Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Extra Points program transition (Redskins Mastercard)

MarkB452

Remember when Danny told us STH that we HAD TO have a Redskins Mastercard to buy season tickets? This info lasted about a week until Mastercard said "You can't do that, you gotta take ALL Mastercards"

Anyways, I was one of schmucks that got it. All in all, it has been a decent card and I have used my reward points to get LL tix for the Dolphins opener a couple of years ago and the Saints game last year. I was hoping to get some Dallas tix this year, BUT they are changing banks and the program ends at the end of August. I was hoping to get some tickets, but it has been confirmed that they are not offiering them.......RAT FARTS! Anybody with this card see anything worth getting? I am looking at the authentic Jurgenson jersey from 1974 (27,650 points).

Jurgesnson Jersey:

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3901052&cp=3524183.3524184.2237521.2241735

Catalog:

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/category/index.jsp;jsessionid=xy0fMcVDQ1pG1bxRCM1j21JLrM1n5JvWpKlrC1WDL2SJZwpfBj9Z!9223848?selectedTeam=3682920&categoryId=3682920

Thank you for contacting NFL Extra Points Customer Service.

Unfortunately, we will not be offering any tickets this year. We

apologize for the inconvenience. We encourage you to shop our website

for additional merchandise to purchase. Please keep in mind, the last

day to earn points will be 7/31/10 and the last day to redeem your

points will be on 8/31/2010. Please be sure to redeem all your points by

8/31/2010. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions regarding your NFL Extra Points credit card

account, please contact Bank of America Customer Satisfaction department

at 1-800-421-2110 for assistance.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and

thank you again for contacting NFL Extra Points Customer Service.

Sincerely,

Janna J.

Customer Service Representative

NFL Extra Points Customer Service

>> Hmmm....looking at other teams, I see the NE Patriots offering tickets and things under the Experiences tab. However, I don't see one for videotaping the other team's practices. :)

I been trying to decide what to get with the 28,642 points i've saved over the years. I look at something and then see how many points there asking then look it up at the redskins store or nfl store and see exactly how there ripping you off , I thought the NFL prices were high :doh:

I got the body pillow, a different pillow, and then the other day I got a rug.

Any of you plan on keeping the card when they switch banks? I really think I am not going to keep it. I thought the tickets looked cool when I started redeeming points (2 months ago grr) but I just do not think it is worth it.

I been trying to decide what to get with the 28,642 points i've saved over the years. I look at something and then see how many points there asking then look it up at the redskins store or nfl store and see exactly how there ripping you off , I thought the NFL prices were high :doh:

Yeah, do not compare points to prices on amazon or nfl shop.

I did that one night, and let me tell you that is quite depressing.

I thought I was going to apply for the new card in September but I am really thinking about letting it go. Bank of America will be switching the cards over to a new rewards card where you can use it for travel and merchandise. I may start using my hilton honors card as my primary card again so I can get the hotel points.

>> Get the Sonny Jersey. Just gotta make sure we both don't wear them the same week though. LOL, actually I would probably be afraid to wear the Sonny jersey for fear of spilling something on it. ...hmmm....back to the catalog....BTW, I'm around 36,000 points.

Well I tried to sign in and find out how many points I had and use them for what ever is left, I couldn't sign in so I called the number they gave and got one of the best run arounds outside of what you get dealing with the US Government. Basically the lady in customer no service told me that she didn't know how to help me. She gave me a 1 800 number that took me to another location which was supposed to be able to help but there was no way to talk to a human at that number and none of the options were of any help, when I dialed the number 0 to get a human it took me back to the original number I called first. So so far I'm in the Land of "Customer NO Service. I want that damn Chair.

After I posted this I just received an e-mail from NFL Extra Points customer service, who I had sent a request for help, telling me that they can't help me I need to call the number I originally called, I take it back this is worse that trying to deal with the US State Department and that is the worse Department to deal with in the entire US Government.

The Extra Points program seemed like a great deal when I signed up a few years ago. For 15,000 points (the equivalent of $150 reward dollars you would get with most other cards who offer a 1% cashback promotion), you could get a pair of lower level sideline tickets for any Skins game. 20,000 points got you a pair of seats in the Loge, and 25,000 got you in a catered luxury box.

I cashed mine in prior to last season, and of course the point requirements went up. I got a pair of sideline seats in the 200s (row 7) vs. Dallas for the 25,000 points I saved up. I think the luxury box (which I was originally saving for) was up to 35,000.

Not a horrible deal, but there are cards out there that will give you between 1% - 2% cashback bounus with ways to double your rewards. When you do the math, these offers are worth more than the Extra Points Program.

If you have the credit cards then Bank of America will convert these cards to general rewards cards. The rep told me that you can earn merchandise points and travel points. Bank of America will be keeping a Cowboys card under the current program. You will have to apply for the new NFL points card for all other teams after September with the new bank (cannot remember which one it is).

If you have the credit cards then Bank of America will convert these cards to general rewards cards. The rep told me that you can earn merchandise points and travel points. Bank of America will be keeping a Cowboys card under the current program. You will have to apply for the new NFL points card for all other teams after September with the new bank (cannot remember which one it is).

Barclaycard

• 3 weeks later...

I have almost 120,000 points accumulated - My main interest is to go to a Super Bowl. I have no interest in autographs or keychains or jerseys or whatever - I called to ask about transferring my points and was given the "I am sorry , I know how you feel", but we cannot transfer your points. What can I do?

Archived