Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: 100 greatest players show (only 2 Skins?)

hail2skins

Today on 980 Pollin/Czaban had on Steve Sabol, who indicated they were going to have a 100 NFL Greatest Players show sometime in the relatively near future (I'm assuming he was referring to NFL Network, and didn't catch exactly when this program would be on). Anyway, Sabol said that the Bears and COWBOYS (I know everyone on here will love this) are represented in the greatest numbers on the list, and when asked how many Skins are on the list, Sabol thought for a second and said "Two."

I'm assuming one of them is Sammy Baugh.....who is the other? If its not Shar Pourdanesh I'm going to be pissed (j/k......will it be Sonny?)!

Darrell Green fails to make this list the list is worthless. Well the list is worthless anyway even if he does make it. These top lists are just opinions and they never really say how they are compiled or the criteria. A Monkey could pulls names out of a hat with the top 1000 and it could be argued that they are the top 100. JMHO.

The weird thing about Sabol, though, is that he's not a notorious 'Skins hater (though he's a big time Eagles fan).

I guess, though, it was NFL films that coined the term "America's Team" for...that other team...

If Baugh isn't at least in the top 5, the list is a joke. Baugh is the greatest player to grace the NFL, and I don't say that just because he was Redskin.

Baugh, Riggins, Green, Jurgensen, and (Bobby) Mitchell should be on that list.

Darrel Green fails to make this list the list is worthless. Well the list is worthless anyway even if he does make it. These top lists are just opinions and they never really say how they are compiled or the criteria. A Monkey could pulls names out of a hat with the top 1000 and it could be argued that they are the top 100. JMHO.

Good choice, there should be at least 5 Redskins on this list.

It's going to be Baugh and either Darrell Green or Kenny Houston.

Riggins doesn't deserve it, nor does Huff or Battles or Mitchell. The closest other possibilities are Jurgenson and Charley Taylor. Jurgensen in particular is underrated by football historians.

No one should be insulted by this. The Redskins have always been about success as a team, not about individual stars.

It's going to be Baugh and either Darrell Green or Kenny Houston.

Riggins doesn't deserve it, nor does Huff or Battles or Mitchell. The closest other possibilities are Jurgenson and Charley Taylor. Jurgensen in particular is underrated by football historians.

No one should be insulted by this. The Redskins have always been about success as a team, not about individual stars.

I suppose so.

And yes, Jurgensen is VERY under rated.

How has this thread gotten to 11 posts and no mention of a man I call Art Monk? In my opinion, the 2nd best receiver to play the game. Be tough to make a list of 100 without him on it. I can't see him not being there, or the best, fastest CB ever, Darrell Green.

Has to be Baugh and Green. Riggins probably should be, but I could see him being beaten out by a bunch of RBs...Green, not so much at CB.

And that's the point. Green was a shut down corner before they coined the phrase. Not even debatable. Several HOF WR's have shown DG the love. I bet Deion makes it and he was with what four teams?

Green and Baugh if it is only two. Monk if three, IMO. But it is kind of crazy considering some of the other guys the Skins had. You watch and see who they put on there, there is going to be some heated debate when that comes out.

The list from the skins should include Sammy Baugh. It definitely should have Darrell Green. It should have Riggins. It will probably have Sam Huff, although you really can't count him as a Skins player entirely. It will have players like Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders, but it won't have players like Ken Houston which will be a travesty. It probably won't have players like Bobby Mitchell and Charley Taylor who absolutely deserve it. Another player who should be in there is Art Monk, but I doubt sincerely that any of these players will make it other than Green and Baugh.

Archived