Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: 100 greatest players show (only 2 Skins?)

hail2skins

Peyton Manning will be in the top 10 with Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Reggie White, and someone else I can't think of at the moment because I THOUGHT Sammy Baugh was a shoo-in for top 10.

Thatr someone else will probably be Don Hutson...the only WR who totally outdistanced his peers like Rice did.

Baugh should be in the top 10 for the same reason Sweetness is in...his insane versatility and incredible passion for the game.

We should have guessed this list was going to skew young, however...not only Baugh, but quite a few old time players (like Nagurski) were too low on this list, in my opinion.

The weird thing about Sabol, though, is that he's not a notorious 'Skins hater (though he's a big time Eagles fan).

I guess, though, it was NFL films that coined the term "America's Team" for...that other team...

If Baugh isn't at least in the top 5, the list is a joke. Baugh is the greatest player to grace the NFL, and I don't say that just because he was Redskin.

Baugh, Riggins, Green, Jurgensen, and (Bobby) Mitchell should be on that list.

Have to disagree here. Johnny Unitas was the greatest!!!!!!!!

Namath over Baugh is ghastly. I tell ya, no one has gotten more mileage out of ONE STINKING GAME than Joe Namath.

The guy threw 50 more INT's than TD's. 50. And he's a top 100 player. Over Sonny Jurgensen.

If we're going to give people passes for injuries and judge them on their absolute best and not their entire body of work, then Bo Jackson should be on the list.

Archived