Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Out of Work? Republicans send their smypathy!

NoCalMike

As I posted earlier, the republicans were not against extending the benefits. They simply wanted them payed for instead of passing on the debt yet again. They wanted the money to either come out of the failed stimulus program, or by cuts somewhere else. This has been a matter of public record for awhile now, I thought everybody knew. Big dustup over nothing. Purely political in every sense of the word.

I still respect some conservative views on this board, except for his views. They sound like the nonsensical ramblings of a loon.

Cool. Im young, I'll get over it. Im sure Ill be o.k. Not everyone can agree on everything. Hey, isnt it a general rule of thumb on the net to attack a posters ideas but not attack the poster?

Cool. Im young, I'll get over it. Im sure Ill be o.k. Not everyone can agree on everything. Hey, isnt it a general rule of thumb on the net to attack a posters ideas but not attack the poster?

Well buddy, like it was said in another thread, you are lacking in reading comprehension, I said I don't respect YOUR views, which sounded like ramblings from a loon. Never said YOU were a LOON.

Reading is fundamental !!!

Wife......" Honey, we have to pay the mortgage right away but we have a big problem, we have no money"

Husband..." No problem honey, just take the money out of our vacation slush fund we have been saving for"

Wife...." But I dont want to use that money, we MAY still go on our trip, I want you to run down to the clip joint and take out a high interest loan to pay our mortgage payment"

Husband...." But honey, thats insane, a trip is a luxery, our mortgage is a true NEED, besides, who in the world pays a loan with a loan??

Wife,..." I dont care, now go borrow the money or were gonna be homeless!"

Husband..." But honey, we have the money right there,.......ahhhhhh forget it!"

Out of work? Republicans send their sympathies

By RICK HOROWITZ

Speaking of reading being fundamental.

It was a satire piece, written by a liberal in an attempt to smear the position of the GOP.

That was why I said it was funny, and was clarifying if Boehner really wrote it, so calm down with trying to stick up for you "buddy" over there Kilmer. Why don't you follow the thread and conversation before jumping in with your 2 cents with aint worth squat in this conversation.

well buddy, like it was said in another thread, you are lacking in reading comprehension, i said i don't respect your views, which sounded like ramblings from a loon. Never said you were a loon.

Reading is fundamental !!!

Wow, IS THIS EVEN FOR REAL? You are just playing, RIGHT??......

LOL. Youre just bitter because two posts after telling someone that reading is fundamental, you showed your own ass by failing to read the OP.

If Boehner wrote it, it would have said "BY JOHN BOEHNER".

Its still a disgusting display of the liberal playbook.

That was why I said it was funny, and was clarifying if Boehner really wrote it, so calm down with trying to stick up for you "buddy" over there Kilmer. Why don't you follow the thread and conversation before jumping in with your 2 cents with aint worth squat in this conversation.

Says the man who's very 1st post in the thread was off topic.

You're not exactly lighting up the thread with responses that are worth anything near 2 cents yourself. I'd recommend easing up. A lot.

Geez. . It's almost Friday. It's Summer. Relax folks.

The GOP is trying to paint itself as having supported the idea of unemployment extensions with fiscal responsibility. Yet this is the same party that embraced fiscal irresponsibility when the economy was powerful — at the end of the Clinton era, when Bush took office and we had one of the greatest budget surpluses in history.

LOL. Youre just bitter because two posts after telling someone that reading is fundamental, you showed your own ass by failing to read the OP.

If Boehner wrote it, it would have said "BY JOHN BOEHNER".

Its still a disgusting display of the liberal playbook.

I read the opening piece and I said I thought it was funny, so calm down, I am not bitter.

Hey, GOP, A crisis is not the right time to cut back. Rich people — and nations — stay rich by not spending money, but poor people have to spend in order to stop being poor. As individuals, we spend what we can scrounge up on getting enough gas to get to interviews, clothes to wear to said interviews, and babysitters to watch the kids while we interview. As a nation, we have to spend on unemployment extensions so that as individuals we have something to spend. Your financial timing is completely backwards.

Hey, GOP, A crisis is not the right time to cut back. Rich people — and nations — stay rich by not spending money, but poor people have to spend in order to stop being poor. As individuals, we spend what we can scrounge up on getting enough gas to get to interviews, clothes to wear to said interviews, and babysitters to watch the kids while we interview. As a nation, we have to spend on unemployment extensions so that as individuals we have something to spend. Your financial timing is completely backwards.

Funny Dems were preaching fiscal responsibility until it became inconvenient

Wonder why?

http://republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_Id=ba781dfa-82ef-46bf-97cf-9d7213d7ade8

The President, Democrats Previously Praised Fully Offset Unemployment Benefits, But Last Month Rejected Offset Benefits Proposed By GOP Four Times

FLASHBACK NOVEMBER 2009: OFFSET UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS “FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “It Is Fully Paid For, And So It Is Fiscally Responsible.” “Now, it's important to note that the bill I signed will not add to our deficit. It is fully paid for, and so it is fiscally responsible.” (President Obama, Remarks, 11/6/09)

SEN. HARRY REID (D-NV): “These Benefits Are Fully Offset…” “Summary of Reid-Baucus Amendment: Extended Unemployment Benefits. Provides unemployed workers in all states who have exhausted benefits with an additional 14 weeks of benefits. Authorizes an additional 6 weeks of benefits for workers in high unemployment states (those with unemployment rates of 8.5% or higher). These benefits are fully offset...” (Sen. Reid, Press Release, 11/4/09)

WHITE HOUSE FACT SHEET: “It Is Fiscally Responsible, Paid For.” It is fiscally responsible, paid for by postponing tax provisions benefiting U.S. multinational corporations and other measures.” (“Fact Sheet: The Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009,” The White House, 11/6/09)

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN (D-CA): “This Adds Up To A 20-Week Extension Of Unemployment Benefits For Those In The Toughest Job Markets. The Legislation Is Fully-Offset, And Would Not Increase The Deficit Or National Debt.” (Sen. Feinstein, Congressional Record, S.10910, 10/29/09)

Guess I should have put my sarcasm meter on......never mind

When talking about a SARCASM METER, that is a term used to describe someone who has read a post and failed to see that the original poster was being sarcastic. It is not a term used to describe someone who MADE a sarcastic post. Its o.k, you dont have to invent a STORY about how you were really only just being sarcastic when you asked if Boehner actually sent the letter out. Especially since in an even earlier post you said you were CLARIFYING if Boehner really wrote it or not. Makes it look like you made a dumb mistake, got called on it, felt foolish, then lied about it. Not good, honesty is always the best policy. We just had a thread on a story similar to this moral situation about the lady giving the speech at the NAACP. Alot can be learned from that story.

Funny thing is I know 3 people who all of a sudden found jobs the month their unemployment ran out. Coincidence? Doubt it.

I'm calling bull**** on this one. The max you can get from unemeployment is something like 1200 per month, and you had to be making pretty decent money to get that much. Nobody is laying around living on unemployment. It's not enough to live on.

I'm calling bull**** on this one. The max you can get from unemeployment is something like 1200 per month, and you had to be making pretty decent money to get that much. Nobody is laying around living on unemployment. It's not enough to live on.

Not here in Wisconsin. Im a small contractor with 4 employees. Had to temporarily lay off a couple guys last winter for 2 months, they were collecting 375.00 each per week. Not all that much money, but not too bad either when needed as a safety net.

I support unemployment benefits, (I was within a month of needed them myself)especially now, but there does have to be a point where the hard fact that they have to be paid for somehow.

Why is it to much to ask for spending in other areas to be reduced in order to pay for this needed service?

Archived