they GIVE ME a tax cut? They cant, its MY money. It is ME that is GIVING THEM something when I pay my taxes. Dang, people are SOOOOOOO brainwashed.

More silly lies and smears. Meanwhile the utterly braindead libs eat it up like candy. So predictable. They werent against the unemployment benefits, they simply wanted them paid for instead of passing on the debt YET AGAIN.
Or maybe you've heard us called even bigger "hypocrites" because we insisted that any extended unemployment benefits be paid for, rather than adding to the deficit -- even though we aren't insisting that extended tax cuts for wealthy Americans be paid for, and even though those particular tax cuts add much more to the deficit than unemployment benefits would

Are you lying then? Considering what you mentioned was in the "letter."

Furthermore, I dont think you fully understand what letting the Bush Tax cuts expire means, it very well could also directly effect YOU!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"House Democrats recently adopted a budget with massive tax hikes, many of which are directed at those Americans who can least afford them. By allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire in 2010, this budget will raise income taxes not only on those in the highest income brackets, but raises the lowest bracket from 10 percent to 15 percent as well. Estates would again be taxed at 55 percent. The child tax credit would drop from $1,000 to $500. Senior citizens relying on investment income would be hurt by increases in dividend and capital gains taxes. It's not just that the Democrats want to raises taxes on the rich; they want to raises taxes on everybody."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how this will effect you personally, BUT.....you STILL want those tax cuts to expire?????

Are you lying then? Considering what you mentioned was in the "letter."

Tax cuts PAID FOR???????LMAO, Again, like the govt is actually GIVING them something...It is THEIR MONEY, how hard is that for people to understand. The Govt isnt actually GIVING them ANYTHING....we give to the govt, no matter what the tax rate, NOT the other way around.

Tax cuts PAID FOR???????LMAO, Again, like the govt is actually GIVING them something...It is THEIR MONEY, how hard is that for people to understand. The Govt isnt actually GIVING them ANYTHING....we give to the govt, no matter what the tax rate, NOT the other way around.

Though I didn't intend for that to be the point I was trying to make, they're pretty much the same thing when you want to refer to the deficit. One takes away a requirement that helps with the deficit, and the other doesn't impose a requirement that would help with the deficit.

I actually don't see your point, because it sounds like you want the benefits to be "paid for", but say that "paid for" isn't the right phrase when talking about taxes the rich pay? "Paid for" is referring to balancing out the difference in this case.

Archived