Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

God forbid...

I'd much rather go to battle with the "army" we have now (minus AH) than to bring a guy in for that kind of price.

Exactly. Which is why a trade won't likely happen, and if it does we won't like it.

If we could pull off a trade involving players and not draft picks, I would be all in.

As for the money he is asking, well thats up to Allen. And as we have seen, he is very smart when it comes to the money.

In the end, if we fielded an offense with Moss, Jackson, Kelly/Thomas, Davis/Cooley, with McNabb throwing to them, it could get quite exciting.

I'm all for trading for Vincent Jackson, just not sure what we would give up to get him. They play a 3-4 so I doubt they would take Haynesworth off our hands. We're already down a 3rd and 4th rounder for next year's draft. So what players could we trade? They don't need a TE since they have Gates, they don't need a RB, so what could we possibly give them?

they don't need a RB, so what could we possibly give them?

Even if they needed a RB, we don't have one on our roster they'd want. But we COULD give up whatever they wanted. A first and second, two seconds, etc. However, we won't. You saw how we got Carriker, we switched 5th round picks. Allen won't give up two starters for one disgruntled WR.

Thank God.

Adam_Schefter

Three teams that have debated making a run at Chargers WR Vincent Jackson are Redskins, Seahawks and Bears. Trade still a longshot.

Adam_Schefter

RT @villair: What would it take to pry Vincent Jackson away from the Chargers? ... Brandon Marshall set market - two 2's or a 1.

Exactly. Which is why a trade won't likely happen, and if it does we won't like it.

More to the point, if it does happen, I think those of us that were cautiously optimistic about the culture change at Redskins Park will finally know what to expect in terms of the real fundamental change we were clamoring for during the depths of last season.

I'm all for trading for Vincent Jackson, just not sure what we would give up to get him. They play a 3-4 so I doubt they would take Haynesworth off our hands. We're already down a 3rd and 4th rounder for next year's draft. So what players could we trade? They don't need a TE since they have Gates, they don't need a RB, so what could we possibly give them?

Thats where this gets a little interesting, it would be ideal to do a player 4 player trade but then who's gonna want anything we have? the only thing we could possibly do is proposition a future draft pick + player, but then again we have little future draft picks to deal. The thought of having a play maker like this guy makes me super excited but then when reality sinks in, you start to wonder can we give up, do we have anything to give that wouldn't be too expensive?

If we can package up a reasonable deal to get Jackson, he would upgrade our offense tremendously. Hopefully a 2nd round pick + MK or DT would do it, but I doubt the Chargers would do that deal. Jackson is one of the most talented WR's in the game and has incredible upside. I think he will only continue to get better.

I understand why people are hesitant to want to trade future draft picks away, we have seen what our franchise has done the past 10 years trading away future picks. But we just spent 2 2nd rounders last year on DT and MK and while I think DT can be pretty good, I have little confidence in Kelly and his bum knee's. VJax is only 27 and signing him to a 4 year deal even if it is expensive would greatly help our team. I really think this team is a big time WR away from the playoffs with all the additions we have made. I say go after him hard...not sure if I would do 2 2nd round picks, but I don't think that is unfair value either, this guy is a stud!

I understand why people are hesitant to want to trade future draft picks away, we have seen what our franchise has done the past 10 years trading away future picks. But we just spent 2 2nd rounders last year on DT and MK and while I think DT can be pretty good, I have little confidence in Kelly and his bum knee's.

Using that logic we spent a first rounder on Coles. We spent a 3rd rounder on Mark Brunell. We spent a third and fourth rounder on Brandon Lloyd. We spent a third rounder on T.J. Duckett. We spent a second rounder on Jason Taylor.

None of those players started more than two seasons with us. Most of them didn't even do that.

VJax is only 27 and signing him to a 4 year deal even if it is expensive would greatly help our team. I really think this team is a big time WR away from the playoffs with all the additions we have made. I say go after him hard...not sure if I would do 2 2nd round picks, but I don't think that is unfair value either, this guy is a stud!

We have supposedly been a big time player away for 20 years now. We really have to stop. Seriously. Just stop. This team is AT BEST a big question mark that could really use an infusion of young cheap talent that only draft picks can provide. If we continue to give our picks away like monopoly money then nothing has changed on this team, and we will continue to act as if we are 'a player away' into oblivion.

Again, no thanks.

Personally I would not. Unless somehow I knew it was going to be a LATE 1st round pick.

Well if we did trade for VJax, I would definitely expect us to be a playoff team, which would mean a 1st rounder in the 20's. Would there be a WR in the draft that would be as good as VJax is also another thought.

Now here's a question...Would you give up a 1st rounder to get him if you knew we were targeting a WR in the 1st round next year?

No.

We need a few other things above a WR in the draft:

1) Future franchise QB (best use of our next years #1 in my opinion)

2) LB (if we are serious about 3-4)

3) NT

4) S

Keep in mind, I'm not sure where our 1st rounder will be (top or bottom of round) but those are the positions we most need an immediate impact player.

I think trading away our 1st rounder would set the team back.

Well if we did trade for VJax, I would definitely expect us to be a playoff team, which would mean a 1st rounder in the 20's. Would there be a WR in the draft that would be as good as VJax is also another thought.

Would VJax fit here as well as he did in SD?

The Redskins, of all teams, should now know that another team's vet is just as big a gamble as a draft pick is. Except a draft pick is cheaper. And younger. And hungrier. And will grow with our team rather than someone else's. And won't crush the team's cap if he doesn't pan out.

Have we learned nothing over the past decade?

No. Without hesitation I'd keep my pick.

More to the point, if it does happen, I think those of us that were cautiously optimistic about the culture change at Redskins Park will finally know what to expect in terms of the real fundamental change we were clamoring for during the depths of last season.

Exactly.

This right here.

We have supposedly been a big time player away for 20 years now. We really have to stop. Seriously. Just stop. This team is AT BEST a big question mark that could really use an infusion of young cheap talent that only draft picks can provide. If we continue to give our picks away like monopoly money then nothing has changed on this team, and we will continue to act as if we are 'a player away' into oblivion.

Great quote. I agree with this 110 percent.

No.

We need a few other things above a WR in the draft:

1) Future franchise QB (best use of our next years #1 in my opinion)

2) LB (if we are serious about 3-4)

3) NT

4) S

Keep in mind, I'm not sure where our 1st rounder will be (top or bottom of round) but those are the positions we most need an immediate impact player.

I think trading away our 1st rounder would set the team back.

I think McNabb has another 2 or 3 years left. I think we can hold off on drafting a QB until 2012. LB is a need, but we'll know more about that after this season, same with NT.

Would VJax fit here as well as he did in SD?

The Redskins, of all teams, should now know that another team's vet is just as big a gamble as a draft pick is. Except a draft pick is cheaper. And younger. And hungrier. And will grow with our team rather than someone else's. And won't crush the team's cap if he doesn't pan out.

Have we learned nothing over the past decade?

No. Without hesitation I'd keep my pick.

Well Kyle had Andre Johnson in Houston, so he would surely know how to get the most out of VJax. And considering VJax is only 27, he is still young and has plenty of football left in him. Could you imagine an offense with McNabb, VJax, Moss, Cooley, Davis, CP, and LJ? That's alot of weapons for teams to have to worry about.

Again I'm not saying we should trade a 1st rounder for him, but if the team believes we are close to making a run this season, a top tier WR would certainly put us close to the top.

Here's a good rule of thumb about trades:

If a trade makes perfect sense to you, it won't make sense to anyone else. Think of your 'reasonable' idea as a starting point, and then figure out what more you'd be willing to throw into the pot, say Cooley or a second round pick or our 2013 first rounder. When you get to the point that you say 'no frickin' WAY!' it'll make sense to the other side, and you now have your trade.

Shanahan shot down your logic with the Jamaal brown trade.

Now here's a question...Would you give up a 1st rounder to get him if you knew we were targeting a WR in the 1st round next year?

Targeting a WR in the first round is generally bonkers to begin with. Very few exceptions to that. Seems that too many end up being busts for the slot and money used.

Vincent Jackson | #83 | WR

San Diego Chargers

Height: 6-5 Weight: 230 Age: 27

Malcolm Kelly | #12 | WR

Washington Redskins |

Height: 6-4 Weight: 227 Age: 23

Devin Thomas | #11 | WR

Washington Redskins |

Height: 6-2 Weight: 215 Age: 23

MK is physically close in every aspect, the more i think about it, the more im leaning towards sticking with what we have. Production what our young WR's

are missing, right now V-Jax is producing but it did take him a good 4 years to get to the level he is at today. Our young guys are entering year three, If we stand strong with these guys will they get better? will they finally produce as tru franchise players?

Archived