Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Nephew: Haynesworth Working Out With Trainer in Knoxville

TSO

No, I totally understand your point of view and agree about the cancer part. I was just pointing out your contradictions about the money, that's all. As far as making our defense better - I think we are better with him on the field than with whomever his replacement would be. I don't mean "better" as in "better than last year" (eventhough we should be anyway).

I got dibs on a Kruller!!!

If he's still on the team during a 3-0 start, I think his whining goes away and he buys in. But he has to make it that far first. Winning cures everything.

I think we are more in agreement that disagreement. I won't say I don't care about the money, because I do. We could have had two or three workmen type players who played their butts off for what we paid Worthless. There are 31 other teams who make do with somewhat "no name" players.

But I also know what's in the past. And hopefully, that will be Fat Al soon! The "52 other" players on this team have moved on past Fat Al. They want no part of him. It is obvious from the comments of Fletch and AC that they don't trust him, regardless of whether he shows up on the 29th. He's missed team building exercises, and classroom time that he should have committed to learn the new defense. He's FAR behind! As AC said, there's a whole repetition and muscle-memory component that ALL of the other players have been working on for months. But not Fat Ass!

So .. at this point .. I would prefer that Shanahan and Bruce Allen inform him on the 29th that he will be riding the bench until/if they find another sucker (another team) to take him away (plus 8 hrs of wind sprints every day, or he can pay back the $21 million and go away). They would have my FULL support!

It's time to use the players we have that have bought into the system, and the rest can go find another team to play on. We've had ten years + of players coming to the Redskins to get their fat check and not put out. It's time to move on ..

Well, he does keep complaining about how we want him to be a square peg in a round hole....

Aside from the complaining the same could have been said for Ray Lewis when the Ravens converted to a 3-4... Hasn't worked out to poorly for him.

He's working out, doing reps with a box of crackers in one hand and a dispenser of cheese whiz in the other :laugh:

If Haynesworth is anywhere near the 330 that he was listed at in TN during his all-pro season in 2008, I will be very surprised.

Of course, if he shows up in shape but still refuses to play the defense, then to what good is his fitness to us?

He will THEN be a trade candidate, but he drove the value down so much in previous months it's hard to imagine getting that much for him.

As long as big Al comes 2 play I don't care how much of a jerk he is

Really? Man, you really have been a fan of a losing team all your life. Its like half of this board has no concept of how important team chemistry can be.

I think we should work AH 12 hours a day until he is 200 pounds and see if anyone takes an overpaid waterboy with a bad attitude...

If he acts up in camp, refuses to do certain drills, refuses to play, plays listless, takes plays off during the season, or whatever else he does to disrupt the team, suspend him without pay a game or 2 for lack of performance, keep doing that until the contract voids and take him for all he is worth. Danny should call all his creditors and get them to sue him and make him suffer in every way financially.

I am so tired of multi-millionaire whiners like AH, TO, etc. I think pay should be earned not thrown at someone. The XFL had it right. Pay everyone the same and if they perform better give them more money. Incentive pay makes you play.

The top 5 players at every position would be determined by what they do one the field not popularity or showboating. Let the showboats get the large shoe contracts if they want but on the field they play for their money. I guarantee that it would be rare if a showboat without showing great talent ever got a shoe contract of great size.

Via Twitter:

Rich_Campbell

I spoke to Tripp Smith, Haynesworth's personal trainer, for a story in tmrw's paper. He said AH will "open some eyes when he gets to camp."

Rich_Campbell

Smith said Haynesworth has lost 32 lbs since Apr. 5. He weighed in at 330 this afternoon. He was listed at 350 in '09 media guide.

Via Twitter:

Rich_Campbell

I spoke to Tripp Smith, Haynesworth's personal trainer, for a story in tmrw's paper. He said AH will "open some eyes when he gets to camp."

Rich_Campbell

Smith said Haynesworth has lost 32 lbs since Apr. 5. He weighed in at 330 this afternoon. He was listed at 350 in '09 media guide.

32lbs? 350-330 = 20 no? That dudes math is off :silly:

Did he specify what his weight was on Apr 5th? 362? ( i dont "tweet")

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/072010/07142010/561567/index_html?page=2

According to that article, he weighed 362 on April 5th. So if his trainer is telling the truth (questionable, I know), then Haynesworth's lost 32lbs in just over three months.

Regardless, this does put him in the weight range he was in when he played his last two seasons for Tennessee. If he's just as fit and effective as he was then, it would go A BIT of a way towards making me happy.

Aww, who am I kidding.... If he shows up, and can PLAY, I'll forgive pretty much anything. Hell, I'd take just knocking Tony Romo sits to pee on his ass a few times.

A guy as big as #92 should only have to take a couple #2s to lose 32 lbs. I mean congrats, but it's not like he's some workout warrior just because he lost 32 lbs in 3 months.

Exactly. To get that big in the first place, dude must have been doing nothing but farting in his couch cushions watching TV. Most of that was probably water.

Assuming he really is working out, of course.

Via Twitter:

Rich_Campbell

Rich_Campbell

The weigh in must not have included his huge ego....350 pound ass or 330 pound ass...still an ass. Just less of princess NOT to play NT and get carried off the field sucking oxygen.

He's working out, doing reps with a box of crackers in one hand and a dispenser of cheese whiz in the other :laugh:

If Haynesworth is anywhere near the 330 that he was listed at in TN during his all-pro season in 2008, I will be very surprised.

Of course, if he shows up in shape but still refuses to play the defense, then to what good is his fitness to us?

He will THEN be a trade candidate, but he drove the value down so much in previous months it's hard to imagine getting that much for him.

The only reason he is working out is so he'll make himself more attractive as a trade option. He knows that if he shows up at camp way out of shape that even if we release him he'll have no teams wanting to sign him once he hits the open market because he'll be useless.

pixel.gifpixel.gif

Albert Haynesworth's personal trainer, Tripp Smith, says that his client has lost 32 pounds since they began their workout regimen on April 5.

Haynesworth controversially stayed away from Redskins Park all offseason, but this report confirms his claims about reporting to training camp in top condition. "I think he's going to open some eyes when he gets to camp," said Smith. Haynesworth is now back down to 330 pounds -- the same weight he was listed at last season. Of course, this could all be a backhanded slap at the Redskins because Haynesworth should be adding size if he was going to be a successful 3-4 nose tackle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Well I have mixed emotions. The smart side of me says this guy is not going to be a team player and needs to be wearing some other colors. But the fanaticle side of me says this guy could be a beast and really help our defense.

Archived