Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

IF TK said something about the trade than it really isn't a rumor.

I have mixed fealings just because all of the draft picks the skins are trading away. The front office must think they can win now to do a vinny and throw all the draft picks out the door.

If they do a trade and give a 2nd round pick, then next year they'll have the 1st round pick, the 5th, 6th and 7th rounder for the draft.

For what we'd gain though.... It'd be damn worth it.

For what we'd gain though.... It'd be damn worth it.

I've heard that before...

It will be interesting to see if it the problem was just vinny not picking the right players or the whole philosophy about trading/Free agency to build a team.

I have mixed fealings just because all of the draft picks the skins are trading away. The front office must think they can win now to do a vinny and throw all the draft picks out the door.

If they do a trade and give a 2nd round pick, then next year they'll have the 1st round pick, the 5th, 6th and 7th rounder for the draft.

Soup's right at this rate we won't even have to watch the draft (no picks) but something feels different with Allen running the show...with pretty much every trade for picks this offseason we have gotten younger and more talented and Jackson would add to that trend. The only "old vet" is McNabb and he still has tons of fuel left in the tank. If Vinny were here there is NO DOUBT we would have T.O or traded a 2nd for Marvin Harrison and signed Flozel instead of waiting for Brown... point is who would we use that 2nd on next year anyway a future pro bowl WR like Jackson is now??? I say do it give McNabb another weapon because so far the young guys Vinny drafted are not ready...and that is a shame at least DT IMO.

I've heard that before...

It will be interesting to see if it the problem was just vinny not picking the right players or the whole philosophy about trading/Free agency to build a team.

It's a mix of both, but even picking the right players can backfire. Football is a rough, team sport and individual players don't make as much of a difference as building a team that works well together. To do this, you generally want to develop guys from their rookie seasons into your system. Along that same vein, you have to be able to build depth because guys are going to inevitably go down to injury and you need someone in there to step in without losing much.

Trading away draft picks isn't the way to accomplish either of those goals. I'm going on record to say if we trade for VJ, we're going to regret it. Even if he puts up a Pro Bowl year or two, we're going to regret it where wins and championships are concerned.

Being left with one pick in the first four rounds next year would be tough to swallow....but I think what we might not understand (if that does come to pass) is FatBoy....what if we trade our 2nd for Jax and then move Tubby for a 2nd and 3rd? or a 3rd and 4th? Then we still have most of our picks...we've got a devastating crop of WRs and the self proclaimed King of the Dipsh*ts is out the door....

there could be a lot more going on....

The difference is that Dall-ass drafted Williams. Jackson has actually proven he can be good in the pros.

Why on earth would you think I'm talking about a safety when the discussion is about WRs? Catch up bro.

That just goes to show how much of a force Roy Williams the WR actually is :ols:.

Roy Williams was a force in Detroit. (is that even possible?)

http://www.nfl.com/players/roye.williams/profile?id=WIL511864

That fourth year he had 800+ yards and only played 12 games. He would have well over 1,100 yards that year. Obviously JJ thought R. Williams was the real deal too which is why he traded a 1st and 3rd for him as well as handing him a brinks truck of money. By far his biggest blunder ever.

The only players I would trade heavily for and pay that sort of cash are Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Jun. 29 - 8:38 pm et

According to ESPN.com's Bill Williamson, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is a "big" fan of Vincent Jackson.

V-Jax was the next player on Shanahan's draft board back in 2005 when the Broncos selected Darrent Williams at No. 56. Williamson suspects the Bears would be "willing to give up a nice pick," but the Seahawks and Redskins remain the front-runners. Both teams are believed to be willing to meet V-Jax's contract demands. The Redskins are already short on draft picks, however, so they'd have to get creative with a return package.

Source: ESPN.com

Related: Bears, Chargers, Redskins

We need to get this dude.

I agree. This would be going after quality at a price instead of going after a name at a price. If we aquire his services. I hope we re-do McNabbs contract before Vincents. Actually, I take that back. Id hope we do Vincents contract first. He is younger and has the potential to be with us longer.

Trading away draft picks isn't the way to accomplish either of those goals. I'm going on record to say if we trade for VJ, we're going to regret it. Even if he puts up a Pro Bowl year or two, we're going to regret it where wins and championships are concerned.

If he made two pro bowls we would regret it? There are some pretty good WRs in the NFC and to make two probowls would be quite a accomplishment and I would have to think that kind of productions would put us in a better position to win games.

I would let Moss go :D

But only if it was a straight up deal or we would be receiving more.... It would make no sense to package Moss for Jackson.

I think we need another wide receiver, not switch wide receivers. Unless the Shanahans see little potential in Kelly or Thomas, I don't want to see them go.

BTW, it's sad that this is usually the exciting time of season for the Redskins.

:rolleyes:hmmmm..... I wonder what would Vinny do right about now??...

Give up a 1st and probably more. IF this deal gets done you can bet that it will be along the lines of the other trades this offseason (Brown, McNabb and Carriker).

If he made two pro bowls we would regret it? There are some pretty good WRs in the NFC and to make two probowls would be quite a accomplishment and I would have to think that kind of productions would put us in a better position to win games.

Let's put it this way: let's say grabbing Jackson takes us from a top 15 offense to a top 5-10 offense. But let's say the picks used for Jackson could have gone toward drafting the players needed to fully transition into the 3-4 defense. Without the right personnel, we could drop from a top 10 defense to a defense ranked somewhere in the high teens to 20s. We'd take a net loss in rankings and we'd consequently be a worse team.

Now, I realize that method is HARDLY scientific and I'm not saying in the lease that everthing is going to play out that way. That being said, you can see my point that, IMO, it's better to build a team and add depth at several different positions rather than trying to fortify one area at the expense of another. Not every draft pick needs go toward a superstar because those guys will inevitably get hurt at one point or another. Bringing in multiple guys that provide good depth is the best way to win a championship. We've already used up next years picks getting McNabb and Brown, which may help us immensely this year. But what happens 3 or 4 years down the road when McNabb is 38 and Brown is 33? You use picks to draft guys in 2011 and they'll be good young depth for many years.

Hold up. Wait a minute. Let me put some pimpin' in it. :)

It's not IF I said something but what I've said. The dots are there, just none of you all have fully connected them.

If you recall, I mentioned that the Seahawks had inquired about V Jack & were turned down. Days later the media finally got ahold of it.

It's the Seahawks that are offering two Second Round picks for him.

Have we inquired about V Jack? Yes.

However the problem is 1) AJ is most likely going to give V Jack the Merriman treatment & keep him there. And 2) at minimum, it's going to cost a first round pick.

For the record, I think AJ should have jumped on the two second round picks given increasing rookie salaries & no one knows yet if next year is going to be uncapped, though most are planning on a capped year next season.

Also, the next blabbering fool that posts about trading Fat Albert for someone straight is getting banned for being a ****ing moron. :) Al ain't going anywhere without paying back money.

Al ain't going anywhere without paying back money.

While that has a nice ring to it, how does it play when we hear that the front office doesn't want him, the coaches can't work with him, the players can't stand him and the banks can't get any money out of him?

Somethings gotta give! So what gives?

:helmet:

Archived