Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome Madden 11 Promo Clip - Divisional Preview (NFC East)

BurgundyBlog

Meh, I see no new animations, in fact I see the same garbage break tackles from mediocre backs that plagued the last couple releases!

I'm officially done with EA but I will rent the game because the Madden Franchise will no longer get my money.

Meh, I see no new animations, in fact I see the same garbage break tackles that plagued the last couple releases!

I'm officially done with EA but I will rent the game because the Madden Franchise will no longer get my money.

Really? I saw some great WR/CB interaction and catch animations in the Redzone that used to NEVER happen. A fade? A WR going TO the ball in the air? Now it exists.

I just hope they fixed the retarded WR-Out animations that make your WR run out of bounds no matter how hard you jerk the stick back in bounds, or make the WR run 5 yards backwards on a comeback route after he makes the catch.

I read the development blog, they have fixed those things.

Until EA gets any real type of competition this is pretty much as good as it gets

I used to love the old Sega 2K NFL games before EA managed to get the NFL to give them exclusive rights. Competition was a good thing and 2k was making the better game.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again....EA can pretty much expect my 59.99 every year for madden no matter what they do...I love this game it is my favorite of all time and i will continue to love it

one thing i can see in the clip i dont like that madmonkey brought up is the easy broken tackles. look at felix jones just break that tackle when he was wrapped up, nah. but im a maddenite and will get it and love it.

It's a promo clip. I don't think Felix Jones getting wrapped up and tackled for a 2 yard gain is gonna look very good when Cris Collinsworth is hyping him up. lol

It's funny how there is somebody always complaining about Madden year after year. Then when they throw Sega's 2K Football in it, it gets funnier. 2K was an arcade style game compared to Madden. If you want to play arcade football, go get a copy of Blitz. Madden is for football players.

personally, i think video games have gone downhill since Madden '93 for sega genesis. that game used only A, B, and C buttons to turn earnest byner into eric dickerson.

of course, if i'm getting historical, it would be downright negligent not to mention charles mann, neal olkewicz, and the rest of the rich tapestry of Tecmo Bowl I for old school nintendo.

It's funny how there is somebody always complaining about Madden year after year. Then when they throw Sega's 2K Football in it, it gets funnier. 2K was an arcade style game compared to Madden. If you want to play arcade football, go get a copy of Blitz. Madden is for football players.

*assuming your post was directed towards me, since I brought up the 2k games. If not, please ignore*

I wasnt complaining about Madden. I love Madden. I buy it every year and have, pretty faithfully, since I was a kid. However, I also liked the 2K NFL games. Those games (back before they lost the ability to make them) werent arcade style. They were lifelike style, just like Madden. They played a little differently, but I liked the way the running game felt compared to Madden. The passing was always better in Madden though.

Either way, EA having sole ownership of NFL games is not a good thing for the genre. It leads to EA being able to just change a few graphics and the rosters every year and people will come running to snatch it up. Competition makes for better NFL games, which is all I care about.

EDIT: The ESPN NFL 2K5 in 2005 (duh) game was the last of the series before ESPN and NFL signed exclusively with EA. Sega did release a 2K8 All Pro series that looked pretty arcade-like and didnt contain NFL rosters but some old NFL stars. I didnt play it so I have no idea what that was like. Maybe that is what you are thinking of when you think of the 2K series being arcade style.

Archived