Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sum Sum summertime Sum Sum summertime.. OoOo-Waa!

Bang

Well, this week they took offense to my use of the word "suck", last week they didn't like a song I played called "Dime a ***damned dozen", and one of them thinks that I'm the worst thing for American youth since the Beatles.

Yeehaw!

~Bang

Well, with that kind of reference, how can I not listen? Sounds like you're onto something. :evilg:

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours til some rock and roll mayhem.

The Lexington Park Ladies Lunch League has stepped up their campaign against the show, and I respond by being the usual foul mouth pusher of delinquency for all ages.

Tonight we've got ... The Ramones, Motorhead, the Raybeats, Man or AstroMan, the Pretenders, Hoodoo Gurus, The Makers, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Earthless, Pink Spiders, Sonic Youth, Mute Math, XTC, Flight of the Conchords, Agent Orange and a whole bunch more..

It's called the Bang Music Hour,, but it's closer to three hours..

Stop on in for a good time, enjoy a frosty beverage or five, but please, sign a waiver. I will not be responsible for any damage to your immediate area or person, nor will I be held liable for any arrest should you lose control.

~Bang

• 3 months later...

Howdy kiddies and cats!

If you're wrapping gifts or shopping online tonight, crank up the BANG MUSIC HOUR.

Rocking tonight til just about 10.

Good stuff this week, all sorts of nasty Christmas fun, with tracks ranging from Tool to Cab Calloway, and lots of the stuff in between.

Don't mind the crappy look of the site. it's being re-done. Just hit up the Listen now button, pick a stream, hide the breakables and get a fire extinguisher.

~Bang

• 1 month later...

Alrighty then! I've been assured and reassured that all computer problems at the radio station are handled, and tonight my show will go off without a hitch.

So unless the MAN tries to keep me down again, tonight will be some good rock and roll. Since a lot of you guys seem to think there's not much good music going on nowadays, the majority of what I'll be playing tonight will be from the 00s. Some of you guys aren't sure where to find new music, and as that other thread pointed out, it's tougher,, you really have to hunt.

Well, I actively hunt for it. And then every Wednesday I play what I find on the Bang Music Hour. So if you don't know where to look, I can at least give you a taste of some new stuff every week. I play music from the 50s on up to the present.

http://radio.thebaynet.com/index.cfm

Don't mind the site,, looks rough. just click the listen now button andpick a stream (I find port80 sounds best)

OK, so this week I've got a lot of newer music from bands like

Brian Jonestown Massacre,

Corey Harris,

Jerry Joseph and the JackMormons,

the Gories,

The Black Keys,

Left Lane Cruisers,

Soledad Brothers,

Bright Light Fever,

Cage the Elephant,

Arctic Monkeys,

Tyler Jakes,

Film School,

The Legends,

Southern Culture on the SKids,

Hosty,

Dash Riprock,

Supergrass,

Dandy Warhols,

Sun Dial

Oasis

Budda Bang!

Negatones

Kill Cheerleader

Pink Spiders

the Gurus

Eagles of Death Metal

Kaiser Chiefs

the Rakes

Infadels

Coliseum

Spoon

The Left

and from the past we've got some

Slickee Boys

Iggy and the Stooges

Generation X

David Bowie

The Feelies

Ronnie Dawson

Howlin' wolf

The Blasters

Link Wray

Little Walter

Cry Wilf

and if you can believe it.. more.

Hope you tune in at 7PM est tonight!

Be warned. I don't censor any of the music. Some of them have words that may not be good around kids or offices.

~Bang

I checked in for the first hour or so. First song I heard was The Saints, which were great band. I'm Stranded was a great record. All in all, I liked what I was hearing. Lots of garagey type rock and roll, which I love. I meant to post this last night but got caught up in the freak in the purple underwear on Survivor. Keep up the good work! I'll definitely check it out again.

Thanks! Glad someone tuned in.

I do like the garage sound.. I like the raw power, and the fact it's mostly not full of slick production. Rock and Roll is best when it's raw, in my opinion.

Now that the station has it's glitches under control, I'll be on every Wednesday, same time. I'll pop the thread back up next week for anyone else interested.

~Bang

FEBRUARY 23 2011 -

HEY HEY kiddies,, the Bang music Hour is set for this evening at 7PM est..

the link as always is

Hit the listen now button and choose a stream. I find Port80 sounds best.

Tonight, roughly 3 hours of non-comformity!

Featuring....

Social Distortion

Koffin Kats

Mag Seven

Devo

Man or AstroMan

Spaceman 3

the Jesus and Mary Chain

Pseudosix

Radiohead

Gorillaz

Supergrass

Dandy Warhols

Charlatans UK

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Black Market Baby

the Saints

MC5

Faith and Muse

Static thought

The Devlins

Arctic Monkeys

Bromhead's Jacket

and a lot more.

So, crack a frosty cold one and treat your speakers to some great music tonight.

~Bang

March 3 2011 -

HEY HEY kiddies,, the Bang music Hour is set for this evening at 7PM est..

the link as always is

Tonight, treat your speakers to three hours of great rock and roll. They'll love you for it. Mine love me so much they get my slippers and open my beer for me.

Featuring....

Lazy Cowgirls

The Caesars

Supergrass

The Progressives

The Dell-Vetts

Rancid

Big Six

Band of Horses

Thurston Moore

Spizz Energi

Richard Hell and the Voidoids

Rocco DeLuca and the Burden

The Eels

Radiohead (just for Bubbles)

Arcade Fire

Chameleons UK

The Squires

The Jam

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Pink Spiders

Heatmiser

Reverend Horton Heat

Motorhead

Placebo

Pseudosix

Faces

and more!

Listen to the show. Your significant other will give you sex.

~Bang

March 9 2011 -

Hey HEY it's Wednesday! I love Wednesday. I also love rock and roll music. And on Wednesday, i get to play three hours or so of my favorite stuff on Baynet radio at 7PM.

the link ..

I won't tell you that you're going to be any richer in the morning by listenng to it. But you will definitely be more sexually attractive.

In fact, if you listen tonight, and don't get laid in the following 24 hours, I'll give you your money back.

Featuring everything from nasty rock and roll to country to reggae to classic rock to rockabilly to surf to psychedlia to zydeco, from the likes of

Red Dons

Robbers on High Street

Gregg Alllman

Toots and the Maytalls

Luna

Pink Spiders

Brian jonestown Massacre

Wrinkle Neck

Thomas "Big Hat" Fields

Rolling Stones

Charlatans UK

Silversun Pickups

Richard Ashcroft

Beau Jocque

The Shins

The Smithereens

Lucinda williams

Ruse

and more...

Four out of five doctors agree. Listening to the Bang Music Hour will help you lose weight, re-grow hair, and be more sexually attractive.

The fifth doctor is just being a dick.

~Bang

While I had Bang's show on, I was visited 3 times by movie star beauties asking about the amazing musical bounty that billowed from my groovy domicile. Each one decided to stay and eventually all 3 were writhing in sublime awe. They begged me to introduce them to the man providing them with the delightful ear candy. When I refused, they said I'd have to do. They ravenously tore off my Hefneresque smoking jacket and the rest is not suitable for this forum. All I can say is that show changed my life and those of you who ignored it just have to tune in next time to experience the freakish good fortune that comes from blasting this show.

(Someeventsembellishedforshamelessadvertising. Helluvashowthough.)

Archived