Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Extra Points program transition (Redskins Mastercard)

MarkB452

I have almost 120,000 points accumulated - My main interest is to go to a Super Bowl. I have no interest in autographs or keychains or jerseys or whatever - I called to ask about transferring my points and was given the "I am sorry , I know how you feel", but we cannot transfer your points. What can I do?

Buy something and sell it on Ebay(?). BTW, I saw an article in the paper the other day about the NFLEXTRAPOINTS and they mentioned the new card would be with BarClay as another poster had mentinoned here earlier.

Also, under the current program your points expired 3 years after you earned them. Check the fine print with the new card to make sure saving up your points for a SuperBowl is possible. For instance, if you have to put $60,000- 70,000 annually on the card to earn enough points for the SuperBowl in a 3 year period, is that realistic for you?

I have almost 120,000 points accumulated - My main interest is to go to a Super Bowl. I have no interest in autographs or keychains or jerseys or whatever - I called to ask about transferring my points and was given the "I am sorry , I know how you feel", but we cannot transfer your points. What can I do?

.....might be able to keep the points if you got a (God forbid) Cowboys card...ugh.

Anyways, worth a call if you *REALLY* want to try to keep the points.

>>> If you have the credit cards then Bank of America will convert these cards to general rewards cards. The rep told me that you can earn merchandise points and travel points. Bank of America will be keeping a Cowboys card under the current program. You will have to apply for the new NFL points card for all other teams after September with the new bank (cannot remember which one it is).

Buy something and sell it on Ebay(?). BTW, I saw an article in the paper the other day about the NFLEXTRAPOINTS and they mentioned the new card would be with BarClay as another poster had mentinoned here earlier.

Also, under the current program your points expired 3 years after you earned them. Check the fine print with the new card to make sure saving up your points for a SuperBowl is possible. For instance, if you have to put $60,000- 70,000 annually on the card to earn enough points for the SuperBowl in a 3 year period, is that realistic for you?

Believe it or not I signed up for the card last July. I have been paying for everything I can to accumulate the points. At the rate I was going I would have had enough for the low end super bowl tickets (200k) by next spring. The super cool nfl experience super bowl package (300k) was certainly doable - but just getting into the game would have sufficed..:)

.....might be able to keep the points if you got a (God forbid) Cowboys card...ugh.

Anyways, worth a call if you *REALLY* want to try to keep the points.

>>> If you have the credit cards then Bank of America will convert these cards to general rewards cards. The rep told me that you can earn merchandise points and travel points. Bank of America will be keeping a Cowboys card under the current program. You will have to apply for the new NFL points card for all other teams after September with the new bank (cannot remember which one it is).

Unfortunately they tell me I MUST spend the points by the end of August. I would do a Dallas, Carolina or even an EAGLES card if they would let me transfer my points to it. Where did you hear you could transfer to a general rewards card? Thanks..

Unfortunately they tell me I MUST spend the points by the end of August. I would do a Dallas, Carolina or even an EAGLES card if they would let me transfer my points to it. Where did you hear you could transfer to a general rewards card? Thanks..

I thought it would be worth asking if they would let you transfer the points if you got another NFL Card with them. From what another person has posted, it looks like Dallas is the only one left. Since you said you did not want any of the stuff in the rewards program, your best bet might be to get the $500 NFL Shop gift cards and resell them for cash.

I'm still mulling over my options. I believe the cards will no longer earn points effective August 1, 2010. I think I will wait and see how many points I end up with before I go on a buying spree. I should have around 37,000 - 39,000 points to spend.

Does NFL Shop have a jersey sale before the season starts? I ended up using my points to get few gift cards totaling 250. I am thinking about getting another authentic jersey. Last year I got a personalized authentic jersey with my points and this year I was thinking of getting a S Taylor (21) authentic. NFL shop will not let you custom make a Taylor 21 anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle of writing a letter to the NFL. It probably won't do a thing, however it is worth a shot. As of this statement I have 123,000 plus points. It kills me to use them up on nothing. I still have a $50 NFL shop gift card from X-Mas that's been in my pocket doing nothing. Sad...

I thought it would be worth asking if they would let you transfer the points if you got another NFL Card with them. From what another person has posted, it looks like Dallas is the only one left. Since you said you did not want any of the stuff in the rewards program, your best bet might be to get the $500 NFL Shop gift cards and resell them for cash.

I'm still mulling over my options. I believe the cards will no longer earn points effective August 1, 2010. I think I will wait and see how many points I end up with before I go on a buying spree. I should have around 37,000 - 39,000 points to spend.

Bank of America won't do a thing - unfortunately - the NFL program is moving to another bank - I have another card from Bank of America with 30k = points and they won't transfer to it. Dang...

Does NFL Shop have a jersey sale before the season starts? I ended up using my points to get few gift cards totaling 250. I am thinking about getting another authentic jersey. Last year I got a personalized authentic jersey with my points and this year I was thinking of getting a S Taylor (21) authentic. NFL shop will not let you custom make a Taylor 21 anymore.

NFL Shop has a decent sale at the end of the season - I picked up some hats that retail normally for $30 for $7 a piece..

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this in the mail. Its a NFL Extra Points All Access Pass which states I can continue to earn points for Redskins game tickets, merchandise, VIP experiences, and more. It says to continue carrying the official card of the Redskins, simply apply for a new card on or after September 1st.

Has anyone else gotten this. If so do you know what Bank its through. it doesn't say Bank Of America anywhere on it.

I just received this in the mail. Its a NFL Extra Points All Access Pass which states I can continue to earn points for Redskins game tickets, merchandise, VIP experiences, and more. It says to continue carrying the official card of the Redskins, simply apply for a new card on or after September 1st.

Has anyone else gotten this. If so do you know what Bank its through. it doesn't say Bank Of America anywhere on it.

I also got a card today.

The bank is Barclay

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the cards have stopped earning points and the points have been accredited to the accounts. Let the shopping begin. I have about 39,500 points.

Biggest purchase will be either a Sonny authentic or $200 NFL Shop.com gift card....decisions...decisions....

There is no way I'm signing up for the new card. What if I save up for 5 years again for Redskins suite tickets and then they change the program again? I would much rather have a card that I earn cash back that I can defintiely use and not be forced into taking overpriced NFL.com crap that I can buy on ebay for half the price or less. I have to waste 40,000 points this month. If I used a cash back card that paid me just 1%, I would have $400 in my pocket right now. I know the terms and conditions say they can terminate the program at anytime, but this really makes me mad. There should be more options for us now or more notice given so we could have used them last year on game tickets.

Under the old card, the points expired after 3 years, so you could not save up for 5 years, but I feel your pain. I was set to get some Dallas tix this year and have been planning on this for quite a while. I checked the website almost every day from the time the schedule was announced until the announcement that there would be no tickets this year. I went ahead and blew a ton of points on a $200 NFLShop gift card, which I will likely use to get a Sonny Authentic. There are often sales on NFLShop.com and I think it is a better deal to get the $200 gift card than getting the jersey with my points (weird huh?)

As for the new card, I'm waiting to see what kind of deal it is.

Fee or No Fee?

Balance Transfer deal?

How much do I need to charge to the card to get tickets or will they even have tickets?

Try code ENTW16 for a 16% discount. I got a Sonny jersey for about $203 (cost + tax + shipping) after using the discount code....used a $200 NFL Gift Card I got with points and put the remaing $3 on a credit card...saved about 3,000 points vs getting jersey with points alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
So, who got the Barclay Redskins card and what do you think of it so far? I have not gotten one yet, but if they give me 6 months no interest on paying for my season tickets, I might go for it.

I have the same question for anyone that has a card - is it worth it? Or is the card filled with gottchas! Thanks -HTTR

I have the same question for anyone that has a card - is it worth it? Or is the card filled with gottchas! Thanks -HTTR

I have the card, I haven't found any gottcha's yet. I also received a pair of Redskins/Cowboy tickets so far from it, the tickets were upperlevel corner tickets on the Redskin side but row 11 so were not too bad.

• 10 months later...
I have the card, I haven't found any gottcha's yet. I also received a pair of Redskins/Cowboy tickets so far from it, the tickets were upperlevel corner tickets on the Redskin side but row 11 so were not too bad.

I got the new card last Spring and requested a pair for the Dallas game last May as my bonus after 2 purchases. I got them today.....drum roll...........upper deck SRO section 443.....row 13....d'oh!

BTW, not for sale...my nephew and GF will be using them.

The 6 month no interest with minimum payment deal on season tickets is pretty nice. That does not appear to be a one year only thing either...it looks like we get this every year (or until they change the program)....

Archived