Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crocodile v Shark. Who wins?

SkinnedAussie

Shark meets the real Jaws

CROCVSSHAR_TOP_IMAGE_650PX_K5224602_147640.JPG394569-croc-vs-shark.jpg

THIS monster crocodile has just proven who's the king of the swamp.

The 5m (16.4ft) saltie made mince meat of a bull shark at Kakadu National Park.

A bunch of tourists looked on in shock when they saw the croc chomping on the shark at the upper flood plains of the South Alligator River on Saturday morning.

The shark had already been bitten in two by the hungry beast when this photograph was taken.

But tour guide Dean Cameron, 34, believed it would have been at least 3m (9.8ft) long and weighed 60kg (132lb).

The next great debate will be cavemen versus astronauts.

In this case, I'll go with shark all photographic evidence to the contrary.

ETA: Does anyone recall what TV show they debated this topic on? I definitely remember it happening. Or at least I think I remember it happening.

well, the croc isn't invincible. I saw a female hippo attack a croc that was approaching its calf and bite him in half too. His body, or what was left of it, floated down the river where the birds started to land and consume him. Other crocs then joined the fray.

how did the shark get into the swamp? Yeah, I know, "swam," but that's kind of weird.

Bull sharks swim up rivers and such all the time, they can survive fresher water better than most sharks. I forget where I heard it, but I want to say that they're actually the number one shark for attacks on humans--primarily because they swim up rivers and get the people that are swimming (I want to say this happens a lot in places like China and India where people still use rivers for bathing).

how did the shark get into the swamp? Yeah, I know, "swam," but that's kind of weird.

Not so much swamp, but flood plains. A lot of the flood plains up there are still covered in water after a pretty heavy wet season.

The wet season is the rainy season. Only two seasons up there; the wet and the dry. It is currently the dry season. Wet season starts about mid - late October, with the dry season starting, officially, on May 1st.

Bull Sharks are pretty well known for that since they're weird in that they are salt water fish but they can spend a good amount of time in fresh water so they end up in shallow areas a lot. They're also really aggressive so maybe it was just trying to be a dick and start a fight...hindsight is always 20/20.

Bull sharks swim up rivers and such all the time, they can survive fresher water better than most sharks. I forget where I heard it, but I want to say that they're actually the number one shark for attacks on humans--primarily because they swim up rivers and get the people that are swimming (I want to say this happens a lot in places like China and India where people still use rivers for bathing).

ew, gross. You will never catch me swimming in a river. Shudder.

Bull Sharks are pretty well known for that since they're weird in that they are salt water fish but they can spend a good amount of time in fresh water so they end up in shallow areas a lot. They're also really aggressive so maybe it was just trying to be a dick and start a fight...hindsight is always 20/20.

omg sal****er lolllllllllllll did you see what the censors did

Seeing as how the shark was bitten in two, I'd say hindsight was probably 50/50 in this case.

Archived