Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: As minicamp approaches, Haynesworth isn't the real story

pvkeeper19

Didn't see this posted yet, as it's apparently from THE FUTURE!!!

As minicamp approaches, Haynesworth isn't the real story

By UnWise Mike

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

While interviewing London Fletcher last week at a charity event, I spit out the obligatory Haynesworth question -- Have you been in communication with Albert?

Almost immediately I felt low rent, cheap. As soon as the words tumbled out of my mouth, in fact, I thought that this is what it must be like to work for TMZ, stalking Lindsay Lohan's friends to find out how her rehab is going.

Fletcher, a stand-up NFL veteran of 12 years, was good-natured about it, answering with the class you would expect.

"I'll see [Albert] when he gets here," he said. "I think everyone has their own way of getting ready in the offseason and he has chosen not to be here with his teammates and that's his choice.

"You know, we would love to have him here," Fletcher added. "We have something special going on with this football team. And once he gets here and sees that, he will definitely feel good about everything going on."

But in hindsight, there were two problems with the question.

Full story: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/15/AR2010061504995.html?sid=ST2010061505455

"And now that it's clear Albert would rather combust than conform, I'm done. I don't care. He's not worth anyone's time in Ashburn.

If he wants to keep playing the martyred millionaire and continue losing the respect of the locker room and the league, let him melt down some more. Never mind Canton ever calling, see if a real contender cares about this prima donna."

^ 100% agree.

Btw, thanks Fletcher for being not only an amazing player and teammate for the Redskins, but being an even better mentor, doing great work in the community, and letting fans feel proud that you're a Redskin.

Too bad he has to put up w/this crap from an asshat like Haynesworth.

Archived